2,357 results
All reviews bay gardens hi tide sea grapes st lucia vacation club one bedroom suite garden view pigeon island time share beach resort roti security staff water taxi rum punch restaurants within walking distance big chef water sports
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here on the last weekend in November, and booked this directly with the hotel's own website, as their price could not be bettered by any hotel booking website. We we were mainly holidaying in the south and just wanted a quiet week end break.
As soon as we arrived in the cool lobby we were offered a delicious rum punch. We'd arrived early but the reception staff invited us to sit in the rocking chairs while they tried to get our room serviced early. We decided to leave our bags in the car, and armed with fluffy yellow hotel towels we made for the restaurant intending to have lunch and a snooze under the beach umbrella's.
While we were eating, reception called the restaurant to let us know our rooms were ready ahead of time.

Our spacious twin room had an ample balcony overlooked the swimming pool, and was on a higher floor as requested. Plenty of towels, robes, and shower gel/shampoo etc, and a very good hairdryer.

The fine sandy beach was directly in front of the hotel, with ample sun beds and shade.

We ate breakfast on both days, an excellent buffet, with an egg/pancake station, and plenty of choice.
Staff made a point of going out of their way to talk to guests, and when we had a problem connecting with wifi, it was immediately rectified.

Now... how's this for service...we were walking into town one evening, when the hotel manager was driving home, and she stopped and gave us a lift!

I wish we'd been able to stay longer but we had a wedding to attend, and so returned to the south totally relaxed and refreshed.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank mcpinder
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

It’s a bit unfortunate that you had such a short stay with us, but we’re pleased that you enjoyed it to the fullest! Our entire team, from the top level throughout, is always ready to ensure we provide the absolute best service to our guests.
We hope that you will be able to join us again in the future for a much longer stay.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have just come back after spending 10 nights at the Bay Gardens Beach resort. We had a lovely sea view room which had 2 double beds with complimentary tea and coffee facilities and bath robes. They also provide beach towels. We didn't eat at the hotel as we were room only.
The staff were superb, always friendly and helpful.

I would agree with kaw118's review below, in the fact that the hotel had no information in respect of it's facilities. We only knew about the shuttle service via TA and there no mention of this within the hotel or reception.

When we were there it was starting to get quite busy and I can imagine in the busy season that the beach with it's umbrellas could cause a bit of a problem. Each morning before even the beds were out the umbrella's were "reserved" and this was before 7am. Yes there were trees but even these were all booked up early! There's quite a lot of open space with no shade at all and portable umbrellas would help there.

The hotel is 10 minutes walk into the centre of Rodney Bay with plenty of bars and restaurants. There is a lady who bbq's chicken and fish on the beach, she's definitely worth a visit!

Friday night's street party the "jump up" in Gros Islet is great! - Just a short bus ride there and you'll need to get a taxi back.

Overall this hotel is great, really friendly, the grounds are lovely and really clean.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a sea view room as the sunsets are spectacular!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LN1968
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. The beach front rooms are indeed quite spectacular. Feel free to share your lovely sunset photos on our Facebook page at some point.
We were updating our in-room information directories during the period of your visit, thus the lack of information you experienced. We’ve got two excellent restaurants at the hotel and we encourage our guests, despite being on a room only meal plan to try them out if not only for the convenience, but for the fantastic meals they provide.
Thanks again for your great feedback; we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

All the good reviews you have read about this resort are true. We stayed the last week of November into the first week of December and had a great stay, helped of course by the glorious weather!
Stayed in a pool view 1 bedroom suite on the second floor, very spacious, comfortable, with an extremely well equipped kitchenette. Televisions a little dated but are perfectly functional, plenty of choice of channels. Would like to see more hooks to hang things, maybe something to play and charge i-phone but overall a very modern and welcoming room.
As is the whole resort, which looks even better than the photos! Everything is very clean, modern, bright and well maintained. A very pleasant environment to be in.
Lovely location in Rodney Bay, felt very safe with many restaurents nearby. Had two meals in Hi Tide, quite good and a reasonable price, very good service but it was a bit quiet. Menu did not change all week though, no seafood night? Did not get to try Trios as it was only open for Thurs/Fri/Sat which sadly clashed with other things.
Disappointed that there was no beach bbq but I suppose some things were stopped as it is still low season. Spinnakers on the beach is a good option for meals.
Staff very friendly and efficient. Housekeeping even washed up for us!
An earlier post mentioned that they were not aware of business room / gym / etc, we were because we went to the very useful orientation as mentioned on the welcome pack! Would agree though that a bit more information in the room would be helpful.

Finally a few suggestions:
Go self catering, even breakfast! Good supermarkets nearby, stock up on food and drinks .
Try Rituals coffee shop for a breakfast and coffee
Walking into town takes about ten minutes but there is a free shuttle bus between the beach resort and the hotel in the town centre
Visit the marina on a Thursday from 4.30 and enjoy British style fish and chips! Brilliant!
Spice of India is well worth a visit, not cheap but nice food and a nice place to dine
Make use of the 2 for 1 happy hours on the resort and elsewhere
Try a rotis for lunch from the lady beach vendor who walks the beach
Try another lunch from the stand near the watersports (not there every day though)

All in all a great resort to stay. Will be returning at some time!

