Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$209
  • Pool
US$269
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$114
7 Mile Beach Resort and Club(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$182
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$362
US$299
Kimpton
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$349/night.

Villas of the Galleon(Seven Mile Beach)
US$272
US$247
Hotels.com
US$1,084
US$922
Coral Stone Club(Seven Mile Beach)
US$750
All reviewscorner unitmaster bedroomacross the streetgrocery storeend unitspacious balconythe underground parking garageinfinity poolmagic jackthe ritzgrand caymanbring earplugsstreet noiseoutdoor furnituremany restaurants within walking distancevacation rentalsatellite tv
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have stayed at a number of places on Seven Mile Beach and in my opinion Beachcomber the is one of the top 3 places and top 2 condos. Seven mile beach is lined with beach front condos, but most were built in the 80s and showing their age. On top of that they are 3 stories tall and not a whole lot of view. Beachcomber is like 7 stories tall, every unit is beachfront, has the same view and best strip of beach. The beach in front of condos headed twords town is not as nice. It's more narrow and not as soft it seems. Beachcomber is THE condo to stay at. There's a grocery store across the street you can walk to. The Beachcomber is luxury without the hundreds of tourists you will find packed in front of the Ritz Carlton. Even the beach in front of the new Water Coulors condos ($3MM-$8MM condos) is not as nice and has some dumpy condo resort next to it that used to be the Hyatt. Beachcomber is between two luxury condos so no bad neighbors.

The best part is the Beachcomber condos website allows you to pick the EXACT condo you want.

Room Tip: Pick a unit with a screened in balcony if you want to sit outside at night and have dinner or drink. Not all units have it. It's not a must unless you want to sit outside at night and relax because mosquitos will swarm you really bad. But they are non existent at during the day.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rockinar
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I did a lot of research before selecting Beachcomber. I'd been to Grand Cayman one other time about 10 years ago. I think i had considered Carribean Club, Westin and the Ritz. I went to each one while I was there and am 110% happy I chose the Beachcomber.

The Carribean Club looked okay outside, but the pool was about 1/2 the size of the Beachcomber. The beach was more sandy/dirty w/ sticks over there. The Ritz had 3-4 rows of chairs outside, almost all filled; they also had tons of people in the water and 4 or 5 aqua tables floating. So if you are taking kids and have to watch them in the Ritz beach area, I think you'd have to be on high alert the whole time. The Westin pool was so oddly shaped that if your kid turned the corner you'd have to stand up and track them around - we were there for 30 min near their swim up bar and i got attacked twice by these black birds. Lots of people at the Westin.

One thing to note is that the beach in front of Beachcomber is perfect, clean sand and "flat." If you walk next door to right or left even one hotel/condo there is beach, then about 2 foot drop to water/surf etc. Beachcomber is perfect. Whatever hotel is to right of the Beachcomber (if standing in water - so it's towards Georgetown) had a lot of drilling going on too.

We had unit #18. We arrived on a Sunday and left on Friday - perfect. Grocery stores are closed Sunday so we paid Eddie from Cayman SHoppers to pre-stock our fridge - he did a great job. It was $65 (US or cayman - can't remember). Money well spent after 2 flights.

We rented a Ford Flex from Avis. Renting from Avis is slightly more expensive but their cars are newer. Andy's cars looked a bit older. When you exit airport and walk outside, just keep walking left about 100 yards, cross a street and it's right there. Not a big deal. If you have a ton of luggage, send your man to get car and come around and pick you up. I HIGHLY recommend a car; it takes only a day to learn to drive on left side of road (if you are from US) and it's SUPER easy to get around. I would not personally do taxis or the bus.

