All reviews housing estate wedding party merthyr tydfil brecon beacons cauliflower cheese overnight stay get together plenty of parking the hotel staff for sunday lunch clean comfortable rooms melon one night stay residential area excellent value for money breakfast was included following morning
Reviewed May 28, 2018

We stayed for two nights to explore Brecon. The reception was efficient. The room clean with plenty of space. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. We decided to try their carvery which was delicious. It was so good we went back the second evening. I did find the bed not the most comfortable. The downside was location; it was on the edge of a housing estate but I would stay there again as value for money, the friendliness of the staff and the food would draw me back.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2018

When we arrived at 10pm on Friday evening unfortunately we were then informed that they had a party in their function room and there was going to be a wedding the following evening, both events were due to go on till midnight, unfortunately for us we were unable to do anything as we have a young child and needed to settle in! The party wasn’t too noisy as it was a DJ but the wedding was very loud as they had a live band and we had some very noisy people staying in the room next to us! So not the best stay ever.

Our room slept 4 but the decor was tired looking and the beds definitely need replacing, the manageress was very friendly but it’s not much use being told about 2 events when you’ve just been travelling for over 6 hours.

Breakfast was good and the staff generally friendly.

Room Tip: Possibly stay elsewhere
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

As I found myself in South Wales with the day disappearing fast I decided to find a place to stay. With my LateRooms.com app I found the Bessemer Hotel and booked a room. I followed my sat nav up and up and even more up and I found the Bessemer Hotel up above Merthyr Tydfil. It looked good from the car park so I grabbed my bag and went in. The Hotel looked very smart and modern and I was seen to by a very efficient receptionist. I went up the stairs to the room I was given and I found it to be on par with a Travelodge for tidiness and cleanliness. The double bed looked cosy and the bathroom was impeccably clean. I freshened up and decided to take a walk to Merthyr town so with the aid of Google maps I walked down and down and even more down until I found the town and a place to eat. I had a beer in Wetherspoons and when I was done I went in search of a taxi because I had decided that I wasn't going to walk up those hills tonight. I found a taxi by Tesco and after a fee of a fiver or so I was back at the Bessemer Hotel. I went to my room and crawled into bed and I thought about watching the tv for a bit but sleep beckoned me so the tv got left. The bed was cosy and I slept well until the morning. The shower was good and hot and it woke me up so I was ready for breakfast and the day ahead. The breakfast was served fresh and hot with tea and toast and a smile. The Bessemer Hotel was a gem find in the hills above Merthyr Tydfil and I hope that I will be in need of a room on another occasion when I can pay another visit to the Bessemer Hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2018

We stayed for 1 night whilst attending a wedding in the locality. Room was spotless with large bathroom and a double and single bed. We ate dinner in the carvery which was as good a carvery as we have EVER eaten--service was quick and friendly and the chef offered us all 3 meats --beef,pork and turkey!. breakfast was cooked to order whilst being limited in choice was good. check inn/out was simple and quick. The only downside was the location in the middle of a housing estate.Great value for a overnight stay in a simple but good establishment.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed March 11, 2018

Attended the Bessemer for a work colleagues retirement party and had a great time. The buffet was excellent with a great choice of food and the resident DJ played music that catered for everyone's taste. Stayed the night and the rooms were clean and comfortable and had all the amenities. The staff are very friendly and accomodating. The full cooked breakfast was also excellent. For £59 it represented excellent value for money.

Room Tip: 211 is a corner room with good views and a jacuzzi bath.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends