Le Soleil d'Or(Cayman Brac)
US$2,500
US$2,425
All reviewsdive boatgreat divingmexican traingreat foodsushiother guestsbloody bay wallgrand caymanevery mealyear after yearlaid backair consumptiondive stafffamily atmospherenew friendsrepeat customersinteresting people
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Clean rooms. A lovely setting. Absolutely amazingly good food (how do they get such fresh food to this tiny little island?). Warm and friendly staff. Stunning, world-class diving with a laid-back vibe on reefs that defy description. Nothing fancy (hang out at the bar and play dominoes for entertainment at night), but scenic, relaxing and all-around wonderful. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: It appears the "beach front rooms" are not air conditioned, but with the breeze off the water it was lovely just with the cool air through the screened windows.
2  Thank Torontogoodguy
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I've just returned ( again) from my yearly vacation to Pirate's Point Resort. I travel by myself, don't dive ( medical reasons). Snorkel lots. And all you need to do is hop on a rusty bike, peddle around and find so many beautiful places to plunk yourself in the water. And see the most amazing sea life!

Such a beautiful place to relax, read books, make many new friends who you'll see again next year, when you come back.

Even as a non-diver, this island has the best diving. So I've heard from many guests over many years. And they keep coming back. As do I.

Why? The staff is the best ever. Friendly, helpful. There to answer the big questions and the little ones. Martha, a dive master, helped me solve a problem with my snorkel. Meant much to me. See, non-divers are just as welcome as divers. The food? Gourmet. And lots of healthy choices. Be prepared to gladly gain a few pounds!!

Little Cayman is safe. Feel free to go anywhere. The only thing that may startle you is an unexpected iguana...Little Cayman is a nature preserve, both above and below ground. You'll learn why not to feed the fish or iguanas. Bob & Mike are the experts on that!

I booked for next year on my way out the door! Please visit my home away from home and know peace like you've never known it before. And, everyone, guests and staff, become part of your family. Pirate's Point is part of mine...11 more months and I'm home again!!

Room Tip: all rooms are exceptional. beach front rooms (4) are not air-conditioned. they are "trade wind" conditioned. the rooms a bit away from the water have air conditioning.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank rjwal11
Reviewed March 22, 2012

As a snorkeler - I am always dubious of 'dive resorts' but I have to say I had a great week at Pirates Point. There is great snorkeling off the dive boat and the staff would suggest when I should and shouldn't come along. There is shallow snorkeling off the resort which is an easy warm up and very safe. Would be best when it's not too windy as its only 4-5 ft deep for the most part. But turtles every time I snorkeled atleast once a day!

The resort is very comfortable, very casual with friendly guests and staff! Fabulous food in a family style dining room which was great for the 'lone snorkeler' of the group.

I can easily see why 80% of their clientele is repeat - it feels a bit like a posh summer camp - you can throw your watch away for the week! I would highly recommend it as long as you don't want to dress for dinner or watch CNN!
Anne

Room Tip: The ocean side rooms are the newest but NOT air-conditioned - decide if you want the breezes or the cool sleeping!- But the ocean side rooms are also the only ones with small decks. (Although the pool side patio and beach chairs everywhere work just fine)
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank adcalgary
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Our recent stay at Pirates Point Resort on Little Cayman was everything and more than we expected. My wife and I lead hectic lives and we were looking for a laid back resort where we could unwind. While not fancy or lavish, our room was very comfortable and clean and had every amenity we desired for our dive vacation. Every night we went to sleep with the sound of waves emanating from right outside our door.

While the much liked owner Gladys Howard was not at the resort during our stay, her friendly and professional staff went out of their way to ensure that their guests had an enjoyable visit. During the morning, different members of the staff would in turn pilot the boat, accompany the divers under the water to the reefs and in the afternoon and evening serve a delicious lunch and dinner to the resort guests. While Little Cayman is a divers paradise, I could not characterize it as an ideal snorkeling destination.

Breakfast and lunch were prepared by the charming Dianne who obviously loves cooking home style meals for breakfast and lunch. Dinner was Chef Jeff’s opportunity to shine with delicious and creatively presented plates. After dinner, Martha or Gay would cajole their guests into playing dominos. Who knew that that board game could be so much fun?

On our next visit to Little Cayman, Pirates Point Resort will be our first choice once again.

Room Tip: Choosing a room right on the water is worth the extra cost. Rooms 5A, B, C or D are excellent.
2  Thank jeffb2003
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Pirates Point Resort is a small (maximum 20 guests) all-inclusive resort located on the island of Little Cayman. Pirates Point offers some of the BEST diving in the Caribbean with visibility of 100 feet plus, healthy reefs, amazing swim-throughs, diverse fish populations, and all within 15-20 minute boat trips. Their dive masters are some of the best I have ever dived with (300+ dives). On top of this, Pirates Point provides gourmet meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with everything made in their kitchen. Easily a 4 star restaurant! Those not diving can relax by the pool or on the beach in hammocks, take a nature hike, bird watch, or tour the island on the provided bikes.

Room Tip: Beach side cottages have no ac but wonderful breezes and you are right by the water.
2  Thank Gail W