“Excellent lunch”

Rizzoni's Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Rizzoni's Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 193 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Price range: US$16 - US$75
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Rizzoni’s authentic Italian Restaurant. We sought out recipes from families and chefs in Italy and in doing so found inspiration from two particular families who provided us with generations of secret recipes and culinary techniques. Along the Southern Coast in Naples the Rizzo family gave us direction on several of the Classics like lasagna, spaghetti Bolognese, and many of the seafood items they serve their families today. Bold flavours, fresh herbs, and seafood right off the docks are all staples in the Rizzo home. In the hills of Northern Italy the Pisoni Family revealed their love for the finest meats and poultry available. The ribeye cuts, veal, and tender filet mignon were the most exquisite we’d ever seen. The Pisoni family shared their mastery of cooking with whole cream, hand churned butter, sauteing with fine white wines, and reducing the big reds and ports until they created the smoothest, silkiest sauces we’d ever tasted. Many of our thanks and gratitude is owed to the Rizzo and Pisoni families. In honor of their Italian heritage and in appreciation for them allowing us into their lives, we’re so very proud to bring you Rizzoni’s Ristorante Italiano. We hope you share in our excitement in bringing these age old protected recipes to life. We look forward to delivering a unique and authentic Italian experience to every guest, every time. Welcome to our home. Welcome to Rizzoni’s! ​
Reviewed October 5, 2018

Went here for my husband's birthday. The food was good but even though the service was a bit slow the waitress kept us updated which I liked. The ambiance was really nice.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

I dined there on Friday Sept. 28th and was pleased with everything..had no problem...we made reservations... were taken to our seats on arrival and service was on par at the flick of a switch..as a matter of fact out waiter was checking on us without a miss....thoroughly enjoyed the evening and will surely return...hats off to you all.

Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

Real italian menu and very good service. Friendly environment. Appetizer, beverages and main dish were all a very good experience.

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

I must say the dinner at Rizzoni’s was delicious I had a very colorful salad with mahi mahi followed by shrimp pasta followed by dessert I don’t remember the name I just know it was the best.The staff was extremely attentive and friendly. I can’t answer about the price it was paid for by the company hence my appetite lol.

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I decided to celebrate our Anniversary with dinner at the restaurant.. we dined before and it was excellent!! I even recommended the restaurant to my sister and she loved it, but I’m so sad to write a not so nice review.
we made reservations, but when we got there, we were not seated until almost 30mins later... to add insult to injury, the waiter did not come to our table, but attended to people that came in after us. After waiting about another 20 mins and no service, my husband asked for the manager. She apologized for the lack of service and instructed the waiter to make our order a priority... the food was just ok, (probably because it was rushed) which was disappointing because it’s usually amazing...The manager gave us two discount cards and we appreciated it but we aren’t sure if we will return...
I’m not sure if the waiter was new or had difficulties multitasking, but our anniversary dinner could have been a lot better.... we left really disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2018
Ryan C, Owner at Rizzoni's Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

Thank you so much for your helpful feedback and i apologize that your experience that evening did not live up to our usual standard as you expressed. This mediocre service is not acceptable and we will address these shortcomings immediately. I know we cannot change what already transpired but hope that dometime in the future you can give us another chance. I am one of the directors snd wanted to reach out to you personally. If it is not too much to ask can you let me know which location you dined at (North or South Branch and what night you dined with us).

Kindest regards