1,633 results
All reviews cane bar bayside restaurant great room rainforest spa sushi sugar beach luxury villa butler service plunge pool st lucia our honeymoon beach bar meal plan dinner reservations viceroy resort water taxi sunset cruise
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I spent our Anniversary at the Jalousie November 2012. The Jalousie is absolutely is top notch!!! Truely paradise!! BEST location in St Lucia!! The views are magnificent! We were surprisingly upgrated to an incredible bungalow right on the beach!! I almost cried that's how spectacular it was!! From the moment we arrived on the property we were treated like royalty!! Butler service was incredible!! Bungalow was perfectly clean and so very romantic!! Bed and pillows were super comfortable! The beach is amazing and the freshly redone pool was incredible!! Restaurant staff was top notch....the food was out of this world!!! We have really high expectations when traveling and the Jalousie will not disappoint!!!!! Overall service was incredible! Just can't say enought about this place!!! It was absolutely spectacular and we are forever grateful to all at the Jalousie for making our 15 year Anniversary one that we will never forget!! We have only been home 1 day and miss it already!! We look forward to coming back to paradise at the Jalousie!!!

Room Tip: bungalow #14.....absolutely loved it!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
ABoersma, General Manager at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Good day,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your 15-year anniversary celebration at The Jalousie Plantation, Sugar Beach.
I am happy that all of your expectations were exceeded and you had a wonderful time. I am pleased you enjoyed our amenities and accommodations as well as the relaxing and comfortable atmosphere. We are committed to ensuring our guests have stays that are fulfilling and memorable for all the right reasons and I am delighted that this was the case for you.
Once again, thank you for your wonderful comments. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I had been spending our vacation this year in this beautiful resort. Undoubtely it's the best located resort in St.Lucia; it lays right between the two pitons, the most famous attraction of the island, also the white sand beach is remarkable compared to other beaches of St.Lucia. It's surrounded by incredible gardens, all the rooms are top-quality equipped and each have even a private pool with stunning scenario. Rooms are located on small cottages spread on the hill with a beautiful sight of the gulf and the pitons, the distance from beach and restaurants isn't a dramatic problem as shuttle service is prompt and sufficiently comfortable.
Food is ok, although not much targeted for italian/mediterranean guests, also prices aren't cheap, but you can expect this from his kind of locations.
There were some renovation works around the hotel, I could notice them but disturbance was greatly low.
Just one low point : on day current supply broke for 4 hrs but it seemed so on all island !
A place I'd absolutely reurn !

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stefano F

Good day,
Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to write this review about your stay at The Jalousie Plantation, Sugar Beach.
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit and that the courtesies and services you experienced positively contributed to a relaxing stay.
I would like to take the opportunity to apologise for the break in power supply that you experienced. Unfortunately, the issue was with the national service provider and they were unable to rectify the problem as quickly as we would have liked. I trust this did not spoil and otherwise positive stay.
I have also noted your comments about the food at the resort. Our culinary team works hard to create dishes to satisfy a wide range of palates. I am sorry you felt there were not enough dishes to suit more European tastes. If they had known, I am sure the team would have created dishes that would not only have met but exceeded your expectations.
Please know that your comments and your business have been greatly appreciated.
On behalf of the entire team, we all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Arrived in paradise on October 26th, and I have to say it was absolutely amazing. The standard of accommodation (first a sugar mill room 10, then a complementary upgrade to a cottage room 306) was second to none, absolutely beautiful. But what really makes this place special are the staff, they really do go above the standards that I have experienced elsewhere in the Caribbean and we have been visiting the Islands for the last 20 years, approximately 2 to 3 times a year!

We took the Half Board option as the hotel were offering a special rate at the time that we booked, and it worked for us.

Breakfast was a huge variety of many delicious courses, we were indulging in 3 courses every morning!

We skipped lunch as we were far too full, then went for a 5 star meal in the Great room, WOW, the food offered here was a taste sensation, along with excellent service from the staff, they are a credit to not only the Hotel, but also the Island of St Lucia, we couldn't have asked for more. A special thank to everyone of them who gave us a memorable Anniversary celebration which was the whole team, including the supervisor and Chef Daniel.

Yes there is construction going on, which doesn't make it perfect (at the moment), but the Hotel is situated in the most spectacular place on earth, a beautiful beach surrounded by lush tropical rain forest in between the two humongous Pitons, I just can't describe the beauty, so you have to go and look for yourselves!

This was our second Visit to Jalousie as we stayed there 10 years ago when it was owned by the Hilton, the improvements made are outstanding!

Our Butlers were very accommodating, and our house cleaner kept our room spotless. To the management, keep up the good work, but please don't over price yourselves so that it's not just kept for the very well off.

To everyone reading this, go and experience one of the most beautiful place's on earth!

Room Tip: All rooms are at a very high standard
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank allen-frm-Cardiff

Good day,
Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to write this wonderful review about your anniversary and second visit at The Jalousie Plantation, Sugar Beach.
The Jalousie Plantation (soon to become Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort) is all about luxury services and offerings. We get rave reviews about our breakfast and dinner offerings and I am delighted that you were satisfied and shared the same sentiments. I will be sure to pass on your glowing comments to the team especially the individuals mentioned.
Thank you for recognizing the clear improvement that we have made to the resort over the years. During the period that you stayed with us, we were putting the finishing touches on a US$100 million transformation which is now complete.
Once again, thank you for your comments and business. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I spent 7 days at The Jalousie Plantation at the end of October 2012 for our honeymoon. We arrived early on our check-in day and had lunch at the Bayside while waiting. Once our 'room' was ready, a shuttle began taking us up the hillside and I soon realized that we would not be staying in the Sugar Mill room that we had booked. We arrived and Linus took us into our Superior Luxury Villa (#803). As he walked us through, neither of us could stop smiling. It was above and beyond what we expected. From the canopy bed, to the clawfoot tub and dual-stall shower, to the complimentary champagne, rum, fruiit, and fried plantains for our honeymoon, it was quite a welcome, indeed. We felt pampered and well-looked after during our entire stay. The beach, while short (like most St Lucia beaches), was beautiful and well maintained and of course the Pitons on either side really made the setting feel unique and exotic. There were no issues getting covered loungers and the beach employees always responded promptly if we put up our red flag for service (though admittedly it was off-season). There was pool construction while we were there and while noticeable, we never felt it was intrusive. We knew about this prior to our trip, and the pool is now finished and open, I believe. We both thought the food was wonderful...I think only one dessert fell short of expectations. Dinner menu items changed daily (for the most part) and though the breakfast menu didn't change, there was a wide variety of options. All of the employees we encountered were extremely friendly and always greeted us with a smile. Overall, it was a fantastic stay and we hope to return for an anniversary in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kevinjm88

Good day,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your honeymoon experience with us.
We are always pleased to hear great comments and to know that you were really pleased with the high level of service that we provided. We provide top-notch amenities, facilities and accommodation that we know will enhance our guests’ overall experience. I am particularly pleased that you valued the upgrade that was offered to you.
Regarding the food, I am glad that you enjoyed the food offerings with the exception of the dessert that you mentioned. Had you made us aware, I am confident that our executive chef would have prepared something to your satisfaction..
Once again, thank you for your comments and we would be delighted to welcome you back to Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort for a future anniversary celebration.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had an amazing week-long stay in October. This resort is nestled in the perfect location between the pitons. The service is top notch from the Butlers, to the shuttle drivers and of course the restaurant staff. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer....

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank 333CMTraveler

Good day,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your stay at The Jalousie Plantation, Sugar Beach soon to rebrand as Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.
I am delighted to know that our location, services and staff positively impacted your vacation. I will pass on your glowing feedback to the team.
Once again, thank you for sharing your wonderful comments with us.