“Luxury At Its Finest”

Hyatt Regency Trinidad
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Trinidad is my home country and a place to relax and live free with no worries. The place I recommend to stay in Port Of Spain is the Hyatt and since I am a Hyatt member what better place to stay at. Let me say I was very impress how classy clean and friendly the staff was at this hotel. They made me feel very welcome and I felt pampered because they went above and beyond to make me feel welcome. The food and drinks was amazing with the American style with Trini touch blends very well. The Hotel sits on a water front property and when you are at the infinity pool enjoying a KCKtail-Cocktail the view of the ocean is breathing if you are not to buzz. They have evening festivities an consists of live music entertainment, and you can relax with some fresh Caribbean breeze, engage in small talk with other guests. People who stay here are very outgoing, and I had the pleasure of meeting some amazing people from all of the world at this resort, which was gratifying.

Room Tip: Get a Room over looking the ocean
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,288)

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We were fortunate enough to stay at the Hyatt Regency Trinidad during a 20 hour layover from St. Lucia. From the time we arrived we were greeted with over the top 5 star service. Khadejah checked us in and accommodated our request for an ocean view, in addition provided us each a glass of wine. It did not stop there, we entered our room and was pleasantly pleased with the modern design of shower and overall ambiance of the room. The entire hotel matched the stellar status of our room. We enjoyed the live band outside as we lounged on the comfy white couches and ate delicious wings and fries. There was a slight issues with our order and the supervisor quickly addressed, resolved and went at step further and sent a platter of desserts to our room later that evening. Breakfast was amazing! I'm a foodie and this food did not disappoint..The icing on the cake was Angelique, she made sure we were enjoying our stay and gave us a brief of her beautiful country, only to end with a serving pineapple chow, delivered to our room! Its not a matter of will we come again, but how soon can we get back!
Thank you Hyatt Regency Trinidad for making it easy to call your place home when we visit in the future!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank fernandera
Reviewed 17 July 2017

I stayed here to celebrate my birthday and it was an excellent choice. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. I especially enjoyed the sushi menu; I must say it is the best sushi in Trinidad :)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2017

My husband and I recently spent one night at Hyatt Regency Trinidad. When the room was booked the front desk agent asked if we were celebrating any occasion. We informed her that we were celebrating an anniversary. When we arrived at the hotel room we found many surfaces (telephone phone, tables, under the tables, coffee maker area) covered with dust. The room obviously had not been dusted prior to our arrival. I informed the front desk and the response was lackluster and halfheartedly apologetic. I was told that a housekeeper would visit the room. I waited 45 minutes then I left to go to dinner. When we returned an hour and a half later the surfaces had received a "slap dash cleaning" and some were untouched. Very disappointed with housekeeping and front desk. The restaurant staff however were very hospitable. Standards have fallen and staff are laissez faire.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 15 July 2017

We are always greeted with a pleasant smile & some sparkling wines! The rooms are always well kept & quiet BUT the best thing to do is sit by the pool & order the curry shrimp.....you will never regret it!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
34.8 km away
Cara Suites
Cara Suites
#1 of 1 in Claxton Bay

Been to Hyatt Regency Trinidad? Share your experiences!