Room Tip: Choose a second or third floor (first floor is uk ground floor), prefer pool view to sea view!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lrdyboy

The weather always makes it even better. Thank you for taking the time out to give us your valuable feedback.
We are currently in the process of replacing our older televisions and a large number of rooms now feature updated televisions, as well as Ipod docking stations. To clarify your point on in-room information, we were in the process of replacing our in-room information directories during the time of your stay. We are rolling out fresh and delicious theme nights at the Hi Tide restaurant with themes ranging from ‘A Taste of Thailand’ to ‘British Pub Night’, offering a number of delectable international favourites. It’s unfortunate that you missed out on Trios; you would have loved it!
We look for to your return visit!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Spent the last week of Nov. here and had a great time even though I was out on excusions all week.The hotel staff where very polite,professional, and helpful.the room was very clean the garden view wasn't great but that is a non issue for me.The pool area was very nice as was the bar and restaurant.Great location as it's close to many restaurants and a small town about ten minutes walk away.I do my excusions as a single traveller and have learned not to put all your eggs in one basket as depending on one particular operator for all my needs. I went through three operators and booked some tours a month in advanced, I booked a full day Catamaran ride to the Soufrie, the Ariel Tram and the Snuba at Pigeon Island wiht Beatrice at Cox tours. She's a gem and was very helpful and went out of her way to help me with info on an excusion I had booked with another tour operator.I booked a speed boat for a full day with an outfit called Exodus charters, I had arranged a taxi pick up for my travelling companions with Christophers taxi at Soufrie.Capt. Tom and Arnold where great . My companions went up to Ladera for lunch and got a ride back to the resort while I spent the whole day snorkelling at my own pace. We took a nice troll back to Rodney bay and hooked up two small fish. My companions had a wonderful day and had very nice things to say about Chritophers taxi.I also booked a half day deep sea fishing with Exodus on Friday and I had Martin and Keemo take me out and they certainly tried their hardest but all we did was feed the fish , we had four hits and they took the bait up to the hook.they kept me out there well past the half day as well.Even though no fish it was a fun day. I also booked the Grenadines tour through Serenity tours which was great day and got some great underwater pics.They also where very professional outfit. I also booked a cab to do some shopping the rate was 40.00 US dollars an hour. We went into Castries but the only thing I bought was cinnamon,sappron and banana ketchup, we then went up a mountain to Eudovic Art Studio and found some wonderful hand carved pieces, there was also a store called Bastik nearby that had mostly lady stuff in it but the view of Castries was wonderful. Rodney Mall has some nice craft stores up on the upper level as well as a ceramic store on the lower level, but didn't discover them until the last day. I went to the Friday fish fry and we had a great guide and it was alot of fun ,they had a band and many places to get dinner, I believe the ladies name was Joyce who cooked me a wonderful Red snapper.A visit to Pigeon island is a must if you are at Rodney Bay, I had a very nice lady who called herself Coco Puffs take me on an individual SNUBA tour, It was alot of fun after which i hiked up to the two points on Pigeon island the view are fantastic. There is a great little Bar and restaurant very close to the beach by the SNUBA that also had some local artwork for sale. I wish I had discoverd it earlier as I would have liked to eaten there the food going buy looked great.The staff at BGBR as well as all the tour operators, and the many great folks I met made my stay on St Lucia a memorable one.Also just a friendly tip I had many 20 dollar bills with a small rip in them and they wont take them so make sure the money you bring with you is in good shape.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank waterdawg60
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thanks for staying with us and thank you for leaving such detailed feedback. We hope you will choose to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We throughly enjoyed our time at the Bay Gardens Beach View Hotel & Spa. Our room was a top floor pool with partial sea view and as such was quiet & apart from the complex shower (see below) we had no problems; beds high quality & the kettle, tea & milk, which supplemented that which we had brought from home was much appreciated. Ours was a B&B package, which we found fine, what was actually available from day to day at breakfast varied, but the staff were always willing to cook you fresh scambled eggs or an ommlette, very helpful & charming waiting staff. Preference/ recommended for dinner was Buzz & a Taste of India

The pool area was attractive, although like many pools in the Americas - it was more to do with style & less about being a good swimmers pool. A member of staff always made sure that a sun lounger was available for guests on the public beach immediately in front of the hotel.

In relation as to why I have given the hotel only 4 stars - the following is pertinent. Firstly the hotel had no hotel information book, how were you to know about the gym, the shuttle bus & its times to the centre of Rodney Bay, the library, the 2 computers, in which block your nearest ice machine could be found or indeed that there was a washing machine available should you want it, I also believe there was a heart defiballator to the rear of the reception - if I am correct what use would it be. It may be that we should have had a lecture/ talk etc but a reference book is much more useful.

However it was the shower that caused us the most problems - the first morning we found ourselves with a shower with scalding hot water cascading from it & we could not turn it off; I went to call reception for help, only to find that their number was not on the telephone; numbers for reception vary throughout the world & that needs sorting with immediate effect, I had to stand on the back walkway & wait for a member of staff to pass - to call down to ask for help!

Secondly, I must comment on the lack of umbrellas by the pool, not one sun lounger had an umbrella - (including those by the Jacuzzi). As I have previously commented on TA from LV in the USA to Brazil - have not the Americas heard of the connection between the sun and skin cancer. There was some lovely trees to sit under on the beach - but only four(?) permanent umbrellas, other hotels on Rodney Beach had portable umbrellas available for their guests

Would I recommend or return to the hotel - if in St Lucia - the answer is simply yes.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kaw118
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank you for leaving us your detailed feedback; we truly appreciate it. During the period of your stay, our in-room directories had been pulled out for updating with more current information. These are a standard in every room and have since been re-added. We’ll definitely review your umbrella concern, as the comfort of our guests is absolutely paramount.
Thanks again for your recommendation and we hope you’ll visit us again – if in St. Lucia!