Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews valet diving dive shop beach resort dive sites dive trip top notch friday night great dive outdoor bar the reefs great trip sea life lunch and dinner salad new friends brac bj
Selected filters
Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I visited in May 2019 for one week of diving. Having been recently to another premier diving island we were expecting more us the same.
WOW, enter stage right...Valet Diving! CBBR does it right. From the moment you arrive, your needs are catered to and for a very acceptable cost. Add to that great dive sites, great crews, great boats, great food, super staff and spotless accommodations. Oh, did I mention the pool and surfside location. That was the best!
Jason and his crew were remarkable and we will be back...Jimmy Gee and Georgie.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim G
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cayman Brac Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

We are very happy you and your wife enjoyed yourselves, Jim G! We take great pride in our valet diving services that are truly hard to describe. You have to experience them first hand, and then you're spoiles and don't want to dive any other way!

We appreciate that you chose our resort and took the time to write a review. We will hope to see you both back here or at one of our other resorts, again.

Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

Just got back from my trip staying here, and very pleased with the experience.

This resort is located near the west tip of the island, on the back side of the airport (more on that). It’s an easy 5 minute taxi ride over there. The hotel appears to have about 40 rooms total on two stories. Every room has a balcony or patio that looks out into the main common area.

The hotel has a dive shop on site (Reef Divers, see separate reviews for them), along with a day spa. It also has a “fancy” restaurant (limited open times), a bar with a full menu that’s available for lunch thru the evening (9pm or so as I recall), and then the buffet restaurant that’s the main eating place if you are on one of the meal plans.

There is a very nice pool with surrounding lounge areas, and 3 cabanas at ocean side with hammocks (2 per covered cabana for a total of 6), and some lounge chairs ocean side. The hotel itself is inside a fringing reef, so it’s a fairly calm lagoon, but I will admit that after diving in the morning, I never went in the ocean at the lagoon, so can’t speak for whether it’s “good swimming” or not.

My room was perfectly nice. I had a double bed room (two beds, they looked full size to me). The rooms are ok in size, but there’s not a ton of extra space. Adequate, but I wouldn’t call them roomy. There was a well appointed bathroom (shower only, but it’s good sized). There is a closet with plenty of hangers, a decent sized flat screen tv, and as part of the tv cabinet, a set of 3 drawers for clothes storage. There is also a desk and chair. No fridge or microwave for those who are looking for such a thing.

Your room comes with beach towels for your use (replaced as needed), and there is bottled water for purchase in the room, but in all fairness, the tap water in the Caymans is perfectly drinkable (though a bit chlorine-y if you are sensitive to that flavor), so bring a water bottle and fill it out of the tap to save yourself a lot of money and the environment of more empty plastic bottles.

The rooms are air conditioned, and it is controlled at the unit by a specific temperature selection. My unit worked fine and I considered the noise level typical for the type of unit, though I heard quite a few people complain that theirs made loud and/or weird noises.

I was on the second floor, so I had a nice walk out balcony with a couple of chairs and a small side table for use. They do actively discourage the hanging of stuff on/from the balcony, but I was able to lay small discreet stuff out there (shoes, shirts, etc) without getting any complaints. But wouldn’t recommend hanging out wetsuits or towels and such . . . There are places for that.

For on-site recreation (other than diving and the aforementioned spa) there’s the pool and ocean, there’s a nice looking tennis court at the back of the hotel, and they have bikes that you can borrow to ride around the island should you want to do that. Seems like they had a few yoga classes on offer (for a fee), and there are usually evening activities most nights (I.e. trivia, hermit crab races, receptions, barbecues, etc.).

So, with that in mind, here’s what I liked about my stay: the staff of the hotel was very friendly and helpful - always quick with a smile, and I never saw anyone that even looked remotely unhappy. The dive operation being right on site was convenient. I was on the full meal plan, and the food selection was pretty good. I didn’t get too bored after a week of it, so I think that’s an accomplishment for their kitchen. The room was comfortable (even the bed, and those usually bug me in hotels), and I liked having the balcony. I loved the hammocks and spent as much time as I reasonably could there. The access to the bikes was great, as there wasn’t much within walking distance, but there were some options if you were willing to bike a few miles (restaurant, caves, liquor store, and even a grocery). I thought the on-site spa was great (cheers to Adi, who had just arrived in the islands and clearly hit the ground running!). The bar was nice, and was a great gathering place in the afternoons and evenings.

