“Every Excellent Review Is True!”
Review of The Rocks

The Rocks
Reserve with OpenTable
The Rocks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 62 Restaurants in Nevis
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Discover lively Caribbean cuisine paired with global flair at our restaurant The Rocks, located in the epicenter of Golden Rock Inn. Dating back to the early 1800’s, it sits on a hundred acres stretching up the verdant slopes of Nevis Peak with glorious tropical gardens, and sea views toward the Caribbean islands of Antigua and Montserrat. Golden Rock Inn has been thoughtfully restored and expanded through the eyes of artists Helen and Brice Marden, and fresh fish & lobster come from local fishermen, and tropical fruits and vegetables come from neighboring growers. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served alfresco on our dining decks overlooking the sea, or within intimate garden settings. Under stone vaulted ceilings, our bar serves signature cocktails such as the Mount St. Helena and Golden Rock’s renown Rum Punch.
Reviewed September 16, 2018

I read a lot of the Trip Advisor reviews on The Rocks and they did not disappoint us.
The establishment and the grounds are beautiful. The staff are professional and pleasant. The food, we had the lobster for lunch, was scrumptious. My husband had it in the salad and I had the sandwich that everyone on this site raved about. It was the best meal of our entire trip and reasonably priced. We also had their mango fruit (with other fruits) smoothie. It was so delicious that my husband is trying to duplicate it here. Their desserts are homemade on site daily and are yummy. We were very tempted to order the smoothie and desserts again. I wish we could have had the majority of our meals at the Rocks, especially after having a horrible dinner at the Rock Lobster in St. Kitts. If you get a chance to go to Nevis, stop here for a culinary delight.

Date of visit: August 2018
GoldenR71, General Manager at The Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Hello and thank you for this fantastic review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our delicious lobster sandwich and hope to welcome you back soon! Best wishes, The Golden Rock Team

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I'm sure there were other items on the menu, but with a name like "legendary lobster sandwich" how can you not order it?? Simply put, it does not disappoint! The price was very reasonable ($18, I think...). And while they do offer dinner, you really would miss the views and the gardens. We spent some time walking the grounds and enjoying the gardens. No doubt dinner would be excellent, but I'm glad we decided on lunch.

Date of visit: July 2018
Golden R, General Manager at The Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Thank you very much for this fantastic review and we are thrilled that you enjoyed our fresh locally caught lobster. We look forward to welcome you back one day. The Golden Rock Team

Reviewed August 4, 2018

This location is simply stunning. I was with a group and everyone agreed, it was an experience to eat lunch here. The gardens are so lush and tropical that it seemed like every table was in its own little private nook. The food was excellent too. It is definitely a must for anyone visiting Nevis.

Date of visit: July 2018

Thank you for such a wonderful review and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Best wishes from The Golden Rock team.

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

The Rocks at Golden Rock was superb...we had 2 dinners under the stars and 1 lunch and the food was such great quality at such great prices. The ambience at The Rocks is delightfully tranquil and wandering the grounds after a superb lunch was so relaxing and calming.
Lunch...I did not have and wished I did , Mum had the lobster sandwhich which she said was truly delicious, in fact her fav lunch of the holiday. The bread was incredibly light and fluffy and stuffed with lobster. I had the conch chowder which was also very very yummy. Hubby had a mahi mahi sandwich that was finger licking good.
The plantain rum ice cream and the coconut and mango sorbet were incredible. Hubby could not go without the Plantain and rum ice cream.
Service was outstanding for the dinners, however the server at lunch was a little apathetic especially after such great service in the evenings.
Highly recommend eating here and the grounds are astounding.

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you very much for such a lovely review. We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed the delicious food at Golden Rock. We are also sorry to hear that the service level was not up to par as this is not the experience we pride ourselves with offering. Please allow us a chance to change your opinion next time you return to Nevis. Please email me at am@goldenrocknevis.com Thank you very much. Andrei Mocanu General Manager

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

Not only is the food and service amazing but the gardens are stunning. I had the chicken roti which I loved and my husband had the fantastic curried chicken salad.

Date of visit: July 2018
Golden R, General Manager at The Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Thank you very much for this lovely review. Great to hear you enjoyed everything at Golden Rock and we look forward to welcome you soon.

The Golden Rock Team