“Peaceful Beach Cottage”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
traciewat...
“Peaceful Beach Cottage”
Reviewed December 13, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

I live in Grand Cayman but had never been to Little Cayman. I am not a diver so did not want to stay at any of the resorts. Blossom Village Cottage was perfect. There were four of us including me and my husband and my parents. As there are two cottages on the beach we all had our own private bedrooms and the beautiful beach to enjoy right outside our door. The cottages were well equipped, very peaceful and walking distance to everything. Stepping out onto your own private beach every day was stunning! We had the windows open at night to hear the sound of the sea! Very very relaxing indeed. We even had the local iquana's pay us a visit which was a delight. Loved it!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
14 Dec 2016
Dear Tracie,
Many thanks for your lovely review of Blossom Village Cottage.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in Little Cayman and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
All the best for a wonderful holiday season.
Kind regards,
Juliet Cumber-Forget
Business Manager
Cayman Villas
Reviewed March 10, 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 65+
Scenic421...
“IT WAS A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT”
Reviewed February 16, 2011 for a stay in February 2011
people found this review helpful

We arrived, the cottage is very cute, but after looking around we noticed a lot of black shaving and other hairs in the main bathroom, including some in the tooth mug!
I cleaned up and we went for a walk on the beach. See pictures. It was FILTHY and full of GARBAGE.
I reported both things to Cayman Villas. On the third day of our trip, the house was cleaned and we were not charged. On the 4th day, [the 5th day that we were paying for this property] the beach right in front of our house was cleaned. Peter, the property manager was extremely helpful, but it was horrible to arrive to a house and beach that had not been cleaned and checked. The rest of Blossom Village Beach still had plenty of garbage, as you can see in our videos on youtube.
Although the beach in front of the property was cleaned on the 5th day, one video shows the rest of Blossom Village Beach taken 8 days after we arrived, and the second shows the state of the Island generally. We would NOT recommend this Island for anything other than for a strictly diving [not snorkeling] holiday. The strangest thing is that the house is not 20 yards from the Department of the Environment of the Cayman Islands!! There is ONE pretty and clean sandy beach on the entire island called Point of Sand. It is as far as you can get on this small island, from the cottage.
The inside of the Island is Swamp land. On our third night we went to sit outside after dark. We thought there was a dead animal under our house. Unfortunately, 4 of our 8 nights were ruined by the putrid, rancid smell from the swamp. We couldn’t even open a window.
BEWARE, the house on the internet states a 3 bedroomed house and the contract THAT WE SIGNED was for a 3 bedroomed house, but in fact, we were charged on a separate credit card slip $680 for the use of a second bedroom. I only discovered that we would not be getting the use of the whole property when I telephoned Cayman Villas and AFTER we had signed and paid for the whole holiday, including all flights.
These photos are true, as the house can be seen in the background. Everything I have stated is as it was.
We arrived a day late, as information on some visa sites is not accurate, so make sure your passport doesn’t require an entry visa at the cost of $150. Penny, from Cayman Villas was very helpful and we flew the following day.
WE WISH WE HADN’T BOTHERED

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Reviewed December 16, 2010 for a stay in April 2010

Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Reviewed December 7, 2010 for a stay in April 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: The fact that it has been kept in traditional style.
Liked least: We had a problem with the dvd player.
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Tourists
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing