“Romantic and Welcoming”

Ranked #12 of 432 Restaurants in Trinidad
Price range: US$16 - US$75
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Rizzoni’s authentic Italian Restaurant. We sought out recipes from families and chefs in Italy and in doing so found inspiration from two particular families who provided us with generations of secret recipes and culinary techniques. Along the Southern Coast in Naples the Rizzo family gave us direction on several of the Classics like lasagna, spaghetti Bolognese, and many of the seafood items they serve their families today. Bold flavours, fresh herbs, and seafood right off the docks are all staples in the Rizzo home. In the hills of Northern Italy the Pisoni Family revealed their love for the finest meats and poultry available. The ribeye cuts, veal, and tender filet mignon were the most exquisite we’d ever seen. The Pisoni family shared their mastery of cooking with whole cream, hand churned butter, sauteing with fine white wines, and reducing the big reds and ports until they created the smoothest, silkiest sauces we’d ever tasted. Many of our thanks and gratitude is owed to the Rizzo and Pisoni families. In honor of their Italian heritage and in appreciation for them allowing us into their lives, we’re so very proud to bring you Rizzoni’s Ristorante Italiano. We hope you share in our excitement in bringing these age old protected recipes to life. We look forward to delivering a unique and authentic Italian experience to every guest, every time. Welcome to our home. Welcome to Rizzoni’s! ​
Reviewed November 10, 2016 via mobile

Simply put, customer service was on point. What a relief to be treated with respect. Our waiter, having OBSERVED that we were vegetarians, made great recommendations that really were very tasty (esp. The polenta). It's always good that all levels of staff understand and can promote the organization's products. Trust that, though this is a basic expectation, it rarely happens. Additionally, the setting was clean and inviting.

I would still hope that more options are provided for vegans/vegetarians, but this being my second visit after two years, it was wonderfully surprising that I left feeling the same way.

Kudos!

I recommend however that understanding that it is an Italian restaurant, waiters should ask customers if they want as much cheese included. That's my only issue!

Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

I have to say the service at Rozzoni's is always very good although I am not a fan of having to leave my contact information with the hostess when I dine. The food is Ok. I am not sure if it is worth the price. I would not say that this is the best Italian on the island. But it is not bad. I would recommend the Romano pizza. It is quite delicious. I would stay clear of the lamb ragu. It is already an expensive pizza and you still have to add toppings. The spaghetti and meatballs is also quite good. So good service, great location, great ambience, ok food.

Reviewed October 19, 2016

Visited Rizzoni's as a part of restaurant week.

1. The serves was the most basic form of polite that could be found
2. Our group of 5 adults and two children arrived in two separate batches, by the time we got there the initial basket of bread was finished. The server graciously brought us another basket (there was one slice per person)
3. We asked for another basket, a request which was met with a firm no, with the waiter indicating that policy is one basket per party - I understood the policy and was fine with that
4. The appetizers took 45 minutes. Now seeing that the policy was so firmly stated I expected rapid service, but you cannot expect 5 adult and 2 children to be satisfied with a nibble of bread while the APPETIZER takes so long to come
5. It finally came and tasted good, as did everything else served
6. The ambiance was pleasant

TIP: Never tell a customer no, always offer to check if a request can be fulfilled. Even if the final answer is no, the customer accepts it more graciously because you did everything you could.

All in all I would diffidently return

Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

The service was very good and the staff was sorry friendly. The food came out very well presented and very fast. The taste of the food was very good and fresh

Reviewed October 9, 2016

Third time there total and second for restaurant week and I must say I'm always satisfied. The ambiance is great and the staff is very friendly and efficient. The manager took time to greet us and asked how is our experience and that always makes me feel welcomed and appreciated. From the restaurant week menu I had the Gnocci Alla Ragu for the appetizer and additional Calimari off the menu. The Calamari there is the BEST!!! which was great, loved th texture. My Entrée was the Parmigiano which was delicious and for desert I had Gelato which was ice-cream and a taste of Panna Cotta which was lovely, the caramel on top was great. I also enjoyed the glass of complimentary wine Unduragga. I don't mind going to this restaurant three more times my experience is always a great one.