“Beautiful Cottage & Amazing Host”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West End
Turtle Dove Cottages
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Rebecca was an amazing host. She was very responsive to emails prior to our arrival and even picked us up from the West End ferry docks.

We stayed at Oleander cottage and loved it. The place is very well maintained and has amazing views! The cottage is fully stocked with pots, pans, cooking utensils etc. so we were able to cook some of our meals. Dining out in the Virgin Islands can get pricey so this was a definite bonus.

Our favorite part was the proximity to the beach which was strangely deserted during our stay. It was something out of a movie. See attached photo. Need I say more?

Room Tip: Best views
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karolina0430

Reviewed 19 April 2017

I find myself compelled to write an updated review of what can only be termed glorious experiences having now stayed three times (several weeks each) In Guavaberry, one of Rebecca Paul’s Turtle Dove Cottages, that are not only impeccably maintained but with our rental also outfitted with more and improved facilities – an air conditioned bedroom (though not used by us in March), a new full-size cook stove and a washer and dryer. Rebecca’s hospitality literally cannot be topped except possibly by the spectacular well-cared-for setting and gardens and magnificent views, including that of the Jost Van Dyke islands.. The steady murmur of the waves below is as soothing as it provides the background for an ideal tropical island setting.

Being located in West End, Tortola, is another very important plus; for it is within a few minutes' drive to beaches (including one of the best in the region for surfing at Apple Bay), snorkeling and swimming at nearby Smugglers Cove, several restaurants rated at the top of Trip Advisors’ list for BVI as well as the Harbor Market for groceries in nearby Soper’s Hole. It’s important to rent a car with four-wheel drive (or use taxis) to be able to negotiate the steep terrain typical of Tortola.

Overall a great vacation spot.

We have already booked our fourth stay for March 2018. Rebecca’s cottages fill up fast so it’s important to make reservations as early as possible.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2017

The house is very well kept. Rebecca works overtime to keep it that way. The kitchen is well equipped with modern appliances including dishwasher. Log Bay beach is a ten minute walk and is not over run with cruise ship travellers. The bedrooms were roomy and nicely furnished. The sea breeze was wonderful. We did not turn on the air conditioner for the entire week. Cookie visited regularly and came to the beach with us.
Rebecca was a great hostess.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2017

The house, once you get past the "exciting" driveway, was gorgeous with amazing views of both Long bay and Apple bay. Screen doors and screens on windows, coupled with ceiling fans provided a lovely breeze so there was no need to use the air conditioning. Kitchen was beautiful and we ate breakfast on the deck every morning. The usual water and electricity conservation rules apply, of course. And we had the pleasure of many visits from Cookie and her friends! Location is perfect - right near the best beaches and restaurants.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2017

We stayed for 10 nights in Jan 2017. The villa was lovely, clean and had all amenities including a dishwasher and washing machine - although we didn't use either as we tried to conserve water. We BBQd on the terrace and watched the sun go down whilst sat in the hot tub drinking rum punches.
The master bedroom (with aircon) had a four poster bed with the most stunning views over the bay. The other 2 bedrooms had fans,
Becky was the perfect hostess - always helpful but never intruding and we loved the fact that 'left overs' were there so we didn't have to buy everything (we've had to do this on numerous other holidays - salt, pepper, tea, coffee, loo roll etc).
The drive is not for the faint hearted but created great excitement and if you need to burn off a few calories walking to the beach / restaurants is guaranteed to do that!
We loved that the water was so clear we could see turtles and rays in the sea from the balcony even though we were up the mountain.
We also loved having Cookie for company - the sweetest of dogs.
Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2016

My partner and I had a wonderful time staying at Guavaberry Cottage, part of the Turtle Dove Cottages. It is perfect for two people. The kitchen was well equipped for meals and we also used the grill provided, which was nice. Rebecca was very good with responding to emails and questions ahead of our arrival and during our stay. And as everyone else has written, Cookie, our "loaner" dog for the week was a joy to see every day. Having coffee and cocktails on the deck with the amazing view was certainly the highlight for me each morning and evening staying there. We chose Tortola because it had a lot of ferries going to other islands, which we did for day trips. If you have the chance, take a ferry to Anagada for the day and rent a scooter to drive around the island. It's flat and fun to ride around and the beaches are beautiful. On Tortola, we enjoyed Smuggler's Cove as it was small and quiet. My partner brushed up against a sea urchin (luckily he was ok!) so be careful where you are swimming! Also, bring bug spray as there are mosquitoes, some of which carry various viruses, so be diligent with spraying yourself. If we ever get back to Tortola, we will surely come back to Guavaberry Cottage. Thanks, Rebecca!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2016

100% stay here. I like to browse AirBnB for places to go, and then build vacations around the incredible places I find. I did so here, on a whim, and all I can say is: for a trip like mine (solo or small group, leisure, utilizing it as as a basecamp for exploring), you should absolutely book this place. Don't even explore anywhere else in the West End. I stayed here for a week during low season, solo, and it exceeded my already high expectations. My goals for the trip were peacefulness, indulgence, relaxation, quiet, and fun. This place enabled all of those requirements. It's out of the way enough to be quiet and calm, but close enough that you can clearly hear the ocean crashing against the shore at night. It felt very private, and I barely ever saw, let alone heard other guests of the other cottages on the property. It's an excellent base from which to explore the West End, or really the entire island. Though, I cabined myself primarily to the West End. It's exactly as stated, but I promise you, you will not be prepared for how majestic the view actually is off of the porch. If the pictures are a regular movie theater, the actual view is IMAX. Encompassing, vivid, and beautiful. I wanted for nothing within reason, and had no issues directly attributable to a fault of Rebecca or the property. The entire house was comfortable and well-provisioned. There was even a leftover six pack of Carib from a prior guest in the fridge when I needed a bottle of beer in an alcohol-emergency pinch. I'm not sure when, but I am absolutely coming back here again. I could not have asked for a better value for my trip down to Tortola.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank BRAatDC

Been to Turtle Dove Cottages? Share your experiences!