“Dinner”

Jimbo's Rock & Blues Cafe
Ranked #29 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Open air dining - restaurant surrounds a fresh-water swimming pool featuring two water-falls and beautifully lit palm trees. We are on vacation and closed from Sept. 1st to November 1st - see you then!!!
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Shredded steak burrito "wet" was what the taste buds wanted! Careful with the hoy sause in the jar...the picture is true to life! Jimbo made the rounds and was an added bonus for our visit! Thanks!

There are newer reviews for Jimbo's Rock & Blues Cafe

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We went there for lunch. Food was delicious....I had fajita. It was awesome, my husband had the seared tuna salad, it came in a taco shell, also delicious. It has a small wading pool in center of restaurant.....I suggest make it a koi pond and got yourself another attraction. Waitress was not so enthusiastic....seemed as if she needed a few more cups of coffee. Not crowded only two other tables. All in all food was awesome!

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Our server was fantastic and very attentive. The food, overall was OK - nothing to write home about. The ambience and our exceptional service is why I'm giving this review 2 stars. I like the previous reviewer ordered their "fish bowl" margarita. After one taste I was ready to toss it. It was extremely watered down and the low quality tequila was very evident. Granted, the deal was $16, I would have preferred another drink entirely. The owner asked if we wanted another tequila so we inquired as to what he had. He informed us that switching it out would be not a problem. When the bill came, the price nearly tripled but was labeled as the same. It was not evident that we had been charged for a higher priced tequila or if we were charged for both. Regardless, the owner was not apologetic said I didn't ask how much it cost so he didn't tell me. Furthermore, he insulted me by telling me i should get into the restaurant business so I would know how much this costs..."I don't make up the prices in the computer." Really? It was a very disappointing experience to say the least. The owner (Jimbo) was not at all interested in his customers happiness but rather turning the tables over quickly for the next tourist. As someone who travels frequently and dines out often, I have never been treated so ill by restaurant personnel. If you want a rewarding experience, try La Main à la Pâte in Marina Royal - fantastic food and genuine staff and service!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Been reading and hearing about Jimbo's for years. Finally took the opportunity to eat there. Since Mexican food is a very rare find on this island, it did hit the spot and satisfied my craving for Mexican Food. My husband had ribs and they were just OK. There was a big group of us and the place was somewhat busy so there were two waitresses working their tails off trying to take care of everybody. The margaritas were pretty good. We will go back if I get a hankering for Mexican food again.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

The ambience was very nice and the food was ok. Ordered the fish bowl margarita and the
tequila was really bad. So, I ask for a better tequila and was made another margarita. When
it comes, I could tell it was a better tequila, but as it was 3/4 full of ice as was the first one.
So, my experiences in the past a better tequila is always more expensive. I was never told
how much more it would be and no one(the owner himself) didn't offer a menu with the prices
or what tequilas that had. Whatever I mentioned he said he had. So, the original maragarita
with the bad tequila was $18.00 and the better tequila margarita was $46.00. I was in non way
prepared to pay almost triple the price. The waitress got the owner on the phone (he had already
left for the evening) and he was very rude and said that is the price and have a nice evening and
hung up. Not a place I would return to.

1  Thank Joy C