“A very nice place to eat.”
Review of Vesna Taverna

Vesna Taverna
Ranked #5 of 119 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine
Reviewed July 9, 2017

What a wonderful place to eat. the food was hot and prompt and the atmosphere was wonderful. Vesna is a sweet thing! You will experience her passion for her restaurant! Her chef husband is an awesome chef. We enjoyed it so much we came back on Saturday to have her Greek food, too. Good value She gave me her grandmothers cake recipe and I am send her my husband's mother's cake recipe! How fun to trade recipes! Andrea was wonderful waiter.. Good job!

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Great, relaxing restaurant! Owner, Vesna makes sure the evening is perfect for you. André our server was very attentive. Don't skip this little gem.

Reviewed June 30, 2017

My husband and I were visiting St. Maarten for a couple of weeks. Some tourists we met in Grand Case told us about this place so we had to try. It was so delicious that we went 3 times. I had Flank Steak and my husband had the lamb shanks. He said they were so amazing. I absolutely loved my flank steak as well. We met the owners, and they are some of the sweetest people we've met. Since I love Greek food, we had to come back the following evening for Greek Night. I am so mad I didn't take a picture of my huge and delectable plate of food. The 3 bean soup before was so delicious. They even asked if we wanted more. LOL! There was no room because I ate every single bit of it. It was the best!! Before leaving St. Maarten, we decided to go back for the 3rd time. My husband had to have the lamb shanks again. I would definitely recommend you going to this restaurant. We will definitely return!!

Reviewed June 29, 2017

Went here for dinner with a family of four and it was excellent. Vesna was very friendly and oversaw the dining room. We ordered the stuffed grape leaves, hummus, beef short ribs, chicken with mushroom, Mahi Mahi wrapped in banana leaf, and mango cheesecake and everything was excellent. The wine list ranges from $25 to hundreds, so there are many options to choose from. The service was excellent and attentive. The after dinner complementary drink of vanilla and banana rum was outstanding. We would like to go back on Saturday night to try other Greek dishes, which some are only available on that day, to try the grilled octopus and others. This restaurant also make its own bagels each day and we went back the next morning to order the Tower (i.e., bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon) and it was quite good considering the high humidity in the island. This restaurant is located right in Simpson Bay and very easy to get to. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

Found this place while just looking for a drink. Met Sally what a great person. We started with appetizers and drinks. Stayed for lunch and dessert. Came back 2 days in a row. Made new friends. Best Banana Run and Curry Conch.