“Food was fantastic ”

Captain Jack's Beach Bar and Grill
Ranked #50 of 116 Restaurants in Philipsburg
Reviewed May 10, 2017 via mobile

Had the jerk red snapper with my husband.. It was delicious! Staff was friendly and Xtina was my furry friend the whole time we were there. Will definitely be back to visit!

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed February 26, 2017

We stopped here for lunch during a shopping trip. Wonderful place. Food was good. Reasonable prices. Service was ok.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed February 12, 2017

Great view, very good service, and tasty food - what more can you ask for in a dinner place...

We ordered the Jamaican style grilled red snapper, and it was perfectly cooked and delicious. The service from Tafari was top notch, and the drinks were great.

We definitely will be back again on our next visit to SXM.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed January 9, 2017

In December 2016 my wife and I along with another couple sailed on a 9-day Holland America cruise aboard their newest ship, the m.s. Koningsdam. We visited a variety of islands in the Lesser Antilles including Saint Martin / Sint Maarten.

Our ship docked near downtown Philipsburg on the Dutch side of the island. About a 20-30 walk from the port you’ll reach Front Street - a wonderful esplanade along the beach lined with duty free boutiques, shops, restaurants and bars.

On this beachside boardwalk we discovered Captain Jack’s and decided to stop for a round of cold beverages to enjoy the view.

I must admit that the staff at Captain Jack’s seem wholly uninterested in taking our order for drinks, or food, or really anything at all. They’re mostly young and were much more interested in playing on their phones. Island mentality I suppose. It didn’t take long to be annoyed, but the coldest bottle of Heineken you would ever hope for soon distracted me and snapped me back to reality to enjoy the amazing view of the Caribbean right from our table.

The Front Street boardwalk has something for everyone. Whether it’s a cold beer at a hole-in-the-wall bar, a fine dining experience with an incredible view, or shopping to your heart’s desire, you’ll find it on Front Street in Philipsburg on the Dutch side of this pretty little island in the Caribbean.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed December 5, 2016 via mobile

The owner approached us on the boardwalk and I hate pushy people but he was very kind and did not push. He told us what his business was and if we wanted to come back, he would appreciate it. So later that evening I am so glad we went back. We had an appetizer due to the owner saying everything was cooked fresh so it would takes a little longer to cook. The main course, grilled red snapper, was excellent, I would recommend it highly. The owner was very personable and fun to talk with. If seafood is what you love I would highly recommend Captain Jacks!!

Date of visit: December 2016