Our #18 unit was SO CLEAN. There was no nasty black grout in any of the showers/tubs etc. It was AWESOME. They give you clean beach towels each day and do light mopping/bathrooms/housekeeping each day (no dishes though). The view was aweome. We had bose system, great cable in every room, ipod docks in each room. We had blender, toaster etc. You do need to pack or buy small laundry detergent, 1 pack paper towels and maybe bring a small hand pump soap for kitchen sink. They had dishwasher detergent, palmolive, and toilet paper already there. They also supply in each bathroom mini hand lotion, body wash, small soap bar and shampoo/conditioner 2 in 1. Master bedroom sheets were super soft, and bed/mattress was pretty good too. Our balcony got afternoon sun and if you wanted to sunbathe on the balcony, there was probably 3-5 feet of full sun you could get if you wanted. The master bedroom has ocean balcony doors. The other two bedrooms face the street area and might be a bit noiser. You could plug in ipod and put ocean surf music on if you have to.

The pool is awesome - you could even almost watch your kid at beach if you are in hot tub - it's that close. Plenty of shade and umbrellas available and pool is about 1/2 shade, 1/2 sun at all times too. The housekeeper said the whole building was full but you could not tell. They have tons of chairs and probably 1/2 were empty all of the time - no rushing to lay towels out etc. SO STRESS FREE. Everyone minded their own business. They had about 1 umbrella to two chairs - lots of people moved their umbrellas closer to water if they wanted shade - no big deal. I think they had 4 nice Weber grills which I think they power washed every morning. Walkways were super clean etc. We blew up rafts and floated in the ocean - so serene.

My kids are ages 7 & 9 and they thought everything was AMAZing.

We walked over to westin swim up bar one day and got a drink. We walked over to Ritz Periwinkle restaurant for dinner one night - check their itinerary for movies at dusk list. But note you may get eaten alive by mosquitos. AFter 2 nights of that we opted to eat inside at restaurants.

Both EATS cafe and A LA Kabob are AWESOME - and regular prices. We had Gino's pizza - okay.I actually liked my Hawaiian Pizza and Mushroom/Sausage pizzas from XQ better. La Dolce Vita was great, but that was our one expensive meal. We wanted to do Carlos Martin's tex mex Cantina but it was closed for holiday.

We rented Jet Skis from Red Sail at the Westin- you shoud call and reserve a 1/2 hour slot in the morning or the day before. We also tried the kayak and stand up paddle thing at the Ritz - both of those were kind of difficult and we are very fit, but won't do that again. So if you do, only rent 30 min b/c it might be harder than you think.

Our Itinerary was perfect:

Monday - 9:00 am - Moby Dick snorkel and Stingrays. THey do supply flippers and snorkels. We brought our own though. All of us snorkeled. I brought my own life vests for my kids though - glad that I did. They do not give adults life vests - they have only "extra buoyancy vests" as an option. I picked that and am glad I did. My 7 yr old and I held hands and snorkled together and it was easier floating. My hubby and 9 yr old held hands and snorkeled. My 9 yr old would not get in water w/ the rays - she was fine standing up watching from the boat side - I was not worried about her b/c i could see her no problem. Moby Dick says they limit it to 20 people a ride - we had actually about 32 and it wasn't too cramped. I didn't feel like I was in a meat market. I highly recommend them.

Tuesday - Dolphin Discovery at 1:00 - The lady acted like we didn't have reservations even though I gave her my confirmation number. So print out and take your email confirm w/ you. get there about 30 minutes early. You can leave sunglasses on for most things and take your water shoes. We all did Dolphin Swim Adventure. I chose this place over the other one b/c you can see the dolphin in the water nearby. The other was more oceanic and my kids aren't strong swimmers so I picked this place just in case there was a problem that i could see underwater. They supply all life vests. The people next to do us in big tank did royal swim - - the only difference is the double foot push - let me tell - every single one of them TOTALLY face plants after that. So I recommend Dolphin Swim Adventure - it was nice and we did the kiss - boogie board and fin tow and nobody's head went under water. THe dolphin was super nice. My youngest 7 year old didn't want to do foot push w/ boogie board so she did fin thing twice. I could be next to her pretty much the whole time - I was anticipating being worried about her doing it but it was not a big deal at all. We got the free pass to turtle farm but walked over and said our daughter wasn't feeling well - can we keep our wrist band on and come back another day? She said sure .

Wednesday: Turtle Farm. We did not pay the extra $20/pp (kids and adults) to go to the mini water park thing behind turtle farm. I'm happy we did not. My kids were amazed by the turtles. They wore swim suits and could get into the 6 foot wide, 2 feet deep tank and pick up baby turtles. Adults could pick up from the side. Again - no worries - stress free. I'd say adults only need to wear water gear if you go to the "back stuff."

Thursday: Rum Point - I do not suggest the 50 minute drive to go get crammed next to a million sweaty people, smoking being loud etc. We left after 20 minutes - round trip was probably 2-3 hour waste. Just skip that and find something else to do. They say there's snorkeling there - we tried 3 areas near there but saw nothing except a meat market of people and their feet in the water. FYI - if you go shopping at Georgetown, the stores close at 5 pm. I think they open at 8 am or 9 am.

Before choosing your outings, check online for the # of cruise ships/people in port. Maybe rearrange your Moby Dick and Dolphin stuff to days when there are less people in port.

Friday - left around lunch. My husband's flight was at 4 pm though and they went to car museum (just past turtle farm) and he said was totally awesome.

I had bought a waterproof map on amazon.com (Frank's maybe?) before I left and it was perfect. Print out exact directions to/from airport before you ago and you should be good.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank DiscerningTraveler75
Reviewed June 3, 2012

After a good deal of research we decided on the Beachcomber for our stay in Grand Cayman. It was a great decision. The property was clean, very well maintained and the staff was friendly and efficient. The grounds (which include large pool and two hot tubs, several bar-b-q grilles and seating areas) and beach are lovely. The beach was always in great condition and appears to be groomed regularly.

Our unit (Fifteen) featured two bedrooms and two full bathrooms, an extra large terrace (partially covered) and was nicely furnished.

I think we saw all we came to see in Cayman so I doubt we'll be going back, but if we did I would not hesitate to recommend the Beachcomber.

Room Tip: Master bedrooms are on the street side, so expect some traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank GTRIPADV
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We celebrated our 20th yr anniversary.. When we got to our condo we had a surprise bag from Danielle with champagne and rum cake. VERY NICE! thank you.

I had researched many places over a 6 month time frame and you always worry that even with all the info you can find that it still might not be what you thought it was. DO NOT WORRY!!
First the beachcomber is the most beautiful of the condo's on 7 mile beach and the beach itself is the nicest. I honestly think they remove the rocks in front because we did not have as many as the other parts of the beach. I do know they rake the sand during the week.

The rooms and the beds are amazing and the kitchen does have everything you need except for spices and coffee. Go to the grocery store when you get here and get the stuff you need. We kept it simple and ate out for dinner every night or there is a delivery service that will delivery from a lot of the restaurants and they were fast and it is almost like having room service.

Our cleaning ladies were the best thank you...
Like everyone said the only sad part was having to leave but I leave with a smile knowing I will come back soon!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet time go in May or later.. You take the chance of rain but even when it rains its still very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hawaiibound4us
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed in Unit #8 and it was absolutely fantastic! The Unit itself was perfect. Great amenities,
perfect view especially for the sunsets.
Kudos to Danielle for taking such great care of us. Everyone was so nice and the ladies cleaning the units are always smiling and helpful.
Some of the condos on the beach looked deserted (I wouldn't like that) but Beachcomber always had folks at the beach and pool but don't worry, not too many that you wouldn't get a lounger.

Room Tip: Unit #8 was perfect! The master suite overlooks the beach and the other 2 rooms face the road. It can get a little noisy listening to the cars whiz by but we... thought of them as the waves - ha.ha.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends