Montpelier Plantation & Beach(Charlestown)(Great Value!)
US$455
US$336
US$300
US$1,835
US$1,695
Oualie Beach Resort(New Castle)(Great Value!)
US$225
Hyatt.com
Agoda.com
  • Free Breakfast
  • Pool
All reviewslobster sandwichsugar millspring fed poolflora and faunalush gardenslily pondsexcellent lunchbeautiful gazeboserved by friendly staffjungle feelwater gardennooks and cranniesindoor seatingrum punchvisiting nevisworth the tripabsolutely breath taking
Reviewed December 6, 2009

We spent 8 days in this beautifull Old Plantation Hotel, located on mids of the beautifull Volcano, temperature was cool, 80's in the day and 70's in the afternoon. A retreat for the soul , no tv, phones, or AC, (you dont need it there) " It remind the way I felt when I go to visit my grand mother house" the aroma of the delicious disshes emergen from Janice's kitchen. Nice swimming pool , nice view of the caribean sea and the Islands of Monserrat and Antigua from our bed. Surrounded by lush vegetation and beautifull gardens make it a good place for romantic gateaways or friends and family vacation.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EliDavie
Reviewed October 2, 2009

My partner and I stayed at the GRPI in June of 1991 for two weeks. Pam Barry was the sole owner at the time. I can still remember the hedge of poinsettias lining the driveway. The cool, spring fed pool with its fantastic soul searching views of the caribbean. The garden vegetation running rampant. The exquisite breakfasts. The big room and an even bigger dog that came to sleep on our patio every evening! FAT DOG!
Id like to go back there sometime. I wonder if the new part-owners have added anything to the feel of the place? My partner and I were in Nevis almost twenty years ago, and back then a gay couple showing up at an inn like this was a bit awkward. We were made to feel at home, however, it was a bit uncomfortable at times. The house cleaning women giggled at us, the hotel had a wedding party our first week there. the couple lived in new york and the bride was from puerto rico. The wedding couple liked us. However, the grooms family was openly hostile. We were kind of unfortunately, trapped at their wedding reception and ended up sitting with the Nevisian photographer and the Nevisian wedding planner. I understand that times change. I felt that my partner and I were pioneers. Staying at the Golden Rock was a very pleasant time spent in a strange situation. Nevis cannot be missed. The Golden Rock Inn was very nice. Pam booked us a dinner one night at Miss Junes. We found out later from Miss June, that Pam had told her we were gay beforehand. Miss June didnt know if we were going to be of her liking, so she invited the Yarwoods over also for a buffer. The Yarwoods, Miss June, my partner and I had the best time! We ended up hugging and kissing Miss June goodbye after our wonderful meal. So the moral of the story is: that'ss what traveling is all about. Meeting new people and experiencing things out of your realm of comfort and control. Hopefully everyone will end up accepting one another and enjoy the company while you stay......

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stevenelliot
Reviewed May 18, 2009

We did not stay at Golden Rock, but if their accomodations are as good as the restaurant, I'm sure it is spectacular. We had lunch at Golden Rock one day because that is where we were meeting our hike guide. It turned out to be my favorite restaurant on the island. We went back a second day during our stay for lunch again. One the 2nd day, the hostess recognized us and welcomed us back. The waitresses we had could have been a bit more "on their toes", but the food was great and the atmosphere beautiful. We not return for dinner as the selections for the day were not to my taste, but I'm sure the quality was great. Plus, our dinner was included at The Hermitage where we were staying.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2009

"Hardworking Pam," as a local put it, is an outstanding host. We were greeted warmly and introduced to the grounds and our cottage. The cottage was comfortable and clean. The grounds and views are spectacular. The food and service were excellent.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2009

My husband and I just got back from our honey moon which we spent on the island of Nevis at the Golden Rock Hotel (I guess they dropped the "plantation" name?) It was exactly what we were hoping for! It was secluded and quiet, with beautiful views and an incredibly romantic ambiance. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the owner Pam was pleasantly warm and accommodating. The new renovations to the kitchen and dining area look incredible, every spot is a new view! Every morning we enjoyed a cup of coffee on our private veranda watching the monkeys play in the trees, and every evening we ate like kings in the castle-like dining room. Between the excellent food, service and location, this hotel has all the amenities of a five star hotel without the pretentiousness, which is exactly why we will come back again!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple