Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TravelocityUS$102
Hotels.comUS$102
Orbitz.comUS$102
TripadvisorUS$102
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2019

This is a nice clean property which has been thoroughly renovated since the hurricane. Located in a residential section it has good water pressure, internet, and TV. Rooms are exceptionally clean and equipped with a kitchenette: coffee maker, stove and fridge and necessary dishes, utensils and pans. We only stayed one night before boarding a cruise ship next day, so we weren't here for a beach holiday . The hotel has a very nice full-size pool however. We enjoyed our evening in the French side of the island, where we got to use our high school French at a local Mom-and-Pop-style restaurant "Chez Nora." We had a delicious dinner cooked by the owner's wife. Owner of the hotel (Hazel) was very accommodating and fun to talk with and spoke perfect English. The multilingual reception staff was very friendly and helpful. Sure, the hotel rooms could maybe use a little TLC, but it was a good choice and truly value for our travel dollar. Or Euro.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2019

If you're looking for a place to stay, this is one. It's nothing to write home about. It's not beautiful. It doesn't make you feel like "YAY I'm on St Martin! It's so beautiful!" But it is a place to sleep. If you plan to spend most of your vacation on a beach or exploring the island(s) and plan to spend no time in your room, then this would be fine.

If you stay here, I'd recommend that you rent a car. Taxis are crazy expensive (we never had a single ride under $25 US, and most were a couple miles at most), and this area is not walkable at all. This neighborhood/area is also pretty impoverished and hurricane-damaged, which does tend to make you pretty sad. But if you can rent a car, then you can get to all the island beaches and restaurants and then just come back here to sleep. And you will need a car for everything, so the taxi rides get super expensive really fast. $50 to get to breakfast and back? No thanks. You can rent a car for that same price and get everywhere you want to go, plus cool places like the Pic du Paradise or Loterie Farm. The hotel has a very small parking lot, where you can park your rental for free.

The room itself is fine. Just a very basic place to sleep. No safe, which I was warned against in travel guides and reviews, but didn't have any issues with that. The wifi was really bad. My cousin and I couldn't ever seem to connect at the same time and sometimes, we'd connect but it would say "no internet access." It was nearly unusable but we were able to download some offline google maps one at a time after several tries. The air conditioner was not great and we couldn't figure out how to control it / turn on more air, but we made it through. The room had two beds with very basic sheets and a blanket, and the toilet and shower were fine. That's about all for the room, just a simple place. The staff is super nice and helpful and will call you taxis or hold your luggage.

I also stayed at another hotel in Grand Case on this visit, which was AMAZING and beautiful and just over-the-top island experience, so I have good context for quality and experience. Personally, I would not stay here again, but if your goal is to find a hotel to sleep in that has open rooms and is an okay price, then this one will be fine for you.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2019

Had a three night stay in this hotel, after a fluid check in procedure i was in my room (on the ground floor). It had a small kitchenette with microwave, stovetop with oven, fridge/freezer and a coffee machine. Fully equipped and clean. Room had 2 beds, 2 chairs and a small table. Bathroom was not too big but ok. Due to the hurricane all was relatively new and looked renovated. There were plenty of towels, and refilled daily also the kitchenware included soap etc. As being on the ground floor (near the entrance) I did expect to be disturbed at night by noise. However that did not happen at all. Only thing was that on the last night it rained heavily there was loud noise outside as the rain poured on the ground right in front of my window. But other than that nothing to really complain, it is affordable, clean (and cleaned daily), has good Wi-Fi and only a good 10-12 minute hike away from the center. Supermarket and pharmacy are very close also. Would recommend this place for a good stay in Marigot.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

We had booked from Saturday 16th until Wednesday the 20th of February 2019 into the Fantastic Hotel, as it was close to Marigot, but also one of the very last options available, especially for the Night from Saturday to Sunday.
But already the first moment in the room was dissapointing, since it smelled mould, heavily perfumed over. The wall behind the bed had several mouldy spots as did especially the shower. As the bathroom door was closed and neither the AC nor the room perfume reached in, it smelled even more mould. Well, what could we do: there were hardly any alternatives on the Island. So we left it there.
Returning at night, we switched off the AC and were tired enough to fall asleep, despite the heavy smell of mould, air deodorant etc.
On Sunday morning we got woken up already at 8:15 by a very loud group of maybe 10-12 adult men and about 4-6 kids in addition. Our room Nr. 102 faced right onto the pool, but without direct access. After they started to have their party around the pool, we had no more chance to fall asleep. Well, we finally had even some people partying in the lobby, right in front of our room, so at latest around 9:00 am we had no other option to get up and get some breakfast, despite the fact that we would have loved to sleep a little longer :-( I would like to add that it smelled rather marihuana in the lobby, just in front of our room...
Returning Sunday night after dinner, the smell was slightly better then before. We fell asleep, but got woken up around 4:00 the first time by two very loud neighbours, obviously returning from their night with rather plenty of alcohol, I would guess. Already around 7:00 o‘clock, their alarmclock went and it was impossible to overhear their loud phonecall from around 7:30-8:00. From then on, they were up and awake, talking loud (as it seemed in our room). At about 9:05 somebody knocked, rather banged at our door. After my tired responses, the person finally asked, if we wanted to have our room done and cleaned up today - I said ‚NO‘, since we tried to sleep a litte, compensating earlier disturbances. So glad to be walken up by the room service, we were already fully awake, when at 9:15 the jackhammer started! Yes, full on construction action started right from then until the moment we left the place around 11:00. That was the moment we decided to leave this place immediately and booked an alternative. Leaving the place, the reception did not even react. When I brought back the key and gave a short explanation, the receptionist did not even make an attempt to either appologize, neither to offer me giving something back from the four nights I paid in advance - which was clearly my mistake from the very beginning!
This was my not so fantastic experience - hope you will all have better ones!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank lorenzomastro69
Reviewed November 11, 2018

Badly hit by hurricane Irma over a year ago, this hotel has not recovered, but are charging a big price. Our room smelled of mould, AC leaked, water stains and paint/plaster peeling on all the walls and ceiling. Pool uninviting; plastic chairs were broken and garbage strewen in the corners - and pool water not clean. No bar or restaurant. Definitely not a £100+ a night room !!!

Date of stay: November 2018