I read all the reviews of Grand Cayman Island and the Ritz Carlton, in particular, and our trip exceded our expectations by the largest of margins. We were there from
Dec. 7-12. The Ritz was impecable and the service was beyond belief. Their staff was so accomodating to our every need and made our stay the best it could be. The resort is on the best stretch of Seven Mile Beach and has awesome snorkeling right off shore. Look for the giant spiney lobsters and the resident 8 foot morey eel. Our 6 and 10 year old sons both had a wonderful time, and they were treated with special attention to assure their stay would provide life long memories.
We ate at all the resort's resturaunts and the food was great. Their signature venure is Blue, by Chef Eric Ripert, and was to die for. Be peparded to spend at least $300 for two to dine their, but it is soooooo worth it!. The Blue Tip golf course was over priced but was still a fun challenge. Our Irish cattie named Larry made the experience a memorable one.
The locals are very friendly. We felt safe at all times, on all parts of the island. George Town ,the island capital, has many shops to look at, but we felt them to be over-rated and most had the same mix of iems. Sting Ray City and the Turtle Farm are a must see. Our favorite spot was Rum Point on the far north side of the island. We had lunch and of course run punch. The snorkeling was great with lots of variety of coral and marine life.
We had heard how expensive it was, and we were not let down. Be prepared to spend a lot of money due to the poor exchange rate. One Cayman dollar equals $1.25 US. You also pay a set 15% service charge at most resturants and bars on all purchases of food and booze.
Over all it was the best trip of our lives and can't wait to go back. Thank you goes out to the entire staff of the Ritz Carlton, whose great service and attention to detail, made our stay that much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, West Indies, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands