Review Highlights

Fantastic day trip to Jody Van Dyke

Reviewed March 6, 2017
sandyson4232
via mobile

All reviews norman island caves pirates lunch bvi turtles
Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a daysail to Norman Island. After a leisurely sail, we arrived at the caves to snorkel. The fish were plentiful and very colorful, we even saw turtles. Being able to swim into the caves where pirates hid their treasure was a really cool experience. We had lunch at Willy T's which was an experience in itself.
Captain Ryan was awesome and very attentive and saw to our every need. I highly recommend Mystique and would certainly book with them again to explore another island next time I'm in the BVI.

Reviewed March 23, 2017

Matt, Kenetha, and Marie were the kindest, most hospitable, and fun crew we could have ever hoped for! Our full day JVD trip ended up being just our family of four because the others had canceled for that day...LUCKY, we know. Matt was so eager and happy to make the day unique to us. The snorkeling was INCREDIBLE, we even got to see a Sea Turtle! Matt took us on a hike to see the bubbly pools on Jost Van Dyke, afterward he gave us options and let us choose how we wanted to spend the day. We hot a mini island for a few, opting out of White Bay, and after he let us sail around for an hour or so through the islands while we got to relax and really enjoy the beauty of the water! Kenetha was SO GOOD with the kids, she taught them games and helped them through the ship. She made sure we had drinks in our hand and was SO friendly and made us feel among friends. Marie was a pleasure to talk to, she has an amazing story and was always smiling! This was our second time smiling with Mystique and the last time was great too, which is why we chose them again. But this trip was definitely unforgettable, largely in part to the crew!

Reviewed March 6, 2017 via mobile

My three sisters and I were here at the end of January for our annual trip and decided to take a day trip over to Jost Van Dyke. We contacted Mystique and were helped by Desiree who was very knowledgeable and was able to answer all the questions we had. It ended up being a small group with only one other group of four which was wonderful, it was almost like having a private tour! The boat was spacious and open, very well kept. The crew were professional and engaging. Capt Blade and hostess Claire showed us a great time! Snorkeling at diamond key followed by lunch and beach time at white bay. It was the perfect balance of quiet relaxation and getting in on a piece of the action. Drinks were included in the trip, of which our favorite was the rum punch ;) We will definitely be back next year!

1  Thank sandyson4232
Reviewed February 17, 2017

We were a party of 5, and did a day sail to Jost van Dyke with another party of 4. A beautiful day, even if the water was choppy enough that snorkeling wasn't possible. The crew was helpful enough, but lacked the level of hospitality that we've experienced on other day sails. Not aware of current beach conditions at Salty Spit, where the previously sandy entrance to the beach had eroded to coral rock, so when we werewere advised that we wouldn't need surf shoes to go in, it was painfully wrong, and the captain was surprised when we came back with bruises and scrapes. No offer of neosporin to treat injuries. In the grand scheme of things, we had an overall good day, but we weren't all that impressed with either the boat or the crew.

2  Thank emmajane7
Reviewed January 26, 2017

It takes 8 minimum to take the boat out for the day on a snorkel tour. There were 4 in our party and we waited for a email to confirm for the following morning. They said they had 4 more who were waiting for another party to join them to make up the 8 minimum. The response was not timely. Matt was our captain and Andrew was the first mate. They were the best. They could have just drove the catamaran as most do but they put up the sails and we skipped quietly through the sea. We snorkeled 2 of the normal spots( the Indian's and Norman Island caves) and stopped at a free floating boat for lunch.( Willy T's) We each bought our lunch and drinks and since we were a small group and experienced snorkelers we found a third spot with fans 5' tall.

1  Thank ricko497
Reviewed May 13, 2016

I have sailed on the Mystique for 10 years. I have seen a number of changes in staff. It is always a wonderful day filled with fun and beauty. I have been out over 40 times since I have a villa on the Island. I highly recommend it.it us always a pleasure. My only recommendation is to keep it intimate not too crowed as that totally changes the peaceful feel.

Reviewed April 20, 2016

I've been to many fun places, but this took the prize. The entire day, from booking, to staff and facilities were amazing. Everyone was super helpful and made sure you had a great time. We did this excursion coming from a cruise and I didn't think I wanted to get off a boat to get on another, but I am SO glad we did. My kids said this was their favorite part of the entire week. The beaches are the most beautiful you've ever seen and JVD is not to be missed. Hanging at The Soggy Dollar while the kids played in the water was fun for everyone!

Reviewed March 28, 2016

We were very impressed by how professional the staff and crew were. In addition, the boat was beautiful and well maintained. As a seasoned offshore crew person, I know what to look for and they were great!! I look forward to booking them again next year.

1  Thank Watermanlifestyle
Reviewed February 20, 2016

Our trip started off okay - nice crew and nice guests. The Indians were busy so we snorkeled off Pelican Island instead, which was nice, but we were only there for about 30 minutes. Captain Kevin asked the group what we wanted to do next and the majority voted for more snorkeling. We motored to 2 different spots(caves and katies?) but the captain didn't want to anchor or moor at either of them so we went to Norman Island and tied up at the dock at the Bight. Most people went to have lunch but we decided to snorkel instead. We were tied up at the dock for about three hours. Good thing we decided to snorkel instead of grabbing lunch because that was the end of the snorkeling. On the way back we talked to some folks who said they had been on other snorkeling tours with Mystique and they stopped at four different snorkeling spots. Overall, the captain was more concerned that we know how to flush the toilets than he was about getting us to snorkeling spots. Hey Kevin - FLUSH, FLUSH, FLUSH - EMPTY, EMPTY, EMPTY.

5  Thank SeaKayakers
Reviewed January 23, 2016

We had such a fun day on this trip. Matt and Melissa were great hosts and actually made an extra stop at the Willy T so we could have a drink there and jump off the 2nd story. The snorkeling was really nice, we had a great group of people on board and the best thing of all is it was not crowded!!! I'll do this trip again and any other day said they have when I got back.l

2  Thank Shannon M