“Yummy !! Great for couples or friends”
Review of Coconut Grove

Coconut Grove
Ranked #5 of 60 Restaurants in Nevis
Cuisines: Caribbean, French, Fusion, Wine Bar
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Beach side restaurant built in a large Tiki hut with tropical decor, high end cuisine and the only wine cellar on the island. The views of St Kitts and the Caribbean sea as well as the building are exceptional with a relaxed feeling while the food and wine are superior. This is not a beach bar but a high end restaurant on the beach. Added 6/18/2017 at the suggestion of guests...early and late season we tend to close on Saturdays, reservations or calling to confirm hours is advised.
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Came with my partner. Staff was lovely and professional. We made friends with other clients. Was a romantic starter and main then we switch to friendly dessert with a lot of laughs. The lobster was marvellous!! Thank you again for this great evening

Date of visit: August 2018
3  Thank B D

Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed dinner her tonight after 12 years!! It all started out great—food and service....then ....we completely lost our service ..........
We ended up pouring our own wine and water...very disappointing!!
The food was great....but disappointing service....

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank smartin123Kent
Reviewed April 10, 2018

Some places on Nevis charge a service charge. All charge VAT. This was the only place we ate where I saw both of those plus a tourism tax. The list of taxes just seemed to go on and on. I fully expected a 'sitting near the pool' tax or a 'cost of maintaining our ceiling fans' tax, too. Our food was probably around $30 something total yet our total bill was over $50!

It's a pretty place, though if you go at night all you'll see on the beach is the pool. The structure is really interesting in terms of how high that thatched roof is. I was looking forward to the pesto pasta, which was on the website menu, but they didn't have it so I got the Pomodoro pasta. It was good for Carib Italian; average for NY Italian, but it costs more than my favorite NY Italian restaurant (but then food is overpriced on Nevis). If you don't specifically request tap water you'll get a bottle and be charged $5 for it.

The mosquito coils smelled like incense and gave me a headache. But the service was really nice and friendly. This place is walking distance along the beach from Hamilton resort but I don't know that I'd want to do it at night.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank trav226
Reviewed April 3, 2018

My family and I visited Nevis for spring break last week and went to Coconut Grove on a recommendation from a friend. The staff was friendly but the food was just average. The Lobster Bisque was flavorless and the Shrimp was dry. My wife's entree was the Wahoo and it was dry and tasteless as well. In addition, I thought the owner was pretty standoffish. Upon arrival I mentioned to him that his restaurant came highly recommended-- to which he had a tepid response. Did he think I was looking for a discount? In addition he spent most of his time standing around one particular table chatting with the patrons who were obviously regulars, not paying much attention to the other tables. Regrettably, this was an expensive, disappointing experience.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank tgas1963
Reviewed March 19, 2018

We ate here twice during our 2 week stay on Nevis. Really impressed with the service and the food. It's beautiful location with sunset right on the beach. Other reviews mentioned mosquitos but we had none. Husband had the special catch, line caught Marlin which we can't get in the states because it's illegal to keep them here. What a treat. Other dishes were outstanding as well. Great place to celebrate my birthday.

Date of visit: February 2018