“Wonderful”

Royal Palm Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 60 Restaurants in Basseterre
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tantalize your tastebuds. Ottley's Plantation Inn is known for its spectacular grounds, panoramic views, unmatched romantic ambience, warm hospitality and impeccable service. The Royal Palm restaurant features contemporary Caribbean cuisine and is recognized as one of the region's best. Dine elegantly on choices from a seasonal ala carte or fixed price menu. Enjoy island specialties at breakfast, lunch or the famous Sunday Champagne brunch. Special holiday menus are created for Valentine's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve. Treat yourself to a unique experience in an historic location.
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I went there for my moms birthday.
Lunch was excellent, Hospitality was excellent too.
I am very proud of the service we offer here in SKB.

Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

We dined at Ottley's for 10 nights whilst we stayed on the property. Each night there is a featured menu including four courses of appetiser, salad, main course and sweet. Every night there is also an amuse-bouche to start the meal off. Whilst it was possible to choose items from the a la carte menu instead of the featured, we found the food to be of such quality that it was great to try things that we otherwise might not have chosen. We enjoyed excellent pork loin which was the highlight!

Staff are generally friendly and the family are on hand every night to ensure everything is to satisfaction, taking real care of their guests.

The setting is superb, looking back up at the plantation house by night and eating to the sounds of the tree frogs.

One of the best dining experiences we have had at a hotel restaurant.

Reviewed March 25, 2017

We were staying at the hotel but i want to single out this restaurant. We enjoyed a number of delicious meals. The service was great. In particular Marcus (bartender) and Eric (Head Chef) were both outstanding.

Reviewed March 24, 2017

After a 7 night all inclusive stay at the Nisbet Plantation on Nevis my wife and I stayed here for 7 nights on the same all inclusive package. Unfortunately even though Ottley's was about 15% more expensive the standard didn't even come close to the Nisbet. Firstly we had to order our dinner at breakfast. There was a featured menu each day or we could choose from the a la carte menu which didn't change if we wanted. At Nisbet the a la carte menu changed every day and there were between 4 and 6 different choices for each course. The lunch time menu never changed either, At Nisbet the staff were genuinely warm and welcoming where at Ottley's they were surly to the point of almost being rude. At Nisbet our all inclusive package included all drinks so long as they were served in a glass, i.e. it did not include bottles of wine. I was therefore very surprised on the first night to be told that of the drinks on the 3 shelves in the bar only the items on the bottom shelf were included. Even cheap blended whiskies were excluded. In the room folder one of the pages mentioned what was included and the words speciality or premium drinks had been crossed out as being excluded. The next morning I mentioned this to reception and they said it was a mistake - I also pointed out that on the same page it said that the featured menu used to say that there was a choice but that had been crossed out. This however was correct. I am not sure how a guest is supposed to know what is right or not but she said that our folder would be updated. The attached photo was taken about 30 minutes before we left and had still not been updated. We were very disappointed with the quality of the food and a large number of the meals came with rice. One day I had tuna which was so fatty I could not eat it. In all we were very disappointed with our experience in the restaurant over the 7 days.

1  Thank DerekParsons
MgmtAtOttleys, Owner at Royal Palm Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2017

Dear DerekParsons
I can assure you that we Owners/Innkeepers/Hosts have done everything in our power to create a very small resort that serves our guests extremely well. In some cases if our staff lack in some skills or worldliness, they make it up tenfold in good intentions and heart.

We care tremendously... and on the rare occasion we receive feedback like yours, we need to say thank you for sharing and let us explore what you have written and see if we can use this to make ourselves better.

We do not agree with all of your comments. We shall sort through what you indicated and act accordingly. We admit, there is absolutely no excuse if you had been testing our housekeepers and they missed a tea stain in your bathroom.
What is most important, you were not 100% satisfied with your stay at Ottleys. Luckily for us, this is much more the exception, than the rule. Nonetheless, we are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
We can try, but we know that we can not please all of the people all of the time.

Reviewed March 18, 2017

Friendly service of high quality food. Large portions very well prepared and presented. Chef looked after my dietary requirements, seeing me as a challenge!