1,959 results
All reviews the grill across the street beach chairs fish tacos yogurt grand cayman westin hotel continental breakfast hard boiled eggs stove top small kitchen liquor store sister property minute walk full size fridge on site restaurant one bedroom suite
Reviewed October 14, 2018

My wife and I just returned from Grand Cayman. We went for only four nights to enjoy some diving. On the recommendation of our dive operator, we stayed at SunShine Suites. What a great find. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and well equipped from the beds, to the tv’s, to the full kitchens. The people were very nice. The rates were very affordable. They have a nice pool and free access to the beach and pool at the Westin across the street. They also had dive rinse tanks and free equipment lockers. The Sunshine Grill on property is an added bonus. We will definitely make Sunshine Suites our hotel of choice for our dive trips to Grand Cayman.

Room Tip: Any room is ok
Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
SunshineSuitesResort, General Manager at Sunshine Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

How terrific, John, to know that you and your wife were able to enjoy a lovely getaway at the Sunshine Suites Resort, and that our wonderful value, comfortable accommodations, excellent staff and delicious food surpassed your expectations. Thank you for your lovely review and five-star rating, and we hope to welcome you both back again soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

I went to Caymans for a conference, so I was there to mainly work, not play. Therein lay my issue.

The Sunshine staff were fantastic to a person. Grounds were clean and pretty, and I appreciated the free breakfast. Coffee was also great, and the drinks and food were tasty (try the fish tacos in the Grill restaurant !).

However, there was no place to spend time in air conditioned environments other than one’s room. I also didn’t like the fact that to use the pool, I had to be right next to people on dates eating dinner/lunch. Room itself was small and dark and didn’t have space to work. If I left the shutters on the only (small) window open, then everyone from the parking lot could see into my room.

Water in shower was frequently ice cold and walls were thin - I could hear the convos of the people around me, and didn’t appreciate their yelps of did stress in discovering the cold showers at 6am. Beds were clean with decent linens but far too soft. AC in room was good and modern/newish, but very noisy. It was great to be able to use the Westin facilities, though it was also setup more for vacationers than working folk.

All in all, it’s a decent place to stay if you are a tourist who just needs a place to sleep while you tour the island or hang on the Westin beach. Staff were fantastic! Everyone I came across who worked there seemed happy and took care to greet you. However, I do not recommend this hotel for people in Grand Cayman on business.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Tamara, it’s wonderful to hear that while you stayed with us, our beautiful resort, delicious food, exceptional amenities and superb service pleased you. I regret that other areas of your stay didn’t meet your expectations, and I want to assure you that we will discuss your review to see where we can improve the facilities for business travelers. We want all of our guests to feel like their needs are being met, and we hope that you come back soon to the Sunshine Suites Resort so we can work to earn that fifth star!

Reviewed October 9, 2018

Great location with Westin privileges - what else can you ask for? Location is great. Food is great at the poolside restaurant. Staff is helpful and warm. The bar had great staff.

Going back for a week with the whole family over Christmas Holiday.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
SunshineSuitesResort, General Manager at Sunshine Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Brian, it’s such a thrill to hear that our amazing location, terrific amenities, delicious dining and exceptional staff exceeded your expectations. We’re looking forward to seeing you again at the Sunshine Suites Resort in a few months!

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband for nearly a week and was very pleased with everything. Didn't have hot water in the first room we were checked in, and staff was more than willing to switch us to another room. Were very attentive to anything we needed.
Sunshine grill has fantastic food! Would recommend anything there. Will definitely be staying here any time we come back to visit! Worth every penny, especially being able to use the Westin property a short walk away.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
SunshineSuitesResort, General Manager at Sunshine Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Katie, what a delight to hear about your recent wonderful stay with us, and that you appreciated our helpful staff, delicious dining and amazing location. We also appreciate your patience with the hot water issue, and it was our pleasure to quickly relocate you to a more suitable accommodation. We hope to welcome you back to the Sunshine Suites Resort soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Sunshine Suites is known throughout the area to have some of the best food on the island. I found this to be true. Great staff and employees. The grounds are kept wonderfully and there is no shortage of assistance if desired.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
SunshineSuitesResort, General Manager at Sunshine Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Stephen, we are so delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our incredible location along the Seven Mile Beach. In addition, you were able to appreciate our delicious dining, beautiful property and superb service, and we were thrilled to host you. Please allow us to welcome you back to the Sunshine Suites Resort soon!