All reviews ael y bryn groupon deal steak new owners salmon evening meal both nights bridal suite sea view fantastic views first floor weekend break ate here friendly hotel nachos very pleasant stay feel very welcome
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

This was a Groupon Deal which I would recommend. You got 1 course for the evening meal not a lot of choice. We both went with the fish & chips peas which were not mushy peas but tinned garden peas not so good. We both had meals off the menu the following night. Steak was perfect. Husband had lamb which was very good as well. Good breakfast in the mornings. Room was nice but no biscuits with the tea and coffee. Overall a nice stay a nice slate mine worth a visit just up the road.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2018

Stayed mid-April using Groupon deal. We were in room 2 not the largest of rooms - beautiful views, comfortable bed and pillows. There was a need for black out blinds or lined curtains as the room was light from about 6am onwards. Room exceptionally quiet, no road noise. Tea/coffee making facilities, flat screen tv hairdryer and good WiFi connection. Arm chairs were comfortable which made the view just that little bit better!! Bathroom clean but lacked a few, in our opinion essential pieces of equipment, non slip mat in shower and a shelf to put toiletries on or vanity unit and glasses to use after cleaning teeth. There was a corner shelf which held hand liquid soap. All food served breakfast dining room and restaurant was good and staff were obliging and helpful. All in all a good stay and worth a visit.

Room Tip: Room 2 on 1st floor had beautiful views but not the largest of rooms but comfortable
Reviewed April 20, 2018

Stayed here for two nights the first of which using a Groupon offer. Occupied room 3 which is on the first floor looking forward towards the sea. Comfortable en suite room with fantastic views.

Eat in the bar/restaurant. The Welsh lamb was excellent. Breakfast was good with good quality products although bread could be better (a minor niggle).

Location is a pleasant although quiet village but close to Port Merriin,Port Madoch close by.

Overall a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2018

We were here on a Groupon ticket. The room was very nice, at the top of the house and nicely decorated, clean and functional. The food here is good, there is not a wide choice but what there is, is cooked with care from first-class ingredients. There is a good choice of beer from fizz lagers to real ale. The staff were all great, all taking time for a chat. The place is well used by locals for food beer and meeting, it has a good local feel to it. If you're lucky Dylan the Labradoodle will be there. I have attached a photo of him, not a demon dog, that flash caught his eyes, I did think to edit it out but why bother?
It is quite near the coast and Snowdonia itself, a great place to use a s a base to tour the region. We'll be back for a longer stay next time.

Room Tip: The higher the room number the more stairs you have!!
Reviewed April 17, 2018

To begin with the best part of our stay - our evening meal. My partner is a bit of a fusspot and expert when it comes to steaks, having enjoyed some of the best when he lived in South Africa. Having read some of the reviews on Tripadvisor I was more than a little bit nervous when he said he wanted a steak and was rather tempted to discourage him from his choice but as steak is his favourite meal by choice and he had just worked a long four night shift eating home made food he could re heat at work I decided best just let him choose what he wanted. Wow wow wow I was so happy when he began eating his thick and juicy steak and his obvious enjoyment of one of the best steaks he has eaten in a restaurant in recent years and at least on a par or better than the last gorgeous steak he ate during our last review of his steak experience. His report - faultless and totally melt in your mouth, perfectly seasoned and delicious. I loved my main course of Whitby scampi so so delicious and everything was nice and hot so I was able to enjoy my chips and scampi without either getting cold.

I have to mention the starter - we rarely have a starter but decided we were hungry enough to have a shared nachos topped with chilli beef. I'm not a very big meat eater so when it arrived I was glad that Hugh devoured the gorgeous beef chilli and deemed it to be perfect. He is not that fond of anything nacho or crisp like so I managed to munch my way through layers of delicious nachos and cheese and bits of beef topping. Not a starter we would usually choose but boy was it good.

Breakfast - fantastic freshly cooked with delicious bacon and sausage, perfect egg and actually yummy baked beans I meant to ask them where they got them as usually I'm not a big fan of most baked beans. The mushrooms were sublime. We skipped the hash browns because we just don't like any hash brows and never have them anywhere. The orange juice was nice, the toast and coffee a bit bland for our tastes. But acceptable.

Our room - the bed and pillows were sublimely comfortable and everything was very clean and fresh with a lovely sea view. There were no "complimentary" toiletries apart from a bottle of blue stuff. I was rather glad to see this because I have to hold up my hand in shame to only fairly recently taking little bottles of plastic home with me from hotels with bits of shampoo etc in them. I decided to leave them behind some three years ago. I hope that all hotels have an "opt in" if guests require complimentary toiletries in the future and that they are available free for anybody who needs them in all hotels, worldwide. Let's all do our bit to reduce plastic waste inflicted on our beautiful planet.

The staff are really lovely, especially the waitress who served our meal. Well done!