What wasn’t as good: I think the only complaint that I could see is that if you are looking for more than just diving and laying around (which frankly was all I was there for), you might find the place to be a little TOO remote. I certainly wouldn’t bring kids here, unless they are very good at entertaining themselves, they’d be bored stiff after the pool got old. There are other activities to the island (climbing, exploring caves, etc), but it’s not a place I could see bringing anyone younger than teenagers. You can rent cars on the island, and there is some taxi service (including a taxi tour that everyone said was great), but even on a bike, you may have limited off-site options. I would also be concerned that the rooms are a little small if you travel with a partner or buddy and you were both heavy packers. The rooms aren’t small, but they aren’t huge either. The only other down side was that you can literally see the airport runway right off the back of the property. But I will say, with as few flights as some and go from the island, it was barely noticeable to me.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here and will definitely be back!

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank JennB270
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cayman Brac Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

We're very pleased that you enjoyed your stat with us, JennB270, and thank you for choosing out resort. It's wonderful you recognized our great staff, becaseu we quite honestly believe they're our greatest strength. That there isn't much to do if you're not a diver isn't really surpriseing to us, becasue we are truly a dive resort although we have a small percentage of guests who come with non-diving partners and occasional non-diving guests.

Those staying at our resorts usually don't have problems finding space to store their belongings becasue most of the dive gear remains in the dry room or on the boat. And as most have discovered, they bring way too much stuff on an island where the primary clothng each day is a bathing suite, coverup, and flip flops. Most repeat guests bring down less each visit because they find themselves carrying extra weight and items in their luggage they never use.

We thank you for taking time to write your review and will look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 23, 2019

Great people and property! Safe, friendly, geared for those who want to dive. Not a spot for little kids, in that there is not much for them to do. Great pool, awesome food, great staff and easy valet diving! They have bikes you can check out. We took a quick 2- minute ride down the road to watch the sunset over the water. Compared to the Little Cayman property, this one has a bigger pool, bar area and more open, not so bunched together.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cayman Brac Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

We're happy you chose to "dive into" our resort and delighted you had an enjoyable time. Although we and everyone loves our LIttle Cayman Beach Resort, this resort on the Brac is a real hidden gem as you've pointed out. The grounds are large, the pool is huge and fun, and Chef Gregory rocks the meals. Although you noted it isn't for small kids, we actually do get a quite of few kids, including some divers. We have a large sandy beach for running and playing, pool games, board games, beach volleyball, and parents of younger kids who do NOT dive usually bring along their little ones' favorites to keep them entertained. And with advance arrangements, we can help set guests up with a sitter who can watch the kids while mom and dad go diving.

We thank you for your visit, your review, and we will look forward to seeing you aggain, Gstrehlow!

Reviewed April 21, 2019

Being from the USA means the conversion rate for purchases you're paying 20% more in US dollars than what's posted example a $10 item cost $12 US. A bit of a sticker shock. I purchased my trip through a dive shop so I recieved an unexpected bill increase of $170 for nitrox really not the resorts fault, but something you should be aware of. The nitrox is needed many of the dives will push the limit of their nitrox bank of 32% @ 110 ft. As for the resort it's beautiful and like newly built. Its clean and cozy. The pool area is spectacular with the bar close by. The beach was used by nobody not really a good place for swimming but the pool more than makes up for it. On my dive boat there was no room for improvement except it would have been nice to have music. The staff was excellent. They sit you at the end of the boat bring your gear to you and removed it from your person upon the end of the dive. As for the diving I would consider it average for the Caribbean. I was disappointed in the lack of life under water. Been other places where it seemed so more abundant but as divers know sometimes it just luck of the day in what you will see. As for the food I considered it average with a notable exception on Barbecue night the steaks were some of the best I've ever had. Another thing i will mention they furnish bicycles at no cost. It is a mile to the liquor store and additional mile to the grocer. Since you are allowed only 21 drinks for the week in our package it made since for a little bike excursion. Bar drinks cost anywhere from $10 - $20 if you exceed your limit. We took and afternoon tour with a guy named Mosey well worth the $25 dollars he charges. An excellent guide he gives a colorful history lesson of the Island with stops at places that enhance the entire vacation. The resort can schedule Trips with Mosey. All in all it the resort/dive trip is a fair value.

Room tip: Good wifi nearer the main building
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank jimcrowsr1961
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cayman Brac Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

We are very happy you enjoyed your visit with us and thank you for your review, jimcrowsr1961. We do the best we can to keep costs reasonable, but everyting on an island (especailly a small one) costs more largely due to the fact that virtuallyeverything has to be brought in by barge from Grand Cayman. And the way goods get to Grand Cayman is mostly by ship from Miami. So transportation costs dramatically affect final prices.

Guests remark most about our valet services that take the work out of your diving. We know it's safeer than having guests "tank dance" walking from their seats to the back of the boat. And NOT having to do this makes diving easier or possible for older divers or those with physical challenges. We dive this same way at all 3 of our resorts.

Mossy is famous for his tours. I had to laugh because on my first one we pulled into the driveway of a house to say "hi" to a gentleman in his front yard who was one of Mossy's friends. It's definintely NOT a ruh-of-the-mill tour and probably the most fun you have have for $25 on the island.

We thank you for your visit and will hope to see you back again.

Reviewed March 31, 2019

This was my wife and my first trip to both Cayman Brac and an all inclusive resort. We were a little apprehensive as all inclusive isn't something we would select, but on the Brac there aren't a ton of dining options so this was the only sensible option. We were also a bit concerned about the valet diving as we're pretty hands-on with regards to our equipment. Since we spent a week there I broke down the review into sections.

Diving: The valet diving didn't take long to get used to. Our two dive masters, BJ and Nick did an outstanding job. The predive briefs were the best we've ever received. They make these maps with dry erase pens that are super accurate and make planning your dive a snap. We tend to swim on our own and I kid you not that we found just about every underwater-mark that they drew. It was that good. The snacks, water, and towels on the boat were nice and made everything super easy. I barely used my muscles all week. Nick and BJ were also extremely knowledgeable about the sea life and were good sports with my million questions. They worked really well as a team and the boat ran smoothly to the point that if I wasn't thinking about it I would have missed all the behind the scenes work that it work it took to pull it off.

Resort grounds: Spotless. Been to Disney World? See any trash there? I remember seeing a single cigarette butt and thinking that looks out of place. The grounds are that clean. Trudy, the GM is EVERYWHERE and runs a tight ship. The hot tub went out one day and they got on it quickly.

Room: The room was clean and comfortable. Nothing super exceptional, but much better than some of the other dive resorts I've been to. The soaps are really nice. Each room has a killer view of the ocean. AC worked great.

Front desk: Efficient and very polite. We rented a car to drive around the island and they took care of everything. Made it super easy.

Bar: The bar staff, all of them, are very engaging, nice, and somehow remembered our names after like a day. They mix drinks that go down too quickly and smooth. I tried to work through the entire cocktail list and almost made it. One word, detox.

Dining: I was a little afraid here as my wife and I are picky. We needed not to worry. There were lots of fresh vegetables and salads to satisfy my wife. There were also lots of options for me since I tend to be more on the carnivore side. The variety was really really impressive. The BBQ on the last night was really special.

Room tip: Room 212 was good for us.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 630alany
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cayman Brac Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

We very much thank you for your visit, 630alany, and are especially grateful tha tyou took the time to post a review. As you mentioned, Trudy runs the resort like a "tight ship," but her focus and that of the staff is working hard so you don't have to. BJ and Nick are Reef Divers rock stars, we agree. And it delights us that you "got" and really enjoyed our Valet Diving experience. As certified divers, we give our guests the option to follow the in-water guide or do their own thing as long as they follow the dive profile.

It's nice to also hear that you enjoyed our meal and beverage services. Chef Gregory also runs a tight ship and with his team puts out amazing food that is atypical of what you normally find at a dive resort. We're sorry that your expedition through our cocktail list was incomplete - but there's always the next time! We we hope to see you and your wife back here again soon.