“Worthy of 2 stars”

Price range: US$150 - US$300
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Indisputably, Grand Cayman's premier restaurant. Blue by Eric Ripert is where both guests and Caymanians come to be beguiled by true epicurean artistry Seafood menus inspired by the bounty of Cayman's fishermen Featuring locally-caught and responsibly-fished seafood Select from a three course prix fixe menu, four course set menu, or a seven course Eric Ripert Tasting Menu Wine cellar featuring more than 800 selections Awards: AAA Five Diamond Award 2006-2015 Wine Spectator - Best of Award of Excellence 2008-Present
Reviewed March 19, 2018

Have hit here more than once, and the overall experience is amazing. Worth of the AAA 5-Diamond (the only one on Cayman)...and should get 2 stars. This time we went with the 7 course tasting menu

amuse bouche - raw hamachi with ponzu, avocado soup, and an oyster, so clean and fresh....you want to rush the order!

Tuna foie gras - a staple of the menu. soft and creamy, with a crouton on the bottom for crunch

Snapper - a nice firm ceviche, the avocado cooled the citrus

Scallop - a favorite ( we did the 4 course a few days later and both chose this again), buttery, lemony, and a perfect scallop

Cod - Crunchy top, a bit firm rice but matched well

Ocotpus - the chorizo and the firmness of the ocotpus made it taste like sasuage, great sauce but perhaps my least favorite

dover sole - another triumph (wife ordered it again), the brown butter was great, and the gold leaf rice was so decadent

pre-dessert - salted caramel mousse in an egg shell...light but divine

dessert - hazelnut 'rocher', like the candy store staple plus, more gold !

Service was amazing. Very busy that night, and bc our table was 10 mins late, we got our drinks for free, not bad to get a $25 glass of bubbly on them. Vijay and Kieran were great!

1  Thank Damian C

Reviewed March 17, 2018

This was the highlight of my trip to Cayman island--March 6-11,2018.
Simply the best restaurant ever. Our server Bijay KC was simply the best. He would keenly observe and anticipate what we wanted without asking. We had multi course paired with wine Champagne and Cocktails. Once we trust the waiter we like to folllow server's suggestion. He did not disappoint us. We are still not fully comfortable with raw fish and he personaly asked the chef to modify a bit. The food were mouthwatering delicious. Bread selection itself was fantastic-there were four different types and all super delicious. Cocktails were exotic and not so sweet which we liked. I wish we had dinner like that often but I guess we have to come down to reality.

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had the opportunity to dine at Blue during a recent stay at the Ritz Carlton in Grand Cayman. This restaurant is not to be missed.From start to finish an absolutely amazing experience. The staff was friendly and engaging. The sommelier was knowledgeable and they had an absolutely incredible wine list. There were options regarding tasting menus. We went with the “blue” menu which was centered around locally sourced fish. It was one of the finest tasting menus that I’ve ever experienced. We did it with the wine pairings which were all carefully and beautifully matched. The flavors were delicate and the fish was perfectly prepared often served with absolutely delicious French style sauces to add an extra layer of richness. We also went with the additional $50 truffle shavings which was well worth it. I have been to LeBernardin and found this restaurant to be much more relaxed and less “business like“. The decor was beautiful. The pre-dinner craft cocktail was absolutely amazing. Again highly recommend this restaurant which is a true jewel in Grand Cayman.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

Which not Le Bernardin it is very good considering you are in the Caymans. It is slightly cheaper than NYC with a lot of the same dishes. I started with the Tuna over foie gras toast which was nice but better in NY. Than I had the seafood pasta which was also good but much better in NY. I really couldn't taste any truffle. My cod was delicious as was the desert. Not cheap but very good food considering you are in the caribbean.

1  Thank Steven S
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Went this week and chose to have the six course tasting menu. Had a great bottle of wine one of a few a little under $100. All course went expertly prepared as well as the individual sauces. I chose to stick with each course even though two were raw. We must have had at least four different people wait on us and all were attentive. Assume you will spend $ 400-600 for two and if you are not prepared to spend that you may want to make another choice .