All reviews pink pearl full bathrooms the cruise ships leave beach towels washer and dryer every morning sint maarten bars and restaurants grocery store air conditioner beautiful beach furniture boardwalk unit greenhouse balcony sasha
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Very nice location , but sad to say it was so poorly maintained , it was diffcult to appreciate the location. The week we stayed there, we were only able to get one good night good sleep. We were not able to sleep in the main bedroom at all we had to relocate to the pull out bed in the main living area the first night at 2AM.Therfore after the first night we had to resort to the pullout bed in the main living area . The noise from neighboring units and AC units was horrible.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mgibson04
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I knew in advance there was no parking at hotel, so we found a pot hole to park in down the street. Then as we unloaded the luggage a unsavory character wanted money to ensure the safety of the car. It's a rental I said and he would not get any money from me. By the end of the week we were missing two hub caps.
So the Sea Palace was dated but adequate and has a beautiful views of Great bay and the beach. The boardwalk is lined with good restaurants / bars. Front street is lined with jewelry stores etc. which reportedly offer good deals. So again the beach is beautiful but the neighborhood felt unsafe to me, especially with kids.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank dkells4
Reviewed March 29, 2010

My husband and I just stayed at the Sea Palace this past week in celebration of our 10 year wedding anniversary. We were originally going to Acapulco but with the crime happening there, we didn't feel safe going so we switched at the last minute and the Sea Palace was the only timeshare open for our time slot.

We stayed in Room 205 which overlooks the street. The room itself was okay, albeit a little outdated, but having a room on the back was awful at night. The neighborhood dog barked nonstop, we heard loud rap music from passing cars nightly sometimes in the middle of the night, and there was a fight right below us with people screaming, bottles breaking, etc. (So much for getting away from the violence). I assume if you had a beach front room, these problems wouldn't be an issue.

We didn't bring our children on this vacation and staying at the Sea Palace, I'm glad we didn't. Not much in the way of amenities, etc.

All that being said, I felt the staff (especially Myra) was really good. People are friendly, and happy to help. Our cell phones didn't work (even though they should have) and the phone in our room as well as the main phone in the lobby didn't work either. Myra was a saint and offered to let me use her phone in her office twice to call our kids. She knew how bad I wanted to talk with them and made it happen. She was AWESOME!

St. Maarten itself is beautiful and relaxing and fit our needs perfectly. If you are looking for nightlife, it's not a good place to go. The town shuts down around 5 or 6 pm and there's not much open.

Dining suggestions: Fusion (right next door) was really good! We also ate at Lee's in Marigot and that was awesome.

We'll go back to St. Maarten with our kids but we won't be staying at the Sea Palace.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vermont2010
Reviewed February 26, 2010

We have a timeshare there since 1987 and have always enjoyed our stay. Yeah it's not the fanciest place, but it serves our needs. We know P burg is a little funky after dark, but it's not that bad. The staff is always frendly and helpful. If something is not right, they try their best. The beach and the boardwalk are nice and the water's great. It's funeto sit on the balcony and watch the 12 meter boats just off the beach. Been going there for 25 yeard and watched the island change. It's way too built up now but what else is new.
Looking forward to our visit in 2 weeks. We hope to catch the Heineken Regatta parties, do some sailing and relax. PS Great restaurant next door "Fusion", you have to try it.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank LaurentideNewJersey
Reviewed January 28, 2010

We've owned a timeshare at seapalace for 4 years and are thrilled. The service is great, ask and they will go out of their way to accomadate you. We traveled this past year with my parents and my father is not well. The heat and travel were causing more problem for him and we had no car. Joe at sea palace was able to find a wheelchair that we could rent for our week and made all the arrangements to get and return it for us.
The building its self is older but the rooms are well taken care of and have been refurbished in the last 3 years. It is ideally located on the main street and backs the beach and with in walking distance for most anything. The combination of great friendly service and location as well as nice furnishings make it ideal for vistors of all types.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family