We have just come back after spending 10 nights at the Bay Gardens Beach resort. We had a lovely sea view room which had 2 double beds with complimentary tea and coffee facilities and bath robes. They also provide beach towels. We didn't eat at the hotel as we were room only.
The staff were superb, always friendly and helpful.
I would agree with kaw118's review below, in the fact that the hotel had no information in respect of it's facilities. We only knew about the shuttle service via TA and there no mention of this within the hotel or reception.
When we were there it was starting to get quite busy and I can imagine in the busy season that the beach with it's umbrellas could cause a bit of a problem. Each morning before even the beds were out the umbrella's were "reserved" and this was before 7am. Yes there were trees but even these were all booked up early! There's quite a lot of open space with no shade at all and portable umbrellas would help there.
The hotel is 10 minutes walk into the centre of Rodney Bay with plenty of bars and restaurants. There is a lady who bbq's chicken and fish on the beach, she's definitely worth a visit!
Friday night's street party the "jump up" in Gros Islet is great! - Just a short bus ride there and you'll need to get a taxi back.
Overall this hotel is great, really friendly, the grounds are lovely and really clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Gardens Beach Resort is an all-suite hotel with magnificent views of the stunning Caribbean Sea. The architecture of this private boutique and hip hotel is reminiscent of its colonial past, with a mixture of both Caribbean-French and Georgian plantation style, incorporating traditional elements of timbered balconies and verandas for that true Caribbean ambiance. This resort provides a luxurious and relaxing environment for guests with every possible modern facility. Suites are complete with full kitchens, modern bathroom fixtures and living and dining areas. All feature cable TV, DVD and CD players, high-speed internet access and Wi-Fi. The Bay Gardens Beach Resort... Your Window to Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Bay Gardens Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Gardens Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Bay Gardens Beach Castries
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet