“A Great Resort”
Review of Cayman Reef Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seven Mile Beach
Cayman Reef Resort
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A Great Resort”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at Cayman Reef #40 for a month this winter and had a most relaxing, peaceful and friendly experience. It is a great condo, spacious and fully equipped. No need to rent a car, the location is perfect for walking to shops and restaurants. It is right on Seven Mile Beach, with a beautiful view of sunsets and ocean. The pool is clean and quiet, the grounds are well maintained, and the staff is very helpful. We already have our reservation for next year!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank R0xR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I stayed at the Cayman Reef Resort in Unit 40 in early February. It was my first visit to Cayman. . . .and it was so awesome that upon my return, I would never go anywhere else! The unit was beautifully appointed, spacious, up-to-date with televisions, wifi access, etc. It was immaculate, with care taken in the selection of bedding, towels, furniture. . . in other words, it was like staying in a doll house! The unit could not have been closer to the beach- upon drawing the drapes, one felt as if on an ocean liner. . there were no other buildings in front to impede the view. I cannot emphasize enough how clean, fresh, spacious, and beautiful the unit was. The owner of the property was concurrently in another unit and was quite accommodating with recommendations about resources in the community, including dining. If you are going to Seven Mile Beach, stay here. . .IT IS THE BEST!!

Room Tip: UNIT 40 is in the best location. . . closest to beach. . . and close to pool!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank AnitaMinneapolis
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Cayman Reef. The resort is clean, friendly, and obviously well-run and maintained by Sandi and her staff. Many of the occupants are long time visitors.
The beach is fantastic, as good as they get. The pool area is clean and quiet, never used heavily. The location is handy, walking distance up and down SMB, and 1 mile or more to town. Lots of shops, restaurants nearby (Karma our favourite, in the strip mall across the street).
Try for an upper floor unit. Due to the concrete frame construction, any noise upstairs is telegraphed through the slab: things dropped, toilets flushed, luggage rolled, chairs scraped, etc.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms will be less noisy than 1st floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mikemniki
Atlanta
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I had to just make mention of this place because me and my family we on vacation in the Caymans staying at the Marriott. It was completely over crowded so we walked up the beach and found this cute complex that was quiet and actually had a nicer beach than the Marriott. We did not know it was private but we took some chairs and sat out. Shortly after a guy came up and asked if we lived there and we said no. He was very polite and informed us it was a private property and explained that we could use the beach but no the chairs. We did not take offense and appreciated that he did not embarrass us in front the other people on the beach. He came back 5 minutes later and told us about the wonderful restaurant next door alled Royal Palms and that we could use their chairs. He was really polite and said he hoped we had a fantastic vacation. I asked his name and I think he said it was Matt or Miike I cannot remember. He then gave us a list of places to go since we had kids. It is really nice to know professional people like him are still around. Thank you

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Blair H
Maryland
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We Stayed in Unit #61. The condo was well furnished with modern amenities (internet, HD flat screens, snorkling gear, beach gear) and comfy furniture. A local cell phone was provided, however the place doesn't have wireless internet. We traveled with a group of 5 and had plenty of room. The bed my fiance and slept in was huge and very comfortable. The pool is very nice and stays open till 11pm. We enjoyed using the tennis court at night. The court is well lit and is in good condition. It is walking distance to Camana Bay and many other bars and restaurants. The beach service is great. Get up early for a spot under an umbrella. We plan on being repeat customers.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank nwellnitz
Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Our entire family was with us on this vacation. Our daughter, son in law and two grandsons. Everyone voted this as the best vacation we have ever had. Our accommodations in Cayman Reef #40 were superb. Flat screen T.V., beach toys, port a crib, wifi are only a few of the amenities this condo offers. We cooked in every night because of the kids. This condo is right on the beach so we could get to the condo from the beach with such ease. We can't wait until next year.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank mybelle115
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I have stayed at this resort eight times. This was my first time in #40 and I thought it was lovely. It had a nice kitchen, though I like to eat out. It was well equipped and we usually ate breakfast and lunch in the condo. The bathroom is new and there is a great view of the ocean and sunsets. The beach is perfect, not very crowded, and always got a chair. The pool is a nice change of pace from the beach. I would go back anytime and I think I will.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends