“Great food but be careful when it comes to the wine pairing”

Blue By Eric Ripert
Ranked #3 of 127 Restaurants in George Town
Price range: US$150 - US$300
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Indisputably, Grand Cayman's premier restaurant. Blue by Eric Ripert is where both guests and Caymanians come to be beguiled by true epicurean artistry Seafood menus inspired by the bounty of Cayman's fishermen Featuring locally-caught and responsibly-fished seafood Select from a three course prix fixe menu, four course set menu, or a seven course Eric Ripert Tasting Menu Wine cellar featuring more than 800 selections Awards: AAA Five Diamond Award 2006-2015 Wine Spectator - Best of Award of Excellence 2008-Present
Reviewed August 28, 2018

We recently dined at Blue and had the Eric Ripert 7 course tasting menu and opted to also have the wine pairing. Overall the food was very good, the wine however for USD150 per person could have been more impressive (particularly when one of the wines offered retails for 8 euro a bottle!!!! I mean this is a tad cheeky). The tasting highlights were the tuna foie gras and the dover sole. The lobster was average.

My tip would be to ask to see the list of wines offered in the wine pairing before opting for this as like us you might be sorely disappointed with the quality of wines.

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

We cannot day enough wonderful things about Blue. The food is second to none, the service is above reproach, and the ambience is unmatched. We took our two teenage sons and it was a great introduction to super dine dining for them. It is pricey, but we knew that going in and were not disappointed with our experience!

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

This really is Foodie Paradise. Everything you’ve read and heard about Eric Ripert’s Blue is 100% true. This restaurant is magical.

Fred and Roxanna were our servers and they really helped make our dining experience special and memorable.

Every little thing the whole meal was well planned and crafted. Service is impeccable. This was our 30th anniversary celebration and what a great evening it was. I think of all the meh restaurants I’ve been to in my life. This experience was so well worth it. It takes dining to a whole different level.

So we visited Blue in April and I’m only getting around to my review now. Sorry about that ! It does not change my 5 star review.

We had the tasting menu and each tasting was special in its own way. It’s incredible all the time and preparation that goes into each course.

Now I want to go back again!! Hopefully it will be sooner than my 40th anniversary!

Thank you Eric Rupert and the staff of Blue. What an incredible dining experience.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

My wife and I had a fantastic meal at Blue while staying at the Ritz. We both got the tasting menu and a great bottle of wine. The service was what you'd expect from a high end restaurant like this. If you're up for the pricetag, you can't miss with this meal. I'd suggest getting there a bit early and having a cocktail at the bar!

Reviewed August 4, 2018

What a fantastic evening, a meal that truly was an experience. We were seated side by side at a banquette; the decor is simply elegant. Before we arrived, people had told us to order the tuna foie gras and scallops in brown butter, and both were as good as people said. Service was just perfect, plenty of attention while preserving our privacy. And the food was ridiculously delicious. We will go back!