“Service, quality, absolutely perfect”
Review of The Brasserie

The Brasserie
Ranked #4 of 126 Restaurants in George Town
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: Caribbean, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2017

My wife and I stopped by for lunch while in port for the day cruising. Amazing food (try the grilled cheese...this is NOT a slice of American on a couple of pieces of loaf bread)
Ceviche was fantastic, and the smoked cauliflower soup put this restaurant on our repeat visit list. For great service ask for Robert...knows his stuff and shows it!

Reviewed December 18, 2017 via mobile

Not on the ocean but the restaurant is fantastic and so are the crafted drinks and food is amazing. Get the grilled cheese sandwich, life changer!

Reviewed December 9, 2017

We lunched at Brasserie twice - the first time by accident and the second time because all 6 of us wanted to come back. It is a wonderful farm to table venue - the homemade breads - well we went through 4 baskets each time. The menu changes regularly so everything is very fresh. Our server was so delighted by our appetites and our enthusiasm for the food. The veggie stew with bread fruit was a new one for us. The salads are lovely and my husband devoured the curry goat sandwich. For dessert, one must have the ice creams. They are home made and unbelievable.

1  Thank Rochelle F
Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

Can’t go wrong with this restaurant. Farm to table and everything is excellent in a great atmosphere. We went for lunch and had the pumpkin salad, grilled cheese and the grouper over pumpkin purée. I recommend them all. Fine dining with great service and great food.

Reviewed December 7, 2017

The Brasserie was incredibly good. As fine diners, my husband and I travel the world around Michelin quality food, and came to Grand Cayman for Blue by Eric Ripert - which of course did not disappoint. But we were there for 4 nights, so we needed other places that would fit our high-end taste and refined palette, and The Brasserie fit like a custom-made glove. Usually we do a Chef's tasting menu, but in a place we haven't heard too much about we shy away in fear that the portions would be prohibitively large (some places feel they cannot deliver dishes that are too small, therefore over delivering in the portions and ruining the tasting menu experience). They did offer a 5 course Chef's tasting but with so many tapas options that we could share and create our own tasting menu, we decided to go with that option instead. We ordered the Red Snapper Ceviche, Yellowfin Tuna Tartare, Smoked Fish Dip, Cayman Conch Salad, Poached Chatteau Chooks Egg, and the Brasserie Grilled Cheese. Wow - they were all amazing.

My mouth is watering just writing this, as my mind goes back over a week ago to remember the impeccable taste of every single dish. And it wasn't just those courses we ordered to share that were amazing. The service was fantastic, the cocktails were better than most mixologists in Brooklyn, NY, and the bread with hummus...wow. I have been to Israel and Turkey and The UEA and even there I never had such amazing hummus before. I asked for seconds. And would have had thirds. The desserts were also great, and in the end they brought us two desserts - the one we ordered and one on the house with a Happy Anniversary on it. It was so thoughtful and absolutely delicious. I also happened to notice that they serve vegan and vegetarian dishes, and can make such accommodations if you ask. We made our reservation in advance and asked for a corner booth or table, and they sat us n a lovely booth. I really appreciate them honoring that request, as I cannot enjoy food if I am at a table in the center of a restaurant.

I must say, the location was hard to get to, hard to find, and not very memorable. It was near office buildings near the center of town. But you don't need a view when you have this AMAZING place to eat and drink. One of the top 2 restaurants on the island. I HIGHLY recommend it.

2  Thank Camila M