All reviews corner unit master bedroom across the street grocery store end unit spacious balcony the underground parking garage infinity pool the ritz grand cayman street noise outdoor furniture many restaurants within walking distance vacation rental great kitchen satellite tv cooking utensils
Reviewed June 3, 2012

After a good deal of research we decided on the Beachcomber for our stay in Grand Cayman. It was a great decision. The property was clean, very well maintained and the staff was friendly and efficient. The grounds (which include large pool and two hot tubs, several bar-b-q grilles and seating areas) and beach are lovely. The beach was always in great condition and appears to be groomed regularly.

Our unit (Fifteen) featured two bedrooms and two full bathrooms, an extra large terrace (partially covered) and was nicely furnished.

I think we saw all we came to see in Cayman so I doubt we'll be going back, but if we did I would not hesitate to recommend the Beachcomber.

Room Tip: Master bedrooms are on the street side, so expect some traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank GTRIPADV
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We celebrated our 20th yr anniversary.. When we got to our condo we had a surprise bag from Danielle with champagne and rum cake. VERY NICE! thank you.

I had researched many places over a 6 month time frame and you always worry that even with all the info you can find that it still might not be what you thought it was. DO NOT WORRY!!
First the beachcomber is the most beautiful of the condo's on 7 mile beach and the beach itself is the nicest. I honestly think they remove the rocks in front because we did not have as many as the other parts of the beach. I do know they rake the sand during the week.

The rooms and the beds are amazing and the kitchen does have everything you need except for spices and coffee. Go to the grocery store when you get here and get the stuff you need. We kept it simple and ate out for dinner every night or there is a delivery service that will delivery from a lot of the restaurants and they were fast and it is almost like having room service.

Our cleaning ladies were the best thank you...
Like everyone said the only sad part was having to leave but I leave with a smile knowing I will come back soon!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet time go in May or later.. You take the chance of rain but even when it rains its still very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hawaiibound4us
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed in Unit #8 and it was absolutely fantastic! The Unit itself was perfect. Great amenities,
perfect view especially for the sunsets.
Kudos to Danielle for taking such great care of us. Everyone was so nice and the ladies cleaning the units are always smiling and helpful.
Some of the condos on the beach looked deserted (I wouldn't like that) but Beachcomber always had folks at the beach and pool but don't worry, not too many that you wouldn't get a lounger.

Room Tip: Unit #8 was perfect! The master suite overlooks the beach and the other 2 rooms face the road. It can get a little noisy listening to the cars whiz by but we... thought of them as the waves - ha.ha.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary here. We researched long and hard to find not only a wonderful vacation spot, many islands to choose from, but we settled on Grand Cayman. We also wanted a special spot where we could renew our wedding vows. We wanted somewhere different, not like a hotel - with luxury and not a ton of people or kids invading our privacy. I did not want the crowds of a hotel, nor the hotel treatment. I travel a lot for my work, and I did not want the hotel envionment.

We did much research, and I have to tell you, Danielle at the Beach Comber sealed the deal. From the minute I contacted the Beach Comber, Danielle was incredible. She sold me on the island, the Condo complex, and helped me with every last detail of our incredible vacation. She was responsive, and answered every question I had, and went out of her way to make us comfortable and meet our every need.

The Beach Comber is lovely, we stayed in Unit 11, a three bedroom (worth every penny) even though it was just the two of us. The bacony was double sized and had a fantastic view. The master bedroom had a doorwall to the balcony, walk in closet, wonderful bath, fabulous (see the pictures at their website, they do not do justice to the real thing). The entire unit was modern, high end - granite countertops, high end appliances, wonderful furnishings, top notch the whole way. Full laundry, two other bedrooms/baths, all gorgeous. More than enough towels, linens great, beds very comfortable! Mrs. Reed, our "housekeeper" was wonderful, very imformative about the island, and just a wonderful woman!

Danielle, however, sealed the deal. She knows everyone, and everywhere to go on the island. She can make any arrangement you need - seriously. She sent us to the best restaurants on the island, best shopping, best sight seeing, where to go, etc. She also helped us set up our 25th Anniversary Vow Renewal, right on the beach at the Beach Comber. She hooked us up with Pastor Whittaker, who made the service wonderful, as meaningful as our first wedding!

The beach, chairs , pool and hot tubs were all clean, very nice, and not crowded. Walking to restaurants for every meal is availabe, the grocery store is right across the street, as well as all kinds of shopping. Even though you are on 7 Mile Beach, you feel like you are in a private club. We rented a car, and parking was easy and more than available on the property. The entire place is well kept, maintained, and attention to detail is evident. Check out their website and call or email Danielle for more details, you will not be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Check out their website, you can view photos of each condo online, can call/emaile Danielle for more details! ! !
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sheeeebs
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The Beachcomber is a perfect location. Located right on the beach, it has all the amenities you could want including a beautiful pool and a great location to restaurants, grocery and other stores. #17 is a corner unit on the 3rd floor, 3BR/3BA, with lots of windows and incredible views. It has a screened porch and an "open" porch, multiple TVs, the latest appliances and internet. Go ahead and splurge, this unit won't disappoint.

Room Tip: 3rd floor corner unit #17 has more windows, views and an open porch.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family