3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$180
Orbitz.comUS$180
CheapTicketsUS$180
TravelocityUS$180
TripadvisorUS$180
Destinia.com
All reviews within walking distance an ocean view room nice balcony shopping and restaurants convenient location cruise ship comfy bed air conditioning tortola island stopover roadtown microwave fi thomas docks convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed February 26, 2020 via mobile

Maria's exceeded my expectations....I fell in love with the hotel. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The food in the restaurant was also nice and convenient. Its also right in the heart of town. I will be bck for another stay.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MariasBVI, Manager Assistant at Maria's by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2020

Good Day!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again, and hope that you had a wonderful birthday. Have a great day!

Reviewed February 23, 2020

My wife and I stopped here at the suggestion of a local after we finished an excursion on our cruise. It absolutely didn’t disappoint. The location looking out over the bay was breathtaking. The food was incredible and the portions were very generous. All the staff were incredibly pleasant and very attentive. For those on cruises, it is only 2-3 blocks from the cruise port shops.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank Alicia R
MariasBVI, Manager Assistant at Maria's by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2020

Good Day!

We are so happy to hear that you decided to stop by for lunch while visiting our beautiful island! Thank you for coming, and we are glad that you had a wonderful time with us. We hope that you will be back to visit soon! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed January 29, 2020

We stayed here for the first part of out holiday in the BVIs its right in the centre of Road Town and easy access to everything around, , great pool, lovely and reasonably priced food in their restaurant but so many others just on their door step , rooms were big and AC super cold

Date of stay: January 2020
MariasBVI, Manager Assistant at Maria's by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2020

Good Day!

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with and wish to thank you for leaving a review. We hope that you will will choose to stay with us again the next time you visit the BVI. Thank you!

Reviewed January 24, 2020 via mobile

This hotel is in an ideal location! Very close to the sea, a couple of restaurants, a small shopping area (that's great for souvenirs!) And persons that come off the cruise ships pass right by the hotel.
Great location for business meetings and seminars.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
MariasBVI, Manager Assistant at Maria's by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2020

Good Day!

Thank you very much for your review, and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We greatly hope that you visit us again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

I was stranded in Puerto Rico after major earthquakes and made it off the island to Tortola. A sweet woman recommended this hotel and helped me book it since they weren’t on some of the search sites I use to book.
I was exhausted after delays and canceled flights at the airport and switched from St. Thomas to Tortola to get out of the disaster area.
I was warmly greeted and getting sick from a cruise ship trip and being worn down from the events.
I booked a room at $124.00 a night and a resort fee and the room was clean and comfortable. I didn’t have an ocean view room but that was ok, I needed rest and to find a flight home.
I went down to the bar for a drink and I met the wonderful “Sonny” what a gem. His mother owned the place and now he’s there keeping watch over the place.
He chatted with me and made me feel happy and welcome and then asked if I’d eaten. Thank goodness he asked as I hadn’t eaten since breakfast. I was so tired and run down. They offered food at the bar which was perfect. They had homemade chicken soup available. How much was this sick chick? I also ordered a spinach salad. Each leaf was placed perfectly on the plate in a beautiful design. What a healthy treat.
I felt so so cozy and comfortable there that I booked another night.
They book through emails and phone calls so send them an email and they respond quickly or give them a call.
There wasn’t a lot of people staying there and I hope that they get a good system soon so that they can stay full and people can find this little gem.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank TravelingQueenv
MariasBVI, Manager Assistant at Maria's by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Good Day!

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear that we were able to make your journey back home a bit more comfortable.

To echo your comments, for reservations we can be contacted using the following methods:

1. Via email at info@mariasbythesea.com

2 .Via phone at 1 (284) 494-2595 or 1 (284) 852-6600

3. On our website mariasbythesea.com

4. Via Expedia

We sincerely hope that you decide to stay with us again and explore more of Tortola and the British Virgin Islands! Thank you!