“Incredible Family Experience”

and up
Small-Group Day Sail in St Maarten
Ranked #5 of 39 Tours in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: The best day for sure. Sailing on a comfortable, fully cushioned sailboat, snorkeling, mud bath, stand up paddle board, great lunch cooked in the ship's galley, fishing off the stern and best of all - the famous, all ages Tarzan Swing! You will be well looked after by your experienced crew! All included in price - no hidden costs. Photos of your day are FREE online! Free tshirts also for honeymooners and others - just ask how you can get a free tshirt.
Chicago, Illinois
“Incredible Family Experience”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Our family experience on Random Wind was just incredible. Diane and Trevor took wonderful care of our family of 10 on our private charter. The sites, the food, and the experiences (especially the Tarzan swing and sitting on the bow of the boat) were all first rate. It was one of the highlights of our family vacation.

Peoria, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“I nice, relaxing day of fun!”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We spent the day with Di and the Captain, mostly sailing along the south side of St. Maarten. Dianne made a great lunch, and everyone on the boat had a wonderful time. Dianne and Trevor are great hosts, but quite frankly, the thing that makes this trip worth taking is Dianne's business skills. She is one sharp lady who understands that she can never stop selling herself and her business. Dianne works the crowd all day and made everyone feel like family. In terms of succeeding in her business, the gal is "ALL IN."

3 Thank davethefoodcritic
Dayton ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Always a great time”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Our 3rd trip on the Random Wind & excellent as always.
If U appreciate a relaxing day on the water with excellent hosts (Diane & Trevor), it is well worth the $100.
Be prepared to swing from the trapeze & have your feet nibbled by fish

London, Ontario, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“For a Perfect Day in St. Maarten”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I travelled with my mother to St. Maarten aboard Navigator of the Seas in January. As the more seasoned traveller of the two of us I was in charge of planning this vacation down to the last detail, and I did plenty of research before departing on this trip because I wanted to be sure my mother had a host of wonderful memories. Booking our roughly 6-hour day on Random Wind was one of my great "wins"... Diane hosted us in such a laid-back, friendly manner that we felt like old friends within a very short period of time. We learned about her and her family, about her life in St. Maarten, and couldn't have been happier in her company. Captain Trevor's professionalism and sense of humour were a perfect accompaniment. We sailed around St. Maarten, stopping twice to swim, snorkel (although there wasn't all that much to look at) or use the "tarzan swing" and enjoyed a delicious lunch prepared by Diane (another big win: with advance notice she was more than happy to prepare a vegetarian lunch for us, as neither of us eats meat). The day was picture-perfect, so don't forget your camera if/when you go!

Visited January 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing Activity in St. Maarten!”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My husband and I went on a cruise on our honeymoon and one of the ports was St. Maarten. We heard about Random Wind, and upon looking at the website, we knew we wanted to book it! I'd never been on a sailboat before, and it seemed like a great price to include the entire day of sailing, lunch, and unlimited drinks. It was definitely a better deal than the excursions offered by the cruise ship.

We took a cab with our friends on the ship to the Shipjack's restaurant, where we met up with Dianne and the others who would be sailing with us. There were all ages on the sailboat, and we all had an awesome time! Dianne and Trevor take the time to talk to you about St. Maarten and island culture and answer all of your questions. They feel like friends by the end of the trip. Also, you get a very nice lunch included, and there's a swing where you can swing from the side of the boat into the water. They stop so you can swim to a local beach and play, too. Dianne takes care to make sure cruise travelers get back to the ship on time too (which from what I've heard, is the reason why so many cruisers are hesitant to book outside tours, but don't hesitate to book this one!).

Even though I got a little sick on the sailboat (waters were rough that day), I would definitely do Random Wind again in St. Maarten. The staff also takes pictures of your excursion and posts them on facebook a couple weeks later, so you can relive it when you get home. Great excursion all around!

Visited May 2011