See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 8, 2015

New Montrose Hotel is a hidden gem, a stone throw away from the hustle and bustle of the capital city, Kingstown; and the peaceful atmosphere of the St.Vincent Botanical Garden.

My husband and I had a great time at this hotel. A surprise birthday party was planned for me by the hotel's staff in the upper floor of the bar/restaurant. We danced the night away to the sounds of local music.

The food was superb; my all American husband was gracefully introduced to local cuisine by the restaurant staff. He enjoyed a special breakfast, "Mama Reddock Breakfast." For dinner, he will eat only at the New Montrose Hotel. On days, when we couldn't get back to the hotel, during dinner hours, he will ask the Chef to leave his meal in our room. The chef, a member of this family owned hotel, will happily prepare my husband's requested meal, and leave it with extras, in our room.

Our tours and entertainment was planned by the hotel staff. We were given a list of things that we could do for the duration of our stay. The hotel staff obtained tickets for a Special Olympics' fundraising show, at the Russel Theatre; arranged for a tour guide and taxi service for us to visit the Leeward end of the island. From our tour bus, we were able to see La Soufriere Volcano, Saint Vincent highest mountain peak. Also, arrangements were made for us to visit Bequia, one of the 32 islands that make up St.Vincent and the Grenadines.

Room tip: Ask for the Penthouse, if you want an unobstructed view of Kingstown.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank vas0208
Reviewed May 27, 2015 via mobile

I had a wonderful week and the staff were friendly and very helpful. I would go back again and again. The view from the balcony is not only heavenly but relaxing.
The food is great and the access to the supermarket and also town is a plus.
Thanks a million New Montrose.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank MadiraDuck
Reviewed June 17, 2014

If you are looking for a Marriot or Holiday Inn Express, forget about it. Kingstown, St. Vincent are littered with these small hotels. New Montrose came as a recommendation, and I did not regret it. It's nicely placed in a semi-residential area close to town. I chose a suite which had a kitchenette, which I did not use. This suite can easily accommodate a family of 4, as it has two regular beds. Although the fixtures may not be new and may look worn, they are acceptable. The room was clean and uncluttered. TV was a bit small and channels are very limited but for a business traveler it wasn't a problem. There is an in-room ironing board and iron, but no coffee maker. I had a patio looking over Kingstown, but the property has a lot of other communal patios which was great to hang out and take in the view, especially the rooftop patio. Dining is by request and menu options are limited. I suggest that you eat at the hotel restaurant as Kingstown does not have many good dining choices. You could also walk down to the Super J supermarket about 3 -5 minutes walking distance and grab some supplies and use the kitchenette. Talk a walk to the Botanical Gardens or to Kingstown, or take a taxi for about EC$10 - 15. (Exchange rate US$1.00 - EC$2.67 - June 2014). Staff very courteous and very willing to please. Kudos to Adellthia and Ronald.

Room tip: The suite was US$12.00 more, and worth the additional for space.
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 925khaleelali
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

First thing first the front desk lady was very pleasant. But the room was poor pooor. The bed was low the bed skirt was dirty were it looks like it's not cleaned or changed for months. The air in the room was musty like you could of smelt mold. I did not even turn off lights because of fear of rodents. Would advise one to get a can of ludo and spray before on stays there at least at the front. Rooms at back are way better if you have to stay the newer part of hotel ask to stay

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank yearof
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very happy with our room in 2001 overlooking the downtown and the bay. Very close to the Botanical Garden. We liked the location as it was quiet and close to ammenities such as grocery stores and the hospital (a requirement in our situation. Also have to say the staff and owners were super. Pretty sure this is a family business. Returning in April and hoping to see some upgrades but also know the service will be the most important. And sorry we did not travel in January 2013. Trip Advisor requires a date and will not allow you to fill in your own. Crazy.

Date of stay: January 2013