All reviews apple bay few minutes drive bay beach four wheel drive steep terrain jost van dyke west end ferry smugglers cove rebecca oleander turtles driveway murmur beaches bedroom vacation tortola
Reviewed May 22, 2004

Where to start, hmmm. What a wonderful week at the Turtle Dove Lodge. I wish I could have moved in because Carol made us feel that at home and comfortable. She served as expert tour guide, local expert, made sure we didn't miss a beat during our stay and every recommendation she had worked out and every request we had of her, she made it happen. Not only was Carol a great hostess to us but the Turtle Dove is a great property. The "hill" that it sits on is a bit daunting but well worth the views of the sunset from the Oleander cottage. Situated in an out-of-the-way spot the Turtle Dove is a great place for a relaxing, tropical, restful vacation. Check it out!!!

• Stayed: April 2004
3  Thank offtoanywhere
Reviewed April 17, 2004

We had made a last minute booking for a 6 day cruise on a Windjammer sailing ship. We knew it would be a very active pace on the ship and wanted to end our vacation with several days peacefully enjoying the British Virgin Islands. Turtle Dove Lodge was just what we were looking for. A very private and comfortable cottage with a colorful Caribbean decor. The steep hike up the hill to the cottage was welcome daily exercise and rewards you with an unbelievable view. Several good restaurants are within walking distance. A couple of them had live entertainment. A nice variety of beaches in the area. Carol is the perfect hostess with a most unique background.

1  Thank Quest19896
Reviewed April 17, 2004

My husband and I stayed at Turtle Dove (Flamboyant) in February. The view is incredible; Carol is a joy, very helpful and a great person; the cottage is adorable and has everything you will need; and, a place we will definitely go back to. We rented a car because of its location up on the hill. (We had always taken a taxi when staying at Long Bay for the past four years.) On our last morning as we were sitting on the porch writing our reviews/thoughts/memories in the guest book, a rain shower started moving in. We headed in to the cottage to finish up, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a rainbow with both ends in the water. I turned to my husband and said "This is truly paradise. That's Tortola saying goodbye and please come again." We will, and you will find us at Flamboyant!!!

• Stayed: May 2005
2  Thank NorthStar29978
Reviewed April 8, 2004

I stayed in the Oleander Cottage at Turtle Dove Lodge the last week of March 2004. It was Heaven! The cottage is adorable with a mind boggling view. The walk down the hill to Long Bay and to Apple Bay was very steep but well worth it. I was a little intimidated by the roads, so I chose not to rent a car. I had no problem walking to four different restaurants in the area. All of them were good! Carol, the owner, was a great help with assisting me to get around the island. One night we went to dinner at one of her favorite restaurants named the Roadhouse.
The food was excellent and the cats were a amusing addition to a great evening. I would recommend the Turtle Dove Lodge Cottages to anyone who is looking for a lovely accomodation with minimal frills and a spectacular view that I won't forget for a long time!

1  Thank Voyage33777
Reviewed March 2, 2004

we stayed at the "turtle dove lodge" in apple bay. i can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it was. the view was spectacular. our deck looked to jost van dyke. there are three cottages we stayed in the "oleander" it was spotless and beautiful and private. our host carol had wine waiting for us. the switch-backs driving up the mountain was scary at first because you really feel as though your riding a rollercoaster to the top , there sooo steep but it's fun. every beach on tortola is beautiful..i know because we went to every one. just about all the restaurants we went to were very good, except the "bananakeet" we walked out. the pub, quito's, sabastions, the captains table, all good...i wouldn't go to pussers only because you get the same food at home and its a bit pricey. if you can be there for the full moon party at bomba's i can guarentee you have never seen any thing like it..its worth going to the bomba shack just to see it.

• Stayed: February 2004