“Great First Diving Experiance!”

Living The Dream Divers
Ranked #2 of 29 Tours in Seven Mile Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand Cayman's Boutique Dive Operation- a husband & wife team- owner operated for the best personal service and attention to detail. We specialize in valet service with the smallest groups on board the biggest, newest dive boats in the Cayman Islands! Join us for daily 2 tank AM and PM trips, night dives, and private charters. All our dives are personally guided and include transportation to our departure points, free computer use to maximize bottom time, fresh towels, snacks, fruit, refreshments and absolutely no crowds. Learn to dive with our daily Discover Scuba Diving courses, finish your e-Learning certifications and Open Water referrals in the Caribbean Sea. The Living The Dream Team loves to dive and show you the best of Cayman diving. Our trips are safe, fun, friendly and professional. We are "living the dream" and can't wait to have you on board.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Ashburn, Virginia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great First Diving Experiance!”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Great Diving Experiance for 3 first time divers who ranged from college swimmer, teenager, to wife who was very nervous.

Ryan was able to explain all the safety precautions before the dive and we all felt very comfortable. He had divers (us) of varying skill levels.

All did well, we had a great time. Highly recommend this group if you are interested in what is called: RESORT DIVING; meaning you get land training and make your first dive in open water (not a pool) all on the first day

New York, New York
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Best dive company, hands down!”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Living the dream divers are just the best dive group to go with in Grand Cayman, no contest. I've been diving in Cayman for the past 7 years and have gone out with many different boats. These guys are the most knowledgable, responsive, and fun group that if ever gotten to dive with. I don't have family or friends who dive, so I'm usually solo, and on some boats this can be less enjoyable. Not so with Living the Dream. Their small groups, capped at 8, are perfect for getting to know your fellow divers, and the dive instructors are top notch, ready to answer any questions you might have, and point out all the cool marine life you probably would have missed otherwise. During my most recent trip I completed my lionfish tracking certification, allowing me to cull and remove invasive lionfish from Cayman's reefs. It was so exciting, and Gary was a great instructor, showing me the ins and outs of lionfish tracking and culling, now I can't wait to go back and catch some more on my next trip.
Definitely contact Gary and Liz in advance of your trip, since they've become really popular and book up quickly. The new boat is amazing, it's huge and makes it so much more comfortable to have room to walk around without tripping over scuba gear.
I stopped diving with any other groups in Grand Cayman, and I can say my experiences with LTD Divers has been overwhelmingly positive. If you're looking for a fun experience with a great group of divers, definitely go with Living The Dream, you'll never look back.

Visited March 2012
Caymanltd, Owner at Living The Dream Divers, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
We love what we do and love sharing this beautiful island. That you for diving with us and sharing your vacation time with us. We cant wait till your next visit and hope you have a great Spring time.
Byron Center, MI
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Great time diving”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Last year I received my open water certification from LTD and the experience was excellent. I returned this year and dove with them for 4 days. The entire crew are safety conscious and a lot of fun.

Liz handles all the arrangements and answers any questions promptly. She even assisted me when I asked for recommendations on fins and a mask.

Ryan led two people and myself on a night dive which started from the shore. Awesome dive. We saw Tarpon, Southern & Yellow Stingrays, Angelfish, Parrotfish, Grouper, Spotted Moray Eels and plenty of beautiful coral formations.

Ryan also took some photos of me the last day. The pictures were excellent especially the one's where I was swimming beside a turtle.

Scott instructed me last year when I got certified and provided me with a refresher course. Very patient and an excellent instructor. Carl led us on some interesting swim throughs. Gary went all out with their new boat. Can't imagine a better dive boat.

Would recommend Big Tunnels, the Aquarium and Notre Dame. Spotted Mooray Eels, plenty of Turtles, Stingrays, Blue, Gray, French and Queen Angelfish, Spiny Lobsters, Barracuda, Blue Tang, Tiger & Nassau Grouper, Fairy Basslet and different kinds of Parrotfish.

The Cayman Islands is a great place to dive. Never have more than a 10 minute boat ride, water is warm, visibility is always 100 ft or more and the weather is good. The people at LTD are excellent instructors, entertaining and love what they do. I met the same group of people from last year. You can tell that they get a lot of repeat customers.

Minnesota
“Amazing scuba diving experience for our family, with varying levels of skill, utmost attention to safety.”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Our family of 5 arrived on Grand Cayman with 1 experienced diver, 2 with some diving experience and 2 with none. Living the Dream worked with us to get our 2 younger children (ages 16 and 20) fully certified while we were there - 2 morning sessions in the water - classroom training and written testing done online - 2 other open water dives. The final day we all did a 2 tank private charter dive on their beautiful dive boat and saw unbelievable underwater life. They arranged for one dive master to stay with the 2 new divers and another to be with the others on a deeper dive. They were all fun, professional, extremely careful/safe and have great equipment. I spoke with Living the Dream many times by phone and was so impressed that they followed through on everything they promised us and more. I certainly understand why they have the #1 rating on Trip Advisor.

Visited March 2012
Thank you so much for joining us last week. The experienced diver in your group had first dived here in the 70's and it was awesome to hear his passion about the reefs. Thanks to the Department Of The Environment we have a selection a new dive sites. We visited two of these during your trip and had some incredible dives. To hear from you that the reefs today reminded you of "old' Cayman made us all very happy.

As a family you are relaxed and confident divers and we cant wait to show you more cool critters on your next visit.

Happy diving!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Scuba Diving Operation in the Caribbean”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We highly recommend Living the Dream Divers if you are looking for a very well run dive operator in Grand Cayman. We have been to many islands and countries in the Caribbean, and none of the dive operators offered such prompt, professional, courteous, safe, and individualized service the way this company did. The groups were always small, everyone was friendly, articulate, skilled, and highly knowledgable. They have a brand new boat that is by far the nicest one I've ever been on with respect to ease of getting in and out of the water....it was made specifically for scuba diving. Liz, Gary, Scott, Carl, and Ryan were all great! They truly love what they do! Definitely sign up for one of their shore night dives....you won't regret it. There is a nice little restaurant to eat at after you get out of the water. They will provide you any equipment you may need, and it's all high quality and in great condition. We will definitely be back!