4,336 results
All reviews sonesta maho swim up bar lava rock pizza ocean view il pescatore seafood restaurant a la carte restaurants pool deck entertainment staff sister hotel all inclusives oceanview room beautiful island st maarten great vacation nightly entertainment
Reviewed March 2, 2018

We stayed here August 2017 just prior to the hurricane. Great hotel if you just want to chill. Great beach, service, excellent food and accommodations but lacking in activity and entertainment. It was pretty sleepy. The sister property in Maho Bay had a much better vibe. Our room was clean and comfortable, staff were friendly and helpful, shout out to Melissa! Great hostess and was happy to accommodate your requests and even helpful/resourceful with tours! She set us up with Cowboy who took us for a day tour of the island! thanks Melissa for your great smile and positive attitude!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank alferina
Reviewed February 22, 2018

I stayed with my husband here, March 2017. The rooms were nice and clean and the staff was very friendly. I was a little disappointed with the buffet. It seemed like everything was always cold. Once we discovered Il Pescatore restaurant, we had dinner there as much as we could. It was very good.
The beach was beautiful, but there was a steep drop off when you got a little way out in the water.

Date of stay: March 2017
1  Thank DK39
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

Been to a lot of Caribbean Islands,but this is the best,got to the hotel was busy, got check in in about 1/2 hour,when sitting there I was talking to bell man name Giovani, we called him G.this guy was the man,took care of me all week.the staff is is like no other.food was great,bar people fantastic, great place to just kick back,sat and talked to people from all over the world. I give this place a 11 .I was going back but I can info do to the damage.please open soon I'm comming bacj.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank EdP1283
Reviewed February 8, 2018

LOVED this place, not going to put much in this review as we were there in 2017 and it is now closed due to hurricane damage. Hope you can rebuild and we can return soon.
We loved being able to walk into town (it's about 15min), walking to the ruins of a fort at the resort down the road and we especially loved how deep the pools were! I am about 5'8 and the middle of the infinity pool was over my head! This place is aimed at light partying during the days and very quiet at night - if you are looking to party with 20 somethings this is not the place for you.

Room tip: We asked for a room on the lower floor so we had our own Bali bed for our entire stay, loved having the beach at my doorstep
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2018

I have nothing but great things to say about the Island , The people are fantastic and friendly , I felt safe there , Was so sad to see the damage caused by the hurricane in 2017 , Hopefully I will get to return , We visited this resort as it was sister resort to the Sonesta , We will be back

Date of stay: February 2017