“A must when you visit Nevis - Go early to catch the sunset!”
Review of Bananas

Bananas
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Nevis
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated on the edge of the Rainforest Bananas is casual fun dining in a magical setting. We take our food very seriously but it is good home cooking prepared by hard working local ladies, not fancy or Gourmet.. However our menu is very creative and we use only fresh ingredients and where possible free range organic produce and meats. We have Magnificent Sunset views from our Firefly lounge and a superb selection of cocktails and old rums and a small selection of cuban Cigars.
Reviewed May 28, 2018

This is a must-do experience when you are in Nevis, Bananas is an institution. First I would recommend going in time for sunset and sitting up in the roof terrace part (I think it was called Sunset Deck?) with a drink to watch the sunset before heading down for dinner. Book ahead though for dinner, it is a popular restaurant. We started with a Bertini at the Sunset Deck. Service is amazing and the food is excellent, we had the smoked wahoo, the saltfish and johnny cake, and the tania fritters to start, all were delicious (we shared). Then I had the lobster linguini and my husband had the fish pie, again great choices, our friend had the special which was mussels in a white wine sauce and loved it. Try to leave room for dessert, if you aren't a sweet person, and even if you are, the manchego cheese plate with the homemade oatcakes was the perfect ending (could have been a good starter too!). I loved my molten chocolate cake and our friend had the famous coconut cake which was delicious too. There were a couple tables who had Birthdays and if you do go on your or someone's Birthday, I'd recommend you mention it to the staff just for the special touch at the end! I'll say no more! Oh and one final thing, have a look at their shop which is next to the restaurant (and wander around the garden too, it's beautiful), lots of lovely and unique clothing, jewellery and accessories. Highly highly recommend you make this part of your Nevis experience!

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

Overall the food was tasty and the service was good. Part of why an average rating is that our meal seemed very rushed. Our appetizer arrived about 2 minutes after we ordered and our entrees about 5 min after that. The views are amazing and why you want to go to Bananas. Would have liked for the meal to be more relaxed. We stayed upstairs to finish our drinks for a few minutes before our meal...so perhaps that contributed to the rush. Ordered the curry seafood dish, which was good, but no better than typical Thai restaurant in the US. The fried vegetable fritter appetizer tasted a little burned and wasn’t nearly as good as several of the other fritters around Nevis. I will likely come back, but would say more for the views than the food.

gstringgourmet, Owner at Bananas, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review...
The food was tasty, the service was good and the views amazing ...Its seems pretty harsh of you to give us an average rating because you felt rushed..?

I hope you come back to Bananas and if you do ..please identify yourselves..we will give you a real SLOW food caribbean experience.!!

I just love trip advisor !!

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

We have a house here and have been going to Bananas (in various locations on the Island) for last 15 years. Always excellent food, service and great decor and ambience. Nothing else like it on Nevis. Usually have the lobster linguini but switched to lobster mac and cheese.....yummy. And don’t miss out on the coconut cake.

Reviewed May 18, 2018

The restaurant is located in a residential area and reminds me of a tree house setting. We had excellent seafood. My husband's fresh snapper was expertly prepared. The cocktails were delicious and they have a nice selection of aged rums. Service was excellent. They also have a charming boutique attached. It was open during dinner hours so you can browse during your dinner courses.

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Our party was treated wonderfully at Bananas! We came across from St Kitts and although it was quite a drive to get there, it was worth it! We had a fixed menu as we were with a fairly large party of 12 so we didn’t have free rein of the menu, but our food was delicious. Plantain chips with black bean dip - delish! Conch Mac n Cheese - decadent! Coconut cake - very good! My only regret is that we weren’t there in time to see the sun set!