2,057 results
All reviews the executive lounge pool terrace lobby bar enjoyed my stay queens park upside business trinidad spain port savannah natalie gym carnival poolside pos zoo
Reviewed May 27, 2015 via mobile

The hotel is not bad. You drive up a long curving hill to get to it (Lady Young Rd) and there's ample parking. When leaving the compound if you turn right instead of going back up/down the hill, you will reach the Savannah in just mere minutes. It's an easier route when traffic is less in Port of Spain. After reception you take the lifts down to the rooms. As it's built on a hill you drive UP to the main lobby but the rooms are built lower down hence the close proximity to the Savannah.
The hotel:When we reached our floor the first thing we smelt was a damp musty odor. On opening our room door the smell was just as strong. The first night of sleeping in it was just awful. The next morning we opened our balcony door and aired the room out. And we bought a can of glade and sprayed all the nooks and crevices as often as possible. By the 3rd day the smell was all but gone.
There is a coffee/tea maker which is great. There was also complimentary tea and coffee bags, sugar packs, creamers, cups and stirrers (enough for 2 ppl for 2 days). However when we used the cups and sugar and creamer that was it. It was never replenished during our entire stay. We washed the cups and re-used them. Bought our milk and drank sugar less.
For those who must have a cuppa in the morn, buy your own to be safe.
The towels were taken and none re-stocked. We had to call and ask for more. I resorted to leaving notes to the cleaner but that was ignored. After the initial 2 bath towels and my asking for more, there was only 1 given after the daily room clean. We just learnt to live with it.
Bathrooms were nice as was the balcony but a broom was needed there. Lack of Maintenance is what seems to be missing in a lot of hotels, no matter how nicely they're built. Foreign currency changing is done at the reception desk and is very quick and easy with a good rate.
All in all a good stay but we go to hotels to relax not to have clean and spray and request items to make it liveable. This should all have been looked after especially the mouldy odor.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
HiltonTrinidad, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2015

Thank you for your response. Please contact me directly at Leroy.browne@hilton.com so we can discuss this further. Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed May 26, 2015

The Hilton is an average chain hotel, but the breakfast was magnificent. The rooms were ordinary, and the customer service can use some help. On the other hand, the rooms were clean, and the WiFi worked well. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for your response. Please contact me directly at Leroy.browne@hilton.com to discuss your concerns on our customer service or any other questions you may have. Looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed May 26, 2015 via mobile

This was the third time I stayed at this hotel in a year's time. I can honestly say that their customer service has definitely improved since my first stay. On this recent trip I spent some time at the hotel. While I do find the food costly, you do get quite a large serving. Eating outside in the lounging area at night time was nice to see the city lit up. I did get a chance to venture out by the pool. I ended up not going in because there was way too many leaves floating in the pool. The staff at the pool area was very nice.
Now to the con. I have stayed in many different hotels both high end and low end. The $15USD a day per device for wifi I find very high. Most other hotels offer free wifi. Hilton DOES offer free wifi by the pool. However, you have to be under the bar area (according to the staff). Not around the pool, where all the lounge chairs are. The only other con would be that there is nothing within walking distance of the hotel. But they do offer taxi services to their guests. No matter where you are, they will come and get you ($$). I would definitely stay here again as it is a very nice hotel.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
HiltonTrinidad, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2015

Thank you. Please come again soon!

Reviewed May 26, 2015

I booked an overnight at the Hilton in Trinidad one week before my arrival and followed up with a call the day before I traveled to confirm my pick up at the airport. I arrived at 2:00 am in this crime ridden island and waited for half an hour. A Good Samaritan called the hotel to make sure someone was indeed coming to pick me up. No, they said, the driver did not show up today. Since the taxis are unmarked I was scared to let a stranger drive me. Upon arrival, my room was not ready. Dirty towels; awful breakfast and unfriendly staff. I shall NEVER stay at any Hilton again when there are so many other choices.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your response. We apologies for your experience and I do wish to have more details so we can address this matter. Please reach out to me at your convenience at Leroy.browne@hilton.com I am looking forward to discussing this with you in person.

Reviewed May 26, 2015

Everyone was so welcoming and accommodating. Very nice staff, comfy and clean rooms. Awesome! The bar in the lobby made great drinks, everyone was able to recommend places to go, the pool was nice and big.....WE WOULD definitely visit again

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shanee S

We hope you do visit again soon!

Have a great day!