All reviews garden studio observation deck airport runway close to the airport low season ocean front st maarten an umbrella small pool a king size bed elena caribbean marys molly melvin island kitchenette
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

If you want a big comfy bed...a bar that opens for food and drink early...picture postcard turquoise ocean on your door step and really friendly staff then this is the place for you! I just wished Id stayed longer!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2018

One night was far too short...was upgraded to an ocean front room and fell asleep to the sound of the waves in one of the most comfortable beds I have had the pleasure to sleep in. Room was immaculately clean and staff was all super friendly. Will definitely be staying there again but much longer next time.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Mary's Boon restaurant has new owners! It's a place you don't want to miss. They make one of the Best Rum Punch ever. The employees are awesome, always smiling and polite, it's a perfect match for the Resort, as both are the best on the beach. See you November 3rd for the first of many Rum Punch.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2018

A nice location, but reception doesn't care about the guests' well-being. Firstly, they sold me a double-decker bus tour that was supposed to show me the island. However, it didn't. Due to the hurricane the company had changed the route: just the region of Maho beach and Simpson beach, where this hotel is. So I spent 50$ for nothing and the hotel didn't want to help me to get a refund. They didn't feel responible.
Secondly, they throw you out of the room, even though my flight left in the late afternoon. They offered me a shower outdoors next to the kitchen in case I needed to rinse off the salt water if I decided to stay on the beach. That's really sad if you have a 9-hour-flight ahead of you and considering that the terminal of the airport is still under construction and the hotel is only 10 minutes from the airport.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

So it was my last night on the island but sadly I didn't bring my camera or phone out to take photos but I promised to leave a review and they didn't disappoint me. A few people had mentioned Mary's Boon as a great place to get cocktails but it's quite well tucked away and I never actually found it. There is an amazing French barman who introduced himself as Yoyo and i have to say he made me the best Bloody Mary i have ever tasted. I like mine spicy and he didn't disappoint and with a splendid kick of bith horseradish and garnishes of beautiful fat juicy green olives and some salty streaked bacon it was a meal in itself. He then followed it up with the freshest and most perfectly balanced passion fruit Margerita it was exquisite. We also ordered some bar food and i was really impressed. The seared tuna was perfect and the Thai crabcakes tasted so fresh and like they actually had crab in them rather than just potato lol
This place is great and i love it so if you want somewhere with decent cocktail then head over to Mary's Boon and don't forget your swimming stuff too as they've got bed chairs and a private piece of the beach for you to chill out on or you can take a dip in the mini pool too.

Date of stay: September 2018