Arrived at the resort warmly greeted by Francesca offering a delicious fruit rum cocktail against a backdrop of sand and the sea was lit up by an open fire on the beach. She swiftly escorted us to a wonderful villa with its own plunge pool and deck overlooking water and tropical plants, with plasma screens in both the lounge and bedroom and the most comfy beds decorated with animal towel designs.
Days were spent on cushioned loungers by the pool overlooking white sand and sea sipping cocktails. Smoothies and ice creams from the pool and beach restaurants were interrupted by energetic bursts of kayaking, snorkelling and beach volleyball. The Staff were attentive, responding quickly to guest’s demands and more importantly remembered your name! They were always willing to go the extra mile, we celebrated a birthday during our stay and we were presented with a birthday cake and when we returned to our room we were greeted by a ‘Happy Birthday’ message using flower petals from the gardens.
We dipped into activities on offer at the sports facilities where we shared a spin class with West End Musical stars Kate Gillespie and Thomas De Keyser( who we later watched at their show at Beach Bay Club), played tennis with tennis pro James at the Pat Cash Academy and played basketball with some of the staff and guests. Sadly we just missed the Australian and West Indian Cricket teams who stayed at the hotel to prepare for their 3 x1 day cricket series.
I highly recommend The Sunset cruise where we were served with more rum punches, beers and nibbles though disappointingly the dolphins were nowhere to be seen. With only a week at the resort we chose not to sample other Island cruises and various excursions on offer, but, this we will save for our next trip later in the year. However, some friends of ours visited Trinidad and the Cays , unfortunately the external boat cruise broke down 50 miles out only to be flown back to Buccament Bay in a plane chartered by Harlequin!!
We were not looking forward to the length of the return journey home, 2 flights and a 5 hour wait at Barbados airport! However, It was made more bearable as Harlequin arranged access to the Executive lounge and confirmed that, for our next trip, their own planes would be in service which will reduce the time between the two flights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please be advised that Buccament Bay Resort has temporarily closed and plans to re-open in spring 2017 after refurbishment. The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean". Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards. Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting. There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Harlequin Soccer Academy; Pat Cash Tennis Club; diving and water sports; Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise. Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines