1,392 results
All reviews on site time share full kitchen grocery store beach bar main building murphy bed tennis courts living room personal concierge la patrona timeshare presentation sunset cruise water activities st maarten ocean view orient beach
Reviewed September 8, 2018

We loved our room. It had a lovely view and had everything we needed. I love the tile floors for a beach vacation. However, it took a very LONG time to check in. Apparently there was a mix up with our last name and they gave away our room. They initially wanted to put us in a less desirable room (I think the other group made out!) but after a long wait and discussion we ended up happy. The service was great except seemed a bit lacking every time we had to go to the front desk. Everyone else was very nice. We had great bartenders at the pool bar, etc. We would have liked an easier system for pool towels. It was pretty inconvenient and we ended up with wet towels over night a few times. These things are small in the scheme of things. Overall - it is a beautiful place with a lot to offer and we had a lovely stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

We had stayed there before and only this trip did we note just how out of date the furniture and fixtures are. There was no modern equipment. The stereo system was broken. We called and no one came to repair or replace it. There were cockroaches living in the furniture. One dropped out of a chair. Others were crossing the floor. Ants were on the wall. Housekeeping was extremely slow to request through the front desk and very slow to show up. It felt as if I were interrupting the front desk staff in reporting this. Simpson Bay is one of a handful of resorts still operating partially or fully on the island since the hurricane in 2017. I am an architect and understand disaster insurance, construction, and how long both take in the USA under the best circumstances. We were happy to return to Sint Maarten to assist and enjoy one of our favorite islands, but disappointed in the hotel. I wish the island well in its ongoing recovery.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Derrick Lanardo W
Reviewed August 28, 2018

We travel to Simpson Bay resort each April and love it. It' location is perfect, there are plenty of restaurants, the people are friendly and it's very safe. The beach and lagoon are wonderful. We haven not been back since Maria but are going this November. The resort has been wonderful in keeping us informed about repairs.

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank chrishr
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I was there for business few days ago. The front desk team was kind and helpful (BTW everyone on the Island speaks at least 2 or 3 other languages besides English), the rooms were clean and include every amenities you may need. The included breakfast was excellent with a lot of choices and a friendly staff. And of course the views are stunning. I did not have time to jump in the pool or take advantage of some of the activities but I'll be back. All in all that is a lot of bang for your bucks.

Room tip: I think every room has ocean views but I could be wrong
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Philippe G
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

In the year after hurricane Irma, it's wonderful to see a resort that has maintained its lustre. The room was very large and newly decorated. A full kitchen with new stainless appliances as well. The quiet beach just off the balcony and the pool just outside the door. No compromise here, first class.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank varonfrank514