“so much potential, but.....”
Review of The Tamarind Club

The Tamarind Club
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Tortola
Reviewed 3 June 2015

The rooms are VERY basic. No Phone, No TV, no Clock. They advertise WIFI but it is NOT available in the rooms.
Cleanliness of the rooms was disappointing. Cobwebs in the shower, multiple light bulbs burnt out.
Mildew in the window A/C unit. We could not figure out how to lock our room door (which was a sliding glass door)
Ok... now for the positive......Bar/Pool setup was very nice. Staff were very friendly. Dinner was very good.
I so want to rate this place higher, but based on the above I just can't. It is reasonably priced and an OK place to crash coming or going to Tortola for the night, convenient to the airport.

Room Tip: Needy travelers should consider elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank jlouns

Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Tamarind Club, is a wonderful hidden gem, delicious food, fun friendly amazing staff, a short walk to incredible beach called Joshia's Bay where you can get surf lessons. I love unique fun filled laid back atmospher. I've been staying there for years and will continue to start my annual BVI Island hopping trip ther. Enjoy

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2015

We stayed at The Tamarind Club two nights, one night at the beginning of a sailing charter and one night at the end. The accommodations are not the Ritz - more on the rustic side but if you're looking for a 'real' island experience this place is great.

It has a homey, Cheers-like environment where you feel like you are just part of the family. The swimming pool is great and a perfect place to unwind after a week of sailing. The food is wonderful and they have amazing desserts.

Will definitely return to The Tamarind Club!

Room Tip: I like the upper floor rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank MN-BlueLoon
Reviewed 16 May 2015

This is the best hotel/restaurant/bar in the entire world and it is not even close!! I cannot say enough nice things about everything from the food to the location to the rooms and pool, but it is truly the staff who make this place so absolutely special. Kat and the gang are some of the best people I have come across in my travels and they will make you feel right at home and part of the amazing world they have built out here in the bush! I cannot wait to come back for my next visit- thank you all so much for everything!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank DoctorSantan1
Reviewed 23 April 2015

I stayed here for two nights waiting for my friend with the sailboat to arrive at Nanny Cay. The location is perfect -- only a ten-minute ride from the airport. After a long trip from St;. Louis and a lost suitcase, I was greeted by the owners with a drink. I was impressed by the hospitality of all the staff, the high quality of the food, the size of the pool, the beauty of a nearby beach, and the fact that locals came to the Tamarind Club for conviviality. I have been to the BVI for the last 5 years and have visited many resorts while on my friend's boat. The Tamarind Club is affordable and run by real people. If I have to stay on land in Tortola in the future, I will choose the Tamarind Club.

Room Tip: Choose a garden room.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Charlotte H
Reviewed 7 April 2015

Our group of 6 was switched to The Tamarind Club from another nearby hotel due to a double booking. We were so glad for the switch. The Tamarind Club is a family run "hotel" that has a really comfortable feeling throughout the property. The rooms are aging, but they're clean and spacious. It's got a great pool and an even better "family room" near the bar. The bar is awesome and the drink prices are very reasonable! Perhaps the greatest strength of the Club is the brother/sister duo (Clint and Kat). They are super friendly and will go out of their way to make your stay a good one. We ate at their restaurant each night - it's convenient, but more importantly, the food is incredible! The mother/daughter team of cooks makes great meals and provides nice variety on the menu.
When we return to Tortola, we'll make a point of staying here again!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rob080
Reviewed 27 March 2015

We stopped in Tortola for a night before we were leaving on a charter. The Tarmind Clu was a short ride from the airport and perfect place to stay. We were welcomed with drinks and breakfast. It is right down the road from Josiahs Bay which is an awesome beach. The food and drinks were delicious. If we hadn't had to leave on our charter we would've stayed at Tarmind for the whole time. Thank you to Clint and his whole team there!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Emily S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tortola
40 km away
13.3 km away
Frenchmans
Frenchmans
#1 of 2 in West End

Been to The Tamarind Club? Share your experiences!