Stonefield Villa Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$303
US$64
US$61
Fond Doux Plantation & Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$275
Ladera Resort(Soufriere)
US$354
US$320
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$367/night.

La Haut Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$104
Boucan by Hotel Chocolat(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$289
Hummingbird Beach Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$116
  • Breakfast included
Jade Mountain Resort(Soufriere)
US$1,226
US$1,110
1,603 results
All reviewsbayside restaurantcane bargreat roomrainforest spasushisugar beachluxury villabutler serviceplunge poolst luciaour honeymoonbeach barmeal plandinner reservationsviceroy resortservice chargesunset cruise
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My family and I are currently staying in one of the private residences at Sugar Beach that is managed by the resort. While I'll write a more detailed review at the end on our trip, I did want to flag anybody thinking of staying at a private residence to be aware that you will be in the midst of a construction zone. They are building a lot of additional private residences, and they do not alert you to that fact when you are booking. So as I type this, there is some very loud construction going on literally 50 odd feet from our patio as an excavator is moving large bolders around. While the view is idyllic, the construction noise totally ruins it.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank SohoJohn
ABoersma, General Manager at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Good day,
We see that you have posted a second review about your stay praising our team for turning around your vacation experience.
I know members of the management and butler teams met with you while you were on property so that we could ensure the remainder of your stay was as comfortable and peaceful as possible. From your subsequent review, it seems we were very successful in this regard.
My response to your later review covers the points raised in this review.
Once again, thank you for your comments and I am happy that you will be returning to stay with us again soon...next time in one of our Grand Luxury Villas.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have just spent 9 days at Sugar Beach and we had a fantastic time. When we arrived we were driven by our (pre-booked private) taxi directly to our room where staff were waiting for us with a cocktail. This was strange - I have never been able to avoid that queuing up at reception to check in before but it was amazing. However if, like us, you arrive in the afternoon, I would encourage you to don swimming things and go straight down to the beach. We crashed out and didn't see the resort in the light until the following morning! By the end of the holiday every day seems more precious!
From one window in our large multi-roomed accommodation we had a view of the Petit Piton and from our balcony (with plunge pool) we could see the sea.
The restaurants were good, although as I am not a fish eater I think I might have found the menu a bit limiting if I had stayed much longer. However, my husband eats fish and relished their menus which offered lots of variety!
We had not a single exception to the staff being extremely friendly and as interested in us as we encouraged them to be but not nosey.
Free wifi everywhere as you would expect from an American-influenced hotel.
The gym wasn't amazing but was certainly more than adequate as it wasn't used that much - I never had to queue for a machine and wasn't limited in the length of time I could stay on any machine. The fitness instructors were friendly and offered yoga and fitness classes and an hour's accompanied walk up a steep hill towards the Gros Piton on Monday morning (recommended).
I also recommend the night snorkelling trip where you are accompanied and they provide you with torches - you see quite different sea-life from a daytime snorkel.
Make sure you have supper in the "Great Room" on a Sunday because there is a fantastic singing couple that evening who will take requests. Thursday night at the Cane Bar was great fun too.
I don't recommend this hotel for teenagers. We went during term time so there were none but I don't really see how ours would have found much to do. When we were there there were pre-schoolers and the parents seemed extremely happy with the childcare provided by the hotel.
Mineral water and most soft drinks in your mini bar are free, as are (local) "Piton" Beer and Nespresso Coffee Pods!. If you have a favourite spirit I recommend buying it duty free and taking it with you to add to the mixers provided.
We only did one excursion, which I would recommend, to the Hotel Chocolat (see separate review).
All in all a great holiday and, if there weren't so many other places in the World that we have not yet seen, we would go back there like a shot!

Room Tip: The rooms are in clusters - 300s, 500s, 700s, 800s, 900s We had a room on the hillside (in the 700s) which meant that we needed to take a "shuttle" (either a tuk-tuk or a small jeep) down to the restaurants and beach but this really wasn't a problem - they always came to our room within 5 minutes of being called. Even when quite a few tuk-tuks were out of action the hotel hired some extra vehicles to make sure guests weren't kept waiting. If you won't want to rely on shuttles, choose a Sugar Mill room or a Beach Bungalow which don't have the hillside views. I would not choose the Beach Bungalows, however, because everyone on the beach is right outside your door. The upside, however, is that it is just a short walk to most things in the resort. As I write (Jan 2013) I would not recommend rooms in the 300s as they overlook building works which would be noisy and you would feel overlooked by workmen but they say that this work will be completed by March 2013 so you should be safe by June and they are newer and slightly more luxurious than the 700s, with infinity pools. Our plunge pool was a bit chilly - the newer rooms (eg 300s and 800s) have heated plunge pools.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Jo T
ABoersma, General Manager at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Good day,
Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to write this review about your recent stay at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.
I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with everything you experienced.
Our team members are highly trained professionals and aim to consistently deliver excellent service. They will be pleased to hear that they contributed in a positive way to your vacation.
Our younger guests are very important to us, including those in their teens and tweens. We have developed the Spice Club for them where they can play table tennis, billiards, board games and have time to mix and mingle. I am sure your teens would find plenty to do should you decide to return with them at some point. Once again, thank you for your comments and business. We look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Sugar Beach is in a stunning location. The rooms are beautifully decorated, as is the rest of the resort. We had a grand luxury villa and a luxury villa - the main difference is the larger outside space. There is a great range of activities, tennis, scuba diving, snorkling, fitness classes. Todd the fitness instructor and Vitus (not sure spelling) really made our stay fantastic! The butler (Linus) and shuttle services were also great. Always service with a smile! The cane bar provides something different and again is beautifully decorated. There are no negatives as such, the only thing that could have been better was service at breakfast and in the bayside which was slow at times and the bill was occasionally wrong. We spend two weeks as a family there and I would highly recommend this resort, it is the most relaxed I have felt for a long time and I was constantly impressed with how beautiful the hotel was and how smiley and welcoming the staff were. We would definitely return!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Anon87_12

Good day,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort stay.
Guest satisfaction is our highest priority. We always try to ensure that our guests are given the best possible service. We are pleased that you were contented with your accommodation, the activities we offer and the décor of our bars and restaurants.
I would like to take the opportunity to apologise for the slow breakfast service you experienced, We are continuing to review our service standards in that area to ensure that the timeliness of service is on a par with the rest of the resort.
Once again, thank you for your praise. I will be sure to communicate your feedback to the rest of the team, especially the individuals mentioned.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We went for lunch to the beachside restaurant for lunch. We had read that non residents were not always welcome but we found just the opposite to be the case. On arrival at the gate lodge we were directed where to park and a shuttle was called for us. We arrived at the restaurant about 12.30 and we had a choice of tables. Within in 10 minutes it was pretty full, so we had timed it right. We all ordered off the menu and then we discovered the salad bar. Wow. So we had that as well. The cost was reasonable for the quality we received.
After lunch two of us went for a snorkel whilst the boys sat in the shade at the bar. The were places to get changed and to shower. When we had finished a shuttle arrived and off we went up the hill.
This really is a fabulous resort in a perfect setting. Wouldn't mind spending more time there!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank candirisk

Good day,
Thank you for posting your comments about your recent visit to Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.
We are pleased that you enjoyed the resort’s settings and the quality of food at our Bayside Restaurant. Our culinary team will be happy to hear your comments.
Thank you once again for your review and business. We look forward to seeing you again soon, hopefully for longer next time.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We ate here at the Bayside restaurant which is on the sea. The hotel has several restaurants and bars set in a beautiful location between the Pitons on St Lucia. Take the road south from Soufriere and after passing the Stonefield estate turning take the next turning on the right signposted Viceroy resort. The road climbs and dips, keep going and eventually comes to a security gate where you need to tell them you are going for lunch. At the next security gate (don't be put off, it truly is worth it) you will park and board a buggy to take you down the last part to the beach.
The restaurant is beautiful, open to the elements so you can see the view. Delicious food, reasonably priced in US dollars, for such a stunning resort and setting and the service was excellent.
Take your swimming things, there is an area for snorkelling and sun beds to lie on to the right of the restaurant. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank jackiesumerfield

Good day,
Thank you for visiting Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.
We are glad that you had the chance to experience our resort and that you enjoyed lunch at the Bayside Restaurant. Our culinary team works hard to ensure that the dishes they prepare are of the highest quality.
Once again, thank you for spending the day with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, perhaps as a resident guest next time around.