“PADI diving”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$5,990.00*
and up
7-Day Luxury All-Inclusive Scuba Diving Holiday...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: LUMBADIVE PADI 5 STAR Resort, Carriacou Safe, professional and enjoyable diving with the most experience team, where & with whom you want to dive! Lumbadive opened since 2000, has become a meeting point in Tyrrel Bay, a hub of activity from where the diving starts, a friendly 'n welcoming place where you can feel at home. Service is in French and English but we also speak functional Spanish, Italian and German. Richard is a PADI Master Instructor, EFR and DAN Trainer who has over 1000 certified students at his count. Diane has over 20 years experience in diving and is a PADI MDST, EFR & DAN Instructor . LUMBADIVE PADI 5 STAR /GREEN AWARD, offers NITROX blend, is the largest dive center of the Grenadines. Monday to Saturday and on reservation on Sunday. Walk-in business is welcome. All equipment included in prices. Open hours are 08:30am to 05:00pm. You will find a Beuchat boutique, a classroom, a secure storage room for your gears between the dives, a repair and compressor room, hot water showers and a private jetty. At Lumbadive you'll get VIP service; we prepare, bring in the boat and to the dive center, rinse and hang your equipment with care as it is our own. You just have to relax and enjoy the marvelous underwater sceneries. No dive time limit; you dive as long as your air last. We will do the little extra you are looking for. Nothing is too much trouble to please you! We offer dive courses, excursions, snorkelling gears rental, private charters, repair services and underwater work. Private courses or class from Discover Scuba Diving to Pro including a variety of speciality courses like Sidemount, NITROX, UW Photography and Videography to name only these. Beginners sessions can be counted towards Open Water certification. Still being an insiders' secret, and off the beaten track, Carriacou offers unspoiled and uncrowded dive sites. Add Lumbadive team's dedication, experience and love for the Ocean and you'll get unforgettable dives, from spectacular full-adrenaline dives to long slow relaxed macro spotting dives. Over 35 dive sites for your pleasure.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic holiday in a beautiful unspoiled island in the Grenadines during which my teenage children learned to dive and I did a PADI refresher course. The dive school were great. Richard was flexible and worked with us to get the right balance of necessary coursework and diving experience. Rachel, their dive instructor was absolutely awesome. Looking forward to going back year after next

Diane M, Owner at Lumbadive Padi 5 Stars, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Dear Helen,

Sorry for the late reply. Some how, I did not see the notices from Tripadvisor on reviews done May 20th .
Thank you for this lovely review.
Lumbadive Team is doing its best to make diving learning as easy as possible fro everyone.
We are proud of our 5 amazing Instructors.
We are happy the kids enjoyed themselves through the learning and diving.

We are looking forward to see you again in November.

All reviews

lots of dive options available
Good gear and great dive sites
sharks and big fish on drift dive
lots of dive options available

Diane M, Owner at Lumbadive Padi 5 Stars, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2018

Thank you Mark for this review. Lumbadive team is happy to read you enjoyed yourself and appreciated the dives you did.

Looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed April 22, 2018

Cariacou is one of our favourite islands in the Caribbean where Lumbadive sits on the beach overlooking at Tyrell Bay. The beauty of the place is obvious, however Diane and Richard were able to make me discover a whole new side of it. Through my open water diving course, I was introduced to an amazing sea world. I am so thankful for them to have given me this opportunity. Their knowledge, approach to diving, and passion for the sea made this learning experience easy flowing and incredible.

Diane M, Owner at Lumbadive Padi 5 Stars, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

Dear Marie-Josée,

Eager to learn, great attitude, very good position in water, concern about your environment.
After only one dive it was obvious you would become a amazing diver.
Seeing the sparkles in your eye after your first dive worth all treasure.
You wanted to execute all exercices perfectly. Give yourself a chance.....
So doing all the OW class wasn't enough, you registered for Advance Open Water too.
Remember In diving you learn every time you will jump in water.

Enjoy all your underwater adventure as you enjoy sailing.
We were happy to also introduce to the Quebec sailors in the Caribbean. They are such good friends and references. I'm sure you will be seeing them often either between Grenada and Antigua.

Have a nice trip back home. We'll see you in September.

Cheers

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

As I said previously LumbaDive is truly a FIVE STAR experience from Hamburger to the HAMMER (30 spf to 80 spf)!

So the WHALES!!! I wish I could say that we saw the whales and I am now bummed that I googled “how far can a whale be heard underwater?” and read that research believes up to 10,000 MILES at certain frequencies...so now that the wind is out of the sails of any haters...I feel great again that I remembered I am a mere human, though a Super Pickle, still not able to hear whale convo’s from around the globe (unless at the Whale Bar listening to stories of Moby’s Richard)...HOWEVER based on the VERY complex calculations in my brain and on my fingers/toes, while accounting for the “Caribbean Soon Come” affect on the whales and that fact we were diving less than 2 nautical miles from the Atlantic...I HEREBY CONCLUDE THAT THE WHALES WERE LITERALLY AROUND THE EVERY CORNER!

We have dove Grenada the past 5 years during Whale migration season and have heard from HUMANS the tales of the whale’s lullaby. This year the most amazing thing happened while diving STINGRAY CITY with Sylvain (aka THE Stingray Whispererer)...due to the dive locations proximity to the Harbor we clearly heard the whine from the occasional motors above. Even though we were at 50 feet you always look up and around for boats violating our SAFETY CIRCLE. BACK TO THE WHALES...as we drifted around the sailboat wreck we heard the first call and then we found comfort in the most amazing lullaby between multiple WHALES and their pitches...A simply LUMBADIVE (aka AMAZING) experience!

For the first time is our Multiple stays in Carriacou we saw Turtles of all sizes while snorkeling and diving Tyrell Bay! We hope that Richard can start a GoFundMe campaign to fund: Richard’s Marine Bio-Adventures creating new Wreck Reefs and Bay signage for “Caribbean Turtle XING, PROCEED AT TURTLE SPEED!”

In my previous LumbaDive reviews I mention Diane saving my butt and creating miracles; one of the many miracles this year was receiving a message from Minxy at 0700 about going to Tobago Cays in St. Vincent to freedive the Turtle Sanctuary and with the amazing assist by Cpt. Sherwin & First Mate Nikki, my wife and I found ourselves 2 hours later boarding the #LambiQueen St. Vincent Tour Boat and we literally felt “awe” each time the boat stopped for us to FreeDive with our Friend Turtles. We were fortunate enough to enjoy a private charter and it was worth MORE than every penny! Do not miss this experience regardless of going private or with a group...it is an experience that is tranquility...

And lastly, I hope that you are inspired by the photo’s to “LUMBADIVE” and visit our Dive FAMILY in Carriacou as part of your bucket list.

Diane M, Owner at Lumbadive Padi 5 Stars, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear Michael & Melissa,

Thank you for this fantastic review. It is always a pleasure to have you around year after year. We are happy that this year you were able to ear the whale and that your Tobago trip was a true turtle contact life remember experience.
The Troll Mammouth tug boat will be sink by April 8th which will become an artificial reef for the fish and also a new site for you to discover.
Happy you appreciated Sylvain company in your dives. Maybe next year you will pet the stingray too.
Thank you for sharing that purple icing cake on Melissa birthday. All the staff enjoyed your creation.

We are looking forward to see you again next year.

Diane

PS thanks for the pictures and videos.