Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$140
View deal
Hotels.comUS$140
TravelocityUS$140
Orbitz.comUS$140
CheapTicketsUS$140
TripadvisorUS$140
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 21, 2019 via mobile

I’ve visited Trinidad almost annually for the last 20 years. I’ve stayed in the best and the worst that this twin island republic has to offer. Simply put… The Normandie is the best bang for your buck. It’s the perfect intersection of quality, convenience, comfort, and cleanliness.

It’s now my gold standard.

QUIET: Why do I like it? Because this city is so noisy that a lot of places may look nice in the photos, but the simple sheer amount of honking horns and thumping cars will drive you crazy and keep you/wake you up. The way that this hotel is set up with many of the rooms facing the inner courtyard and pool area, essentially shields you from the incessant noise pollution that this country typically has to offer 24/7 especially during Carnival).

CLEAN: my wife is a Trinidadian – – hence our annual visits. She is also asthmatic and seriously allergic to mold and mildew. This means that the superficial sprays that most hotels use is merely cosmetic. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve looked over and seen my poor wife wearing a mask that makes her look like Darth Vader in the middle of the night because she’s allergic to the hotel room we are staying in. Thankfully the Normandie was a pleasant exception to this. There is no mold, mildew, dirt or grime. The place is pristine!

COMFORT: We’ve stayed at a few places that advertise comfort but are not comfortable for my wallet. This is another exception. The beds allow us to sleep for his long as 12 hours in pure peace. No backaches or sore necks the next day.

And the pool is just a few steps away and is very clean. They also gave us freedom here to swim late at night which was an absolute blessing. It was nice to stay at a place where the staff is helpful but not in your face and giving you a list of things that you cannot do.

We felt free while staying here and it truly felt like a piece of home—Like our own villa or condo for the week.

I highly recommend it.

And add to that free parking and a great restaurant with a short walk down the street to two other inexpensive restaurants and a coffee shop – – the location is perfect.

You can even go for a short stroll down to the botanical gardens or the zoo where I went on my first date with my wife oh so many years ago.

I love this place for the location as it is also nearby all the great food spots and just a stones throw away from Ariapita Avenue and the Savanna.

WILL RETURN SOON WITH NO REGRETS!

Trip type: Travelled with family
RaymondChinLee, General Manager at The Normandie Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2019

Mr Mohr, we greatly appreciate your very kind comments and wonderful review. You have certainly captured the essence of the Normandie experience. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2019

Staying at the Normandie was great. It is very local to many great venues, restaurants, and Trini experiences. At the same time, it is the most quiet hotel I have stayed in in Trinidad. This Hotel made visiting my family so much more enjoyable! The pool is beautiful, the rooms are large, and the staff goes above and beyond for the guests!

Room tip: Quiet location
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for your review. The Normandie Team appreciates your kind comments, and look forward to welcoming to welcoming everyone again soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2019 via mobile

The Normandie Hotel was a good relief to me as it is a tranquil space without the sound of hustle and bustle. A great place for family because of the wonderful market, pool, and restaurant attached to the Hotel. The staff is very helpful and accommodating.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for your review. The Normandie Team is delighted that your stay was enjoyable, and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for about a week and really enjoyed it. The staff are all very kind and very helpful. The room was nice, always clean and has AC.

Also, it's secluded from the main street which I really liked.

All-in-all it was a great experience! I would definitely come back!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. The Normandie Team is delighted that your stay was enjoyable and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2019

Great location right in Port of Spain. People all have been extremely friendly and accommodating our needs while staying at the Normandie. Make sure you stay here when visiting Trinidad. You will not regret it for sure!!

Trip type: Travelled on business