“Great day with Mark and Perry” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Absolute Divers - CLOSED

Absolute Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Owner operated with more than 20 years experience we are committed to providing you with a safe ,professional and most of all fun dive or snorkel charter. Perfect for small groups, families, beginners needing extra care or the experienced diver seeking more challenging dive sites. No pumped up sales pitch full of self praise and disingenuous promises, we offer a safe, pleasant dive or snorkel trip and have fun doing it.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Neptune Beach, Florida
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great day with Mark and Perry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was our second trip with Mark and we got the happy new addition of Perry as well. Comfortable boat and very accommodating. Sad to find that the cruise ships have found the point in Cayman Kai and that apparently people have been taking the starfish home with them. Other than that, Cayman was as beautiful as always and we had an awesome time! Thanks Mark! All our best to Perry.

1 Thank Momofmandm

Ottawa, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Another great time had by all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I just got home from a dive trip to Cayman. I tend to go back to the people who give me exactly what I request without any hassle. I have been on a few charters with Capt Mark and they have all been very successful for myself and my group. It is just too easy to accomplish great dive results every time.

1 Thank Manybeavers
Glenville, CT
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Explaining Absolute Divers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012 via mobile

I have made six dives with Mark over the course of two trips to Cayman. My four kids, aged 12-19 are certified, and dove the Wall, Kittiwake, Stingray City, etc. Obviously, I would dive with Mark again, and trust him with my kids, because I have. Reading the reviews, know that Mark is not for everybody...this is neither a highly programmed mega operation, nor is it a floating scuba party. Know what to expect: a safe, professional custom operator. Don't expect to hop on board and have him make all the decisions: you need to have an idea where you want to go, what equipment/air you need, and whether you want a guide down or not. But likewise, don't expect valet service or fancy snacks (and I want my kids managing their own equipment anyway!). Mark will bend over backwards to get you what you want, and if he can't, or the weather, booking, or timing is wrong, he will personally set you up with someone else. He did that for us when he could not accommodate the Kittiwake. If you have a group of 4-8 that knows what they want and don't expect a ton of frills, go with Absolute.

3 Thank Dan M
New Albany, Mississippi, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We had a Blast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

My family and I went to Grand Cayman for Spring Break and to get our check off dives for Certification. Had 3 half days booked with Mark. It was me, my wife, my 14 year old daughter and my 10 year old son. All of us were first time divers. Mark was very patient with all of us and the dives could not have gone better. We always felt safe and secure. We enjoyed it so much that he had a cancellation later in the week and we booked for a fourth day. I highly recommend Mark.

1 Thank Joe D
Stirling, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Dive Experience Ever - Absolutely!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I became a certified diver in 1979 and have had several diving experiences throughout the Caribbean.....truly my experience at Cayman Island with Absolute Divers has been the best to date. There is so much to see and do and Mark made sure that we experienced it all! I was a little concerned to be honest as just prior to our trip I read two reviews posted from Oklahoma which were scathing!!!!! I actually asked Mark about it midway through our experience and he was totally professional and refused to comment on specifics. All he said was that he tries his best to accommodate folks and their unique needs. His boat and equipment are top notch and he knows the waters well. We had in our group both divers and snorkelers at different skill levels, some divers with over 650 dives and others with 100 dives and then some new snorkelers. Mark was able to adapt instructions and support to accommodate all. We snorkeled together at Sting Ray City and another site for conch diving and when we were at one scuba diving site he positioned the boat so that the snorkelers could actually track our dive at 50' while snorkeling. Instructions were clear, the dive plan was well executed and communicated and at all times I felt safe and comfortable. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we actually altered our vacation plans so that we could include a second day of chartered diving with Absolute Divers during our 2 week vacation. Mark greeted us like old friends and on the second dive day we did a 2 tank dive which was incredible. The dive sites are beautiful and we saw moray eel, lobster, parrot fish, barracuda, eagle rays and schools of endless fish. It was like swimming in an aquarium! We can’t stop talking about what a great time we had in the Caymans and would recommend Absolute Divers to anyone interested in a great experience.

Visited February 2012