1,827 results
All reviews sunset cafe creole rock water sports desk croissants ocean view full kitchen bedroom loft rented a car watersports desk continental breakfast lounge chairs paddle boards st martin walk into town fresh flowers snorkel trip watch the sunset
Reviewed July 9, 2018

I almost hate to review Grand Case Beach Club because we enjoy the laid back life style.. My wife and I discovered this quiet peace of heaven many years ago and returned may times to celebrate our anniversary. Now our two children and their partners and our grand children vote each time to go to back to GCBC. WE all look forward to the excellent meals at the Sunset Cafe. The staff have become our friends. GCBC is located Down the Beach from the community fo Grand Case which is lined with great restaurants. Grand Case is known s the culinary capitol of the Caribbean. Make sure to visit the Lolos!

Stayed: August 2017
4  Thank johncramerpa
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Love this place. The food is great, friendly staff and the best beaches ever. Will be back as soon as they are back in business. It is totally paradise! The rooms are not fancy but who cares, we were out all day having fun.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Solynick
Stephen W, General Manager at Grand Case Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Thank you for your kind words...we are looking towards an October(2018) reopening!
We have had such a n outpouring of support from so many, it reaffirms why we are in this business in the first place...wonderful staff, owners and the best guests we could ever hope for! We miss you, and can’t wait to being a joyful , serene and welcoming hotel again!

Reviewed May 28, 2018

Has (had) it all: Great restaurant, beaches, and pool. Rooms. I say "had" because it was pretty ruined, as was most of the Island, from "Irma". Been going to the island for 25+ years, and plan on returning in '19, as it will be up and running..we hope. The love we have for the island compels us to see how it rebounded. The restaurant is great (Sunset Cafe); people terrific. And Grand Case is one of my favorite towns in the world. Great restaurants on the strip.
This is the French Side; less built up than the Dutch. The airport (Princess Julianna) is one of my favorite: organized and modern (Dutch side). Great shops, if your killing time waiting for flight.
We'll see...and keep our fingers crossed.

Room Tip: Face the ocean. Most do.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank aquadoq
A TripAdvisor Member
Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

This place is the most remarkable and memorable trips of my life!!!!
I don’t know how the island is now since the storm but as soon as it’s up and running I’m headed back there....food and staff and people were amazing !!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Hotel staff was amazing and super sweet. Check-in was really easy, and the room view was AMAZING. We stayed in the loft, and we loved the convenience of having the kitchenette in the room. The room was always clean, as well as the hotel grounds. The renovated pool was beautiful, as well as its views. The beach was beautiful, and there were always chairs available.

The only two negative things I have to say about the stay, were about the staff at both the Sunset Cafe and one of the gentleman’s from the water sports booth were not friendly at all. Although, I know the sunset cafe is independently owned, the fact that it was on its’ grounds, reflects on the hotel in some way. It was unfortunate because my husband and I could totally tell the difference in the way they’d treat us, compared to other customers. In regards to one of the gentleman’s at the water sports booth, (not the guy with the longer hair, but the one with the short hair) was extremely rude. One of the days I rented a board for paddle boarding and he didn’t even ask if I needed help. He just handed it over, and that’s it. I got on, and sure enough, I could not stand, which is ok. What made me upset, was that in one of my thousands of attempts to stand up, I fell into the water, and the paddle sunk to where I couldn’t reach it. My husband and I searched for it forever, and when we went back to inform them, the guy got so angry and frustrated, and not once ever bothered to ask if I was ok. Right away he brought up the fact that it was expensive and they were hard to buy. This made me extremely upset.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple