eDreams
FindHotel
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Snaptravel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

We took the ferry from Nevis for a weekend visit to St.Kitts and booked a room at Culture House. We are budget travellers and were hoping for a clean, comfortable place at a really good price... and that’s exactly what we got PLUS the location is quite good, close to down town, the airport and the beach AND John is an excellent host. He pulled out the map and gave us the scoop on the highlights of St.Kitts so we could make the most of our two days there. Which we did!!!!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2018 via mobile

picked the hotel due to being only a 20mins walk from the airport (i belive they might be the closest actually) so landing here at 9pm, it couldnt have been more convinient.

the host Tina & John are SUPERBLY helpful and delightful. John actually told me he has big travelers -like myself- all the time, and indeed he was very much aware of what it takes to make the most of a little time you have at one location. we had the best chat, they helped me the car rental (shout out to “cube rentals”) , gave me wifi, bottled water and all the destination tips. never experienced efficiency and friendliness like this before. massive thanks for that.

the room was basic, but perfectly in line with the price range, it was en-suite plus a balcony. it had a nice mattrasse that was more towards the harder end of the scale, which i totally loved (my problem is always overly soft mattrases that dont hold my back)

i would recommend staying here any day of the week, especially if you are a budget traveler doing solo, you will have a hard time meeting a more helpful host than Tina and John:)

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Martin S
Reviewed January 6, 2018

I stayed here for a week and was a nightmare from start to finish. When I arrived I found no bar, no restaurant and that I was miles from anywhere. When I queried with John he replied "I'm glad you're here, indeed the company "! He was completely argumentative the whole time and decided the day before I was checking out that he wanted the money there and then. As I was on my way out I said that he should send the PayPal request to me and I would pay it later. I got back in the evening, no request so I prepared for bed. John then started hammering on my door demanding my credit card, I told him it was late, no request received, I would do in the morning. He then proceeded to go apoplectic outside the room, told me he was calling the police and then used his key to open the door! I wish he had phoned the police as I am a single female traveler and was feeling very vulnerable and afraid. He treated me like a criminal, I have never not paid my bills and told him to stop treating me as if I'm a criminal.

There are many other things that weren't good about this place, no hot water, no access to fridge, so many animals the place stank and so on. Room was never cleaned and towels were never changed. I was so relieved to leave.

THIS MAN SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THIS! DO NOT STAY HERE!!,!

Room tip: Stay elsewhere
Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank rachelstern2016
Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

I read the other reviews and I suppose if you’re used to certain amenities, this might not be the place for you.
It was definitely the place for us. We only stayed one night as our actual stay was on Nevis, but the owner was welcoming and personable. Our flight landed late, and despite the hour the owner was out meeting us, carrying our luggage in and offering to take us out for Boxing Day which we had to regretfully decline due to our previous engagements.
There are dogs and cats on premises, and the house itself is a beautiful piece of property with an authentic and classical feel. The rooms, while sparse are clean, and airy, and we had the best nights sleep we’d had in a long while.
This is an unpretentious, honest island stay, and we loved it.
We’ll be staying here again this year on our way back to Nevis for our X-mas vacation.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael F
Reviewed May 8, 2017

Pros:
- The rooms were fairly nice, beds were comfortable and rooms were cleaned
- John who owns the place was also very friendly and happy to let you know what to do on the island, his breakfast is very nice too, albeit a bit too expensive for what you get quantity wise.

Cons:
- Air-con is missing and deparately needed, you can get a bit of the atlantic breeze through to your room but unless you also want to be ravaged by mosquitos, having all the doors open all the time isn’t really an option
- Shower was only cold and not the best pressure wise, which was fine with the heat of st Kitts but may be a problem for some
- The amount of dogs and cats can be an issue for some, theyre perfectly friendly but others peoples reviews of it being an "animal refuge" I can understand
- In terms of distance culture house isn’t really close to anything. The beach nearby isn’t really one you wouldn’t want to lounge on, and certainly wouldn’t swim in the water (atlantic side). Shops, restaurants and the nearest nice beach are either an hour walk across the beach and gold course. Basseterre is probably closest because of the local buses which only cost 1US$ each way, but the nearest stop is a 15/20 minute walk away still
- Use of the kitchen is limited to being able to putting stuff in the fridge, which you can only access when the owner is home which is not all the time and so cant really be relied upon as a source of food. Having a cold glass of water when you want can become very challenging with this arrangement

Overall, culture house was fine for one or two nights if you just want somewhere cheap to stay but you could definitely find somewhere much better for not that much more. I would definitely avoid long term stays, maybe unless you have a car, and probably a fridge….

Date of stay: April 2017