Free cancellation until 03/08
US$204
Hotels.com
Fort Burt Hotel(Road Town)
Free cancellation until 04/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$170
US$99
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

Sebastian's on the Beach(Road Town)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$131
  • Beachfront
US$245
US$238
St. John Inn(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$368
US$209
Travelocity
Frenchmans(West End)
TripAdvisor
Ke Villas(Carrot Bay)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewspool suitenew ownersoutdoor showerplantation houseall inclusive packagejost van dykebeach restaurantsmall beachcocktail partylunch restaurantsuzettechef bernardboutique hotelpicnic lunchfellow guestsday sailisland tour
Reviewed January 9, 2006

Checking into this wonderful, charming hotel, I felt my blood pressure drop 20 points. What a peaceful, relaxing hotel for a quiet tropical getaway!!!

The staff was extraordinarily friendly and sincerely wanted to please my wife and me. They're very well trained and most have been there a number of years. The restaraunt is located in a 300+ year old sugar mill and the chef provides a variety of very good meals at reasonable prices. All hotel rooms, dining room and lobby are tastefully decorated with the watercolors of the owner who has a wonderful eye for Caribbean landscapes. Most hotel rooms seem to have outstanding views of Jost Van Dyke. The pool is adequate and the beach is small but well maintained. Snorkeling is OK, but not great, off the beach.

We would recommend this very highly to couples. Looking forward to our next visit to the Sugar Mill Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2006
3  Thank PatHudson
A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Illinois - USA
Reviewed December 19, 2005

If you're expecting pampering and every amenity, the Sugar Mill is not the place for you. However, if you want stunning architecture, comfortable and clean rooms, a small, boutique feel and a retreat to revitalize yourself, then make the Sugar Mill your home.

Not being a big fan of tropic locations, I had low expectations when my wife and I checked into the Sugar Mill. We arrived in the evening, right as the kitchen was closing (9pm) and they held it open for us, even providing time to unload into our room, etc.

The next few days were great. Like I stated before, it was a retreat. Almost vacant beach, no overcrowding at the small hotel, amazing food.

While still not a fan of hot weather, I give the Sugar Mill my highest compliment in saying that I'd come back again. A true revealation.

• Stayed: December 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 8, 2005

We just returned from our second trip to Tortola and a repeat stay at the Sugar Mill. The 4 night package made a long weekend get-away very "do-able". Tortola and the surrounding bvi is an amazing and absolutely beautiful place. The Sugar Mill can act as your personal day trip and activity planner or leave you to your own peaceful stay. The food, as always, is absolutely amazing and a must! The staff are very friendly and there to help you in any way they can. The addition of internet availability at the main bar makes it easy to stay connected at home, if need be. The location of the Sugar Mill, 20 minutes by car to Road Town, offers a great spot for general island exploration and access to the West End Ferries, Soper's Hole and The Jolly Roger (good food on its own) and "easy" routes to Cane Garden Bay, Brewer's Bay, Smuggler's Cove, Sky World and other amazingly beautiful sites. The Sugar Mill makes a great home-base while taking in everything the bvi has to offer; Jost Van Dyke, Virgin Gorda (the Baths AND Savannah Bay), Anegada, Peter & Norman Island, Soper's Hole, Road Town, and East end with its gorgeous Long Bay, Trellis Bay and The Last Resort. The knowledge of the Sugar Mill staff with the rest of the bvi is also invaluable and has surely made our trips more enjoyable than they would have been otherwise. I have seen some focus on the sizes of the rooms and pool as well as the beach at the Sugar Mill. Frankly, if you plan to go to Tortola and stay in your room and at your hotel pool, save some money and stay at a Holiday Inn Express. Tortola has dozens of beaches to experience and the rooms are clean and comfortable. As for the Sugar Mill's pool, it is perfect; we enjoyed a few late night swims all by ourselves - after enjoying the unbelievable, indescribable, absolutely mouth-watering Key-Lime Pie. We will be back without question. Thanks again Sugar Mill

• Stayed: November 2005
6  Thank RIMMILLER
Reviewed October 29, 2005

My husband I stayed here for 10 days last year. We decided upon the Sugar Mill as it looked small and cute and the reviews were all pretty good. We stayed in a double room that was simply furnished with a view of mainly the busy road and a little of the sea if you craned your neck! The bar and restaurant were Ok but lacked any kind of atmosphere and the food was over-rated. Some of the staff were helpful and the up keep of the hotel in general was OK. The pool area is small and the 'pool bar' was never open. If a beach is important then you need to consider that this really has no beach and the beach side restaurant is very simple and the service is quite slow and has limited hours. I need to point out that this is probably the best hotel on Tortola which is quite underdeveloped therefore lacks any kind of sophistication but it depends what you are after. I wasn't very impressed with The Sugar Mill and woudl not consider visting again.

• Stayed: November 2004