“Trap me here anytime!”
Review of The Gin Trap

The Gin Trap
Reserve with OpenTable
The Gin Trap is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 59 Restaurants in Nevis
Price range: US$2 - US$19
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My party of 3 enjoyed the spectacular setting, ambiance, service, drinks & food here. Location overlooks water, loved big open bar windows with ocean breeze. European experience where you can enjoy drinks at the bar and order, and then are seated when dinner is ready. Bar service and food were excellent, my favorite meal of the entire trip! We had salad, spiny lobster, fish of the day, ravioli, sticky toffee pudding. I will go at least twice when I return to Nevis. All staff were delightfully engaging making the entire experience s standout.

timrO6971FS, Owner at The Gin Trap, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Patricia

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and for promising to come back to us!
I am so pleased that you enjoyed the whole Gin Trap experience from the premises and facilities to our menu and staff.
See you very soon!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My second visit to the Gin Trap was just as good as the first and I'm glad we came back! Mervan was an outstanding server and our food was delicious. Every detail down to the folded toilet paper in the bathroom was perfect. I would highly recommend it to anyone who loves good food, great atmosphere and quality service.

Tim R, Owner at The Gin Trap, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Reviewer

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and we are elated that your experience with us was so great!
We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

Wow very poor service First we ordered drinks. After 15 minutes we checked and they said they will be right out. Another ten minutes later we asked again. They said they’re checking with the bartender. They then told us they have no lettuce even though four people had ordered salads. We said OK and asked to see the menus again. We then asked to have the ravioli. They said they were out of that. They finally brought us our drinks and we noticed that the couple that came in 20 minutes after us are being served dinner.

They tried to give us an excuse saying that they were upstairs had a drink and just came downstairs to eat which we found out to be untrue. When the food came the one pasta dish was inedible and the other for dishes of poor quality. This place is so highly recommended maybe it was an off night but we can’t recommend any part of it. Will not return.

2  Thank William P
Tim R, Owner at The Gin Trap, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2018

Dear William,

I’m sorry that your visit to The Gin Trap never met your expectations and I will now answer your comments fully:
Your party arrived at exactly 1943hrs, were greeted with a handshake from Delison, my Front of House Manager, and were offered drinks in our bar or terrace. You declined and asked to be sat immediately in the restaurant. Not what generally happens here as we always like to serve you drinks in these areas, take your order for food, and then call you down to the restaurant once your appetisers are ready. That is exactly what happened with the other guests you mentioned, they arrived well before you, had drinks in our bar, ordered their meals and had an enjoyable time and then we’re escorted to their table once their food was ready. Nice and smooth. Not ‘untrue’ as you say.
You were given menus at 1946hrs and your drinks order was taken at 1954hrs. Your drinks arrived at your table at 2005hrs. So 9 minutes, not in excess of 25 minutes at all. Now you may think 9 minutes is still too long but you’re not the only people who we were hosting and although you clearly think you are more important than anyone else, I’m sorry my friend, you’re not. Your parties demeanour was loud and obnoxious to the extent where another of our guests left before ordering a dessert because of this.
Your food order was taken at 1958hrs and this arrived at your table at 2021hrs, 23 minutes in all.
Your plates were cleared with little on them.
My GM was also on site the evening that you dined with us and introduced herself to you at your table but no comments were received which collates with the comments in this review.
Our dishes are NEVER ‘inedible’ or of ‘poor quality’, look at the review next to this one from guests who ate with us on the same evening as you. So not an ‘off night’ at all.
With relation to the salads not being available because we had no lettuce is untrue. Our Hydroponic farm had no lettuce or greens available and the romaine lettuce that we sometimes use as an alternative was of poor condition from our other supplier and so we would not offer that. We did offer to substitute this with fresh spinach but you declined. We are a small Island and if fresh produce is not available on a certain day we have to and do offer alternatives. Same with the ravioli, this is one of our best sellers and had sold out earlier the same day.
Yes, we are highly recommended, and rightly so. Just because we never met your ‘Big City’ expectations doesn’t mean that accolade isn’t deserved.
You will not return? Fine by me, means I won’t have to dish our earplugs to my other guests.

Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful evening! The food was fabulous, just amazing. We loved the snapper, ravioli and the lobster. The salad was delicious.
Dessert was to die for!
Our service was perfect. Paula and Mervin were so sweet and attentive.
A hidden gem! I was so pretty. Loved, loved the decor..

1  Thank Marlnc

Dear Reviewer

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and these have been passed on to the staff mentioned.
We hope to see you very soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

Four of us went to the Gin Trap for a couple of drinks in their gorgeous bar and feeling peckish decided to eat in the restaurant. We certainly didn’t regret our decision! The food was imaginative and extremely tasty even better than on previous visits. Well done to chef Tamara. We’ll be back for many more.......

Tim R, Owner at The Gin Trap, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

Dear Sue

My sincere thanks for your comments and I am elated that you enjoyed your time with us.
Your comments have been passed on to Tamara and the rest of my staff and we so look forward to